Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Opening the border and flooding the country with illiterate welfare leeches isn't the only option to help small businesses
    UKIP voter detected - all EU immigrants are illiterate welfare leeches while all immigrants from outside the EU are highly qualified doctors and engineers and lawyers, but they can't get into the UK since the illiterate leeching EU migrants are coming in first and stealing their jobs confirmed

shame EU immigrants pay more in taxes than they receive in welfare, but who cares about actual facts anymore lolol
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-01-18 at 09:38 AM.

Lets see in 10-20 years which state in better shape: UK and Sweden.

Sweden has today a head start AND its in the EU so you would expect an easy win for them right?
    I would put all my money on the UK. Sweden will be the example to the world what blind liberals can do to a country.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    The people you are calling "terrorists" are in fact "freedom-fighters", no amount of stabbings is going to change this.

Problem is emotions count more than facts these days.

Inflation >is< happening, that's a fact and means you can buy less for the money you earn or have to work more to able to buy the same stuff as before Brexit.

Collecting quotes from Trump and May towards German car industry and Deutsche Bank I get a feeling of some kind of a trade war of Allies (US+UK) against EU (mostly Germany) going on and I don't get the benefit of it. What I do like about Trump and May is bringing back industries back into your own country rather than producing in eastern Europe or China. That sure is a good thing imo.

I think the EU needs a complete revison, a new agenda whith lots of changes. If the majority of countries doesn't want more immigration so be it. They have thr right to vote for that and shouldnt be forced (Merkel!?). But all those who think the EU falling apart will be a good thing that solves erverything are just emotional. It will backfire. The countries should be freed form EU red tape and given more independency not regulating everything till toilett paper.

But it's good you're going to get rid of those damn foreigners. Honestly, als long as they go to work, pay their taxes and life by the rules of the host nation, I don't care where people come from. But it must mean a big deal to many. So there you go...

10+ Year Old Account
    Whos going to take the low-end jobs that are covered 99% by romanians and polish ? Natives? LUL

So they lose access to the EU market which means most businesses are fucked regarding sales and trade costs.
    And second their production costs with also go through the roof when they have to pay natives enough to make them consider those low-end jobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I rather worry about the now than the theoretical future

Thus far every BREXIT concern is "this might happen" not "this will happen"
    It's entirely worth it to plan ahead and have contingency scenarios ready based on several hypothetical futures. You cannot plan for the now, since you're already too late.

That's how every business, every organisation and every political institution works and I hope it's also how you approach your own career and life.

Criticizing someone for planning ahead simply because you don't agree with his or her ideas on Brexit is beyond childish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    There fixed that for you.
    Wales and NI voted as a majority for Brexit as well. Don't get me started on how stupid I think the way the Welsh voted is, but there it is.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

10+ Year Old Account
    Brexit is far less important than the current Tory governments attempts to demolish the NHS and Workers Unions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    After her speech its clear Theresa May is crazy. Leave the single market? Wtf?
    Single martket is for free movement of goods services and people. Eu say we cant pick and choose, so out it is.

You did realise this before voting leave, surely?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Brexit is far less important than the current Tory governments attempts to demolish the NHS and Workers Unions.
    Wait until we're out...nhs will be sold off peice meal to trumps mates running us health companies.

Unions will be made all but illegal. Jury trials will be all but gone. Suveilance on our own population will be ramped up even more.

It will be fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Great speech by Theresa no Maybe about her. Great to nearly be free from the yoke of EU President Merkel.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    No access would also mean no friction
    Well considering every country on the planet has access then that would be particular punitive in which case we go full Cayman Islands and fuck everyone in the country that isn't earning an exorbitant wage. She hints that she wants tariff free trading and whilst this benefits both the EU and the UK it does smack of us getting our cake and eating it so I can't see that happening just as a point of principal for the EU.

Deleted
    That only applies to the Hungarian immigrants in the uk.
    Come on, that hurts. Not all of us are bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Why not? They have some good policies.
    You really should stop commenting on issues you're clueless about

- - - Updated - - -

There fixed that for you.

That says more about the broken state of British politics than the popularity of Theresa May.
    The Welsh and big % of Scotland didn't vote leave? 100% of Scotland didn't vote remain no matter what the SNP huff

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    It's entirely worth it to plan ahead and have contingency scenarios ready based on several hypothetical futures. You cannot plan for the now, since you're already too late.

That's how every business, every organisation and every political institution works and I hope it's also how you approach your own career and life.

Criticizing someone for planning ahead simply because you don't agree with his or her ideas on Brexit is beyond childish.
    Not criticizing just not needlessly fearmongering.

