Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    Come on. You me Blizzard and my dog's chew toy know whatever Blizzard does short of completely breaking the game they'll maintain plenty of subscribers to make profit.

It only has to be effective in that it keeps players subscribed with the back and forth of "fine tuning" classes. For every one person who quits because of changes like these an equal or more resub to take part. Why should they care about pissing anyone off with how many people are subscribed?

And that's the point. They don't care. A company that can totally dismiss striving for quality from lack of close competition with any other game can literally do whatever they want for profit. That is literally all they care about now. I don't know where this game is going to end up like that.
    It's pretty clear most of you have never worked for a developer before. Soooo much tinfoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    If you look at it from an economic standpoint, it makes sense. They don't want the game to be (fully) balanced. The FotM rerollers keep the game populated, and they'll get bored if the meta becomes stale - thus, constant rollercoaster in the top tier DPS.

The point of the PTR also makes sense if you look at it the same way. It's not there to ensure balance, it's there to ensure hype for the upcoming patch.

I see where you're coming from and it's not all that far-fetched. But, poor balance at this level of "poor" loses players. This level of balance makes the Devs look like Mongoloids and 7.1.5 made them look like Mongos with no clue or hope of fixing said "poor" balance.

IMO, 7.1.5 makes the Dev team look really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcleave View Post
    I see where you're coming from and it's not all that far-fetched. But, poor balance at this level of "poor" loses players. This level of balance makes the Devs look like Mongoloids and 7.1.5 made them look like Mongos with no clue or hope of fixing said "poor" balance.

Sure, it's not like the devs are impeccable geniuses - they'll make mistakes outside of their goals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    It's pretty clear most of you have never worked for a developer before. Soooo much tinfoil.
    Or for any other business with an old, mature product/platform running on outdated code/software.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcleave View Post

And what is the "level of poor" that is acceptable? Based on the preliminary info we have now the classes are actually quite balanced, and were balanced before this patch as well. Take a look at the data on warcraft logs.

On normal Krosus which is as close to a patchwerk style fight as we'll get in this tier the numbers for normal. The difference between top and bottom averaged across all ilvls is 25%. If you toss out the currently overperforming Assasination rogue that differential drops to 19%.

Obviously this is going to change as players become more accustomed to the changes and gather better gear and set bonuses, but the amount of sky is falling here is silly.

note - I didn't look at heroic bosses because the number of parses is quite small currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Around launch, I seem to recall a lot of players quoting Blizzard on something along the lines of, "Nerfs will be kept to a minimum".

Good one, guys.

You guys are expecting way too much from a 12 year old code base.

WoW code must be a nightmare, i bet that all the best developers dont even want to get near it anymore and are working on overwatch and newer games

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    And how exactly is Wow like Diablo again? Most of the new mechanics for wow that have been introduced in Legion have been used in many, many, many, many other rpgs and mmos. Either provide a list of d3 devs on the wow team or just shut the fuck up about it.
    Yeah, you're right there's no similarities between WoW Legion and Diablo 3. Or is there?

http://www.wowhead.com/news=258824/a...es-in-warcraft