Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Anyone have the numbers for all the specs that can use this? Would be nice to see the % increase per spec.

Assa rogues with 3x MA / boots > rets >> everything else

Deleted
    As an rogue i must say its pretty strong for us but for other classes its way way stronger

Furthermore the proc rates arent final or rather live. Lets wait for some live logs to judge.

If the trinket is that strong the nerf bat will snack it.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-01-18 at 10:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post

Under the serenity tab. Those are the accurate sims.

Also, lul where's MM in that prio list?
    Afaik, WDP outcales Serenity on almost every fight that isn't patchwerk ATM

And, on topic of hunters, we did simcrafts for 2 mm hunters (and 1bm) in our guild. Both of our MM's get ~0.5% boost in dps, and for BM it is slight DPS loss

Quote Originally Posted by Vertixio View Post

And, on topic of hunters, we did simcrafts for 2 mm hunters (and 1bm) in our guild. Both of our MM's get ~0.5% boost in dps, and for BM it is slight DPS loss
    Considering convergence removes an entire minute off trueshot cd, that'd have to be wrong.

And Serenity is definitely used on the majority of fights.

Considering convergence removes an entire minute off trueshot cd, that'd have to be wrong.

I'm assuming compared to alternatives
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'm assuming compared to alternatives
    Well if you check the MM trinket sims, unless the guy is comparing convergence to arcano (Which he shouldn't be, because whatever other trinket he has would be his worst) It's the 2nd best trinket, quite a lot ahead of the next best that he could possibly have. (Not including arcano)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I know for ret paladins it's totally insane. It reduces the CD of Crusade, and honestly, I don't think there is a stronger damage CD in the game than Crusade. With my current gear at 887 illv, just swapping out my 870 FCM for Convergence, I sim at ~630k dps.
    With the Arms warrior set bonus, they may have a higher priority then Ret does.

The other two I can think of are Assassin rogues, Vendetta is extremely strong and they already have so much that reduces the CD. Blizzard stealth nerfed the Relics, I think the reason was this trinket with those relics and the legendary would have given a strong cd almost no cooldown at all. The other is Havoc, it is a long cooldown and extremely powerful cooldown.

Now it also depends on the fights, some fights a class with a longer cooldown may get a bigger benefit because they can use it twice well that same fight it could be possible that a shorter cooldown may be used the same amount of times which could cause 0 gain from the trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Convergence of Fate is a hunter and melee dps trinket that reads:
    Your attacks have a chance to reduce the remaining cooldown on one of your powerful abilities by 5 sec.

It is an exceedingly powerful trinket especially for classes that depend on those abilities for dps e.g ret or arms. It will probably be BiS for almost every spec that can use it so it is of interest to loot councils to know who can get the most out of it. My bet is that a ret with two WotA relics and Chain of Thrayn can get the most out of it though I'd love to see what Havoc can do with this and the new legendary shoulders

And no, it's still much weaker than SoO or HFC trinkets but let's face it, both MoP and WoD had a ridiculous chunk of their final tier scaling dropped in trinkets and tier.
    It isn't great for DK's, it is way mediocre for frost and unholy has much stronger trinkets (example is Draught of Souls off Gul'dan, that should go to an unholy dk before any other class due to stacking with mastery).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    Does anyone know what classifies as a "powerful ability" though? Does it reduce the CD on artifact abilites, or is there a minimum CD threshold for it to be considered a powerful ability?

Regardless, I would say it works best on classes that rely on burst windows to keep up, so Ret / Arms and maybe even SV if they emerge from the bottom tier.
    If you go to wowhead and click on the proc, you can select the class. It is one cooldown and usually the longest one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    For unholy the trinket is pretty decent/good for frost not, and why if your top players are dks do they need to reroll?
    You want draught of souls and almost any other trinket over this trinket for unholy.

Under the serenity tab. Those are the accurate sims.

Also, lul where's MM in that prio list?
    Where is MM? At the very end along with BM hunters right after them

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...pec=Windwalker
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...er&partition=2
    I see serenity used on majority of the fights... oh wait
    And even with the trinket, if you have legendary wrist you still won't use it

Well if you check the MM trinket sims, unless the guy is comparing convergence to arcano (Which he shouldn't be, because whatever other trinket he has would be his worst) It's the 2nd best trinket, quite a lot ahead of the next best that he could possibly have. (Not including arcano)
    BM - https://puu.sh/tpOTN/863cbfa8ed.png
    MM - https://puu.sh/tpOWz/6af680fc62.png
    Azortharion trinkets sims

I don't know what you call a lot ahead, but 8k ahead of the guarm one for MM and 3k ahead of ursoc one for BM isn't A LOT to me

Quote Originally Posted by Xeion View Post
    Assa rogues with 3x MA / boots > rets >> everything else
    Nice try, but not

Around 9% upgrade A LOT less than rets, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    With the Arms warrior set bonus, they may have a higher priority then Ret does.
    Nope

No class come EVEN CLOSE to rets, I know that it sucks for your specs, but you have to just face it, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Teroo View Post

I don't know what you call a lot ahead, but 8k ahead of the guarm one for MM and 3k ahead of ursoc one for BM isn't A LOT to me

Nice try, but not

Nope

No class come EVEN CLOSE to rets, I know that it sucks for your specs, but you have to just face it, sorry.
    ... Serenity becomes favoured on longer fights.. Aka in progression in mythic. Short fights means Serenity isn't favoured. And "8k" is alot when you compare it to the differences of other trinkets earlier on. Shits simmed differently, not all using the same set of numbers. The actual number doesn't matter as much as the difference between the trinkets overall.

But at the end of the day, I got a good giggle out of how salty and worked up you are over a trinket in a video game. Thanks for that

Yeah... No

~10% upgrade doesn't matter the legendaries

~12,5% upgrade without BiS legendaries, ~14% with them.

So yeah, unless your rets are disabled total retards, they should get the trinket frist, and monks are not #2 either
    It is Rets >>>>>>>>>> DH > Monk > Arms and then MAYBE frost DK
    10% vs 14%, your ret doesn't need to be "mentally retarded" to get less out of it with a spread that thin

Quote Originally Posted by Vertixio View Post
    s
    serenity beats WDP once you get COF. WDP only beats ser with COF if you have DHC the legendary for SEF.

Convergence of Fates: now activates 70% less often for Retribution Paladins (other specs unaffected).

Ahahahaha sorry buddy! Looks like Ret is now right at the very end!

Quote Originally Posted by Bags View Post
    serenity beats WDP once you get COF. WDP only beats ser with COF if you have DHC the legendary for SEF.
    Serenity still wins out over 5 consistent targets as per Babs below:

"TLDR: Until you have Convergence of Fates, use Whirling Dragon Punch. After you have Convergence of Fates, use Whirling Dragon Punch if you have Drinking Horn Cover until more than 5 consistent targets, use Serenity above 5 targets or without Drinking Horn Cover."

EDIT: Digressed from topic to reduce the misinformation that gets spread.
    Last edited by Alcapown; 2017-01-19 at 05:04 AM.

Nice try, but not

Nope

January 18

Nerfed for Ret Pallies, sadly, but the writing was on the wall.....just too strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    Nerfed for Ret Pallies, sadly, but the writing was on the wall.....just too strong.
    Not sure if "nerfed" does justice to what they did there... Procs 70% less often is not a nerf that is more a "has been removed from your loot table" moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    Not the right approach to that. Now it's back to farming VotW for us... cause a certain other trinket that comes from a 5man dungeon outweights everything else.
    Marvelous design, i gotta say.

They shouldn't have decreased it by a friggin' 70%... this is along the lines of "why didn't they just remove it from our loot-table; that would at least lessen the pain of not rolling a tier piece instead".

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Not the right approach to that. Now it's back to farming VotW for us... cause a certain other trinket that comes from a 5man dungeon outweights everything else.
    Marvelous design, i gotta say.

They shouldn't have decreased it by a friggin' 70%... this is along the lines of "why didn't they just remove it from our loot-table; that would at least lessen the pain of not rolling a tier piece instead".
    Pro tip, bonus roll her as prot.

Not that we should have to fucking game the system like that in the first place.

It was definitely too strong for Ret however 70% seems a bit extreme...

I'm not sure how it works with my Windwalker Monk, but on my Havoc DH it's pretty insane. Wondering if it'll be of any use at all on my Survival Hunter (I'd guess so, means more Eagle usage, which is always helpful)