Deleted
    Close to two thirds of Scots who voted in the eu referendum voted to remain, so the SNP can be confident that Scotland wants to stay in the eu. it's a far bigger indication of the wishes of the Scots than the very slim majority that has lead us to this ongoing slow motion trainwreck that is brexit.
    You still can't say only the English wanted out

7+ Year Old Account
    Close to two thirds of Scots who voted in the eu referendum voted to remain, so the SNP can be confident that Scotland wants to stay in the eu. it's a far bigger indication of the wishes of the Scots than the very slim majority that has lead us to this ongoing slow motion trainwreck that is brexit.
    Tap tap tap.....still waiting for Nicola Sturgeon to call a second independence referendum as she promised if the UK leaves the EU single market. Oh wait she hasn't, she won't, she'd lose, again.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Would you accept that the vast majority of brexiteers are English? Would you accept that Scotland and Northern Ireland are being forced to walk rocky and uncertain path against their will?

England brought us to this absurd situation and England secured this clown like government. Theresa May was an unmitigated disaster as Home Secretary and I don't expect much from her as PM.
    No because it was a BRITISH vote for BRITISH people that affects BRITAIN. Scotland is free to vote independence and fuck off if they no longer want to be here

Deleted
    Oh, so we should fuck off because we disagree? Speaks volumes for the strength of our union.
    Scotland can do what they want but 38% voted exit. 52% in England 44% in NI, 52% in Wales. 13,266,996 people voted remain in England whereas 1,661,191 voted remain in Scotland. More English were forced into this situation than Scottish so why should Scots receive more sympathy

Deleted
    Who said we wanted your sympathy? We don't want a return to our bygone status of sick man of Europe, all because a collection of numbnuts and little englanders go on some British empire type trip.
    Then stop making out Brexit situation is exclusivly the fault of the English because it makes you look ignorant and frankly (presumming you're Scottish) adds to the bitter stereotype that the Scots hate the English

Deleted
    Here, Adam, the numbers say that England took us down this rocky road and I will continue to hold them responsible for this disaster.

Maybe one day you should visit Scotland and I'm sure you'll find that the Scots don't hate the English.
    Fun fact: the only country on this plant where I've been subjected to any real anti-Scottish rhetoric was in England. What that particular Englishman found is that calling a Scot a porridge-wog results in a hefty dental bill.
    My fathers family is Scottish
    I have visited Scotland numerous times (my fav country)
    Despite that I experienced anti-english sentiments more than once

7+ Year Old Account
    The Scots will never vote to leave the UK, they know their Haggis is buttered in Westminster. Quite surprised the SNP don't campaign for the English to be given a vote in the next Scottish referendum, their independence would be immediately assured.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The UK will still have an important financial services sector based in London. Some companies will relocate, some will open up divisions within an EU nation to channel business through, but London has such a mature and experienced market that no EU nation can hope to compete for the forseeable future.

Most people will be fine and likely won't even notice much difference long term, was my point.

I probably will be affected more than most British people, but I am not unduly concerned about Brexit, as where there is change there is opportunity. Glass half full and all that.

Tell that to all the working class chaps who voted to leave, due to them thinking that current immigration levels and the subsequent race-to-the-bottom competition for employment, are not fine.

Our time has come!*

Not sure how Brexit can be seen as a stepping stone in some One Nation Tory dastardly plan, as most supported Remain, including myself.

*Technically One Nation Conservatives have been in power for about a third of the last 150 years, but this time is even more our time than those other times.

For giving the British people what they voted for in the referendum?

Theresa May is currently the most popular politician in the UK. And by some distance.

Ed Balls is the second most popular, mainly due to him not having a great deal to do with politics at the moment and wearing sequinned costumes.

The Labour Party is a joke, it is in the midst of a civil war, with a leader (in the loosest sense of the term) whose idea of a Golden Age is seemingly 1920s Russia. They recently contested a by-election in which their candidate polled a lower number of votes than the party has members in that constituency. A good outcome for them from a snap General Election would be to still exist.

As for the others, well the Lib Dems haven't got enough MPs to make a football team, UKIP and the Greens only have one MP each, Northern Irish and Welsh parties are also too small to be relevant. The only major party with the political unity to be potential candidates as an effective opposition are the Scottish nationalists, who are hampered by the fact that there aren't very many Scottish people and so can't realistically expect to get any more seats in Parliament.
    I am really disappointed to hear this. I understand Corybn had a rough time but who knows. He may still turn it around. For the sake of the U.K. we must hope that someone other than may is in office. She wasn't even really elected Prime Minister.