Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It should have been there, but I highly doubt a lack of Netflix or Youtube will stop someone from buying the Switch at launch.
    Probably not, but I'm sure it's going to catch plenty of folks by surprise and leave a rather bad initial taste in their mouth.

I just can't fathom how little sense so many of the decisions make, especially given how much Nintendo should have learned from by looking at how Microsoft and Sony handled their latest console launches. Yeah, I get that Nintendo are Nintendo and they do their own thing, but pretending that your competition doesn't exist and not bothering to learn from their successes and mistakes is idiotic to the extreme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha. Hahaahahahahaahahaahaahahaahaahaahah!

Is Nintendo serious about their paid online "service"? I get to rent a ROM of an old ass game for a month? Wow thanks Nintendo, great deal! /thumbsup

Zelda and Mario better be pretty god damn good or I honestly have little to no interest in the Switch.

I can't wait I love Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It should have been there, but I highly doubt a lack of Netflix or Youtube will stop someone from buying the Switch at launch.

Just seems more like an issue of "We really did push this out the door quickly"
    The issue was never going to be selling systems at launch.

The Wii U managed to sell over 3 mil in 5 weeks, which is more then the planned Switch unit shipments in 4 weeks.

The issue is selling it to non nintendo diehards, which is how you get more then the 13 mil Wii U sales.

Is some hardcore Nintendo fan going to give a rats ass about no netflix? No. However every casual in the world is probably going to ask gamestop or best buy rep if the system has netflix. It's not a MAJOR thing, it's just another thing on the list of why... How hard is it to throw netflix programmers access to your software to create an app for it. It's not, it's just Nintendo being nintendo. If Konami had the system long enough to create a $20 looking indy bomberman game then Netflix could of had an app ready.

Also netflix significantly updated the Wii U app less then a year ago(it's actually the best netflix app there is IMO) so it's not like netflix would refuse to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Probably not, but I'm sure it's going to catch plenty of folks by surprise and leave a rather bad initial taste in their mouth.

I just can't fathom how little sense so many of the decisions make, especially given how much Nintendo should have learned from by looking at how Microsoft and Sony handled their latest console launches. Yeah, I get that Nintendo are Nintendo and they do their own thing, but pretending that your competition doesn't exist and not bothering to learn from their successes and mistakes is idiotic to the extreme.
    I'd say it depends on how long it takes for them to get Netflix out.

If it's like a month later, that's probably going to be as long as it takes for the stores to start restocking anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The issue was never going to be selling systems at launch.

The Wii U managed to sell over 3 mil in 5 weeks, which is more then the planned Switch unit shipments in 4 weeks.

The issue is selling it to non nintendo diehards, which is how you get more then the 13 mil Wii U sales.

Is some hardcore Nintendo fan going to give a rats ass about no netflix? No. However every casual in the world is probably going to ask gamestop or best buy rep if the system has netflix. It's not a MAJOR thing, it's just another thing on the list of why... How hard is it to throw netflix programmers access to your software to create an app for it. It's not, it's just Nintendo being nintendo. If Konami had the system long enough to create a $20 looking indy bomberman game then Netflix could of had an app ready.

Also netflix significantly updated the Wii U app less then a year ago(it's actually the best netflix app there is IMO) so it's not like netflix would refuse to do it.

Fair enough, but I still think it comes down to how long it's going to take for Netflix to hit. I did always prefer the Wii U netflix over the rest due to the tablet feature, so the Switch should by all means have the same.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Wrong, it is a home console/hand held hyrbrid.

Why should I have to pay more for stuff that should be included in a new system? Especially for a new system where the future library of games is very uncertain?
    its a handheld that you put onto a piece of plastic that lets it use an hdmi cable. the dock is literally just a plastic square with a fan and