Poll: Scariest Horror Villain

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of the ones listed?

Freddy and or Jason.

Freddy can kill you in your sleep, YOUR SLEEP. You can't escape him and he is a force of nature, he doesn't die.

Jason, like Freddy, is a force of nature. You can defeat Jason but he'll just keep coming back. He is a boogeyman like Freddy but lacks Freddy's dimensional mobility but can teleport (you can't tell me that he can't teleport).

Myers is cool and all but he is still just a man.

Leatherface is just a slow cannibal with a chainsaw.

Chucky never scared me. I guess he could be dangerous if he came at you with a knife and you had nothing...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Freddys power is limited he cant really manifest too far away from Springwood (his home town). But in his bubble his power is almost unlimited. 42 recorded kills (not counting the remake or the children he killed while alive (6 I think)). He always underestimates his female foes to his undoing.

Danger Rating: Coffee lots of it also leave town that might work. If that fails throw women at him they are his kriptonite.

Jason has the highest kill count by far at 184 (not counting the remake). Hes also easily the most physically powerful killer as well as the most unstoppable.

Danger Rating: RUN BITCH RUN!

Leatherface has 31 but its hard to tell if half the films are part of the reboot or the original series since they jump all over the place.

Danger Rating: Hes just a fat slow retarded redneck. The chainsaw is also unwieldy you could beat his ass with an aluminum baseball bat.

Chucky has 44 (not counting his victims before becoming the doll). His stealth and ability to use firearms is his best attribute. Without that hes rather easy to beat.

Danger Rating: Listen to your children and throw the doll in the fire just to be safe.

Michael Myres is the hardest to figure because some films are ignored and it has 2 reboot films Next to Jason hes the biggest killer. In Halloween 1-6 he has 67. In H20 and Resurrection (which ignore films 4,5, and 6) he has 18. He picks up 38 in the terrible Rob Zombie remakes. Part man part black magic (at least in the first 6) hes hard to beat even with guns but its doable.

Danger Rating: Pack some serious heat like if you were going after a brown bear or ISIS.

SO while Freddy is probably the creepiest you have a better shot of surviving an encounter with him than Jason or Myers.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2017-01-18 at 07:42 AM.

Freddy or Jason, Chucky and leatherface you can fuck up like normal.

Jason you could trick into a cave or something and blow it up and he will be stuck there, freddy probably as you cant do shit in your dreams.

Jay was booted into outer space, turned half cyborg, burnt up in earth 2's atmosphere and is STILL truckin'. He's always been my #1. Oh, and he whooped Fred's ass in FvJ.

If you are a lucid dreamer, Fred is nothing. Watch Dream Warriors and you'll see what I mean. If you are not... you'll be cockroach girl lmao

I love these guys. Chuck a bit less, but he is still fun. Mike is cool and all, but always felt like a poor man's Jay. Leatherface was a poor man's Mike. That's on the "if i have to fight them" strength scale, but Leatherface has that crazy run after you with a chainsaw TERROR factor, while Mike and Jay will just calmly follow you then punch a whole through a wall and pull you through it.

We just had Friday the 13th this past Friday, so it gave some people the opportunity to enjoy some of these legends again. I believe it was Spike that ran NoES 1, 3, 4, 5 then Jay X and FvJ (maybe also Jay goes to Hell?). Glorious, glorious, glorious!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

One of the reasons why I've hated this kind of genre; unkillable villains that people watch for that reason alone.
    The poor humans have to think of some way to contain the supernatural threat long enough to have an ending to the movie.
    The only one movie that had some "charm" to it was the one that had one particular human that was given her own "supernatural" element (psychokinesis) when fighting off Jason which helped out in leveling the playing field.

I can try to run from everyone but the first one, sooner or later, your body WILL shut down and he WILL come for you. Alot less fair than the others .. uh, if fair is a word can use here to describe -any- of them.

So, going with Freddy.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Mike is cool and all, but always felt like a poor man's Jay.
    You realize Jason only EXISTS because of the success of Michael Myers, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You realize Jason only EXISTS because of the success of Michael Myers, right?
    False. Jason exists because people are mean... and get what's coming to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    What abauth Sadako?

If you see the video = you are dead in 7 days.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    What abauth Sadako?

good thing VCR's are a thing of the past then :P

Deleted
    Freddy Krueger.

Seen the movies the most when I was just a kid, so he kinda left the most impact.

Freddy
    Jason
    Michael
    Chucky

Leather Face

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Of the ones listed?

Freddy and or Jason.

Freddy can kill you in your sleep, YOUR SLEEP. You can't escape him and he is a force of nature, he doesn't die.

Jason, like Freddy, is a force of nature. You can defeat Jason but he'll just keep coming back. He is a boogeyman like Freddy but lacks Freddy's dimensional mobility but can teleport (you can't tell me that he can't teleport).

Myers is cool and all but he is still just a man.
    Myers isn't "just a man", and hasn't been since the very first movie. In the first movie, the doc emptied a revolver into his chest and sent him falling out of a second story window. Also, this was after he had already been stabbed in the chest with a butcher knife, and then again in the neck. He got up and walked away totally unphased. Then an entire building was blown up with him inside in the second movie, nope, didn't bother him in the least. Fourth movie a dozen guys blasted him with rifles and shotguns until he fell down a mineshaft. He returned none the worse for wear in the fifth movie. He's no more a man than Jason is.

BUT, here's the thing-both of them are still made of flesh and bone. They are not Superman, they can be cut, they can be stabbed, they can be shot...they just shrug off the wounds, you cannot kill them by inflicting internal organ trauma. Ordinarily fatal wounds like gunshots to the heart or knives in the neck or electrocution or fire do not kill them. And, not knowing better, the victims in these movies always treat them as if they are human. They shoot them in the chest, and assume they've won, or they try punching it out with them, or hitting them with a bat, or whatever, because these techniques would work on a human assailant.

We, however, know they are not human, and do not suffer fatal injuries as we do. Thus, we could try things the movie characters have never been smart(or ruthless) enough to try. If you have a sword or axe or machete or chainsaw or similar cutting/chopping/hacking weapons, do not go for the chest, go for the leg. Neither moves particularly quickly and they do not dodge, so it's not hard to outmanuever them and land a strike. So simply dodge and avoid them until you can get beside or behind them, then take one of their legs off. The wound won't be fatal as neither of them can bleed to death, but their mobility WILL be compromised. A target that cannot stand, even one that doesn't feel pain, is much less of a threat than one that can actively pursue you. Then, while they're down, crawling after you, it will be no chore at all to take the other leg, the limbs, and the head. Now, will that kill them? Maybe, maybe not(AFAIK decapitation has never been tried), but it will certainly take them out of action for a long, long time.

and what about Jigsaw?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    On a minor scale, The Creeper from Jeepers Creepers used to irk me when i was kid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where's the Candyman?

As a kid the others were all a joke to me but candyman frightened me for some reason

the clown toy from Poltergeist.

Deleted
    Freddy Krueger - Move away from town, Problem solved.

Leather Face - Only one that would scare me. Mainly due to watching the film when I was a kid.

Jason Voorhees - Distract with a bimbo, run away!

Michael Myers - im not a teenager, no threat to me.

Chucky - catch him unawares, Lock in a solid box, Throw away the key.

In terms of pure fright, I think The Thing would actually top Freddy or Jason. Freddy can make your own personal hell, but only when I sleep and Jason would at least offer a quick death (hopefully), but something about being forcefully merged with a creature frightens me. You could be holding your cat or dog and oh no, suddenly it's attached to you.

Deleted
    100% Freddy.

Wears a Christmas jumper and doesn't look too menacing but not being able to sleep must really suck. At least the others are physical presences that can be outran and out-maneuvered.

If you flew abroad, how exactly would they pursue? can't see them scoring a passport easily, and I doubt they have a pilots license between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    That's no more scary than being diagnosed with a terminal disease and given a rough time of death. At least you have an end date and some clarity with that bint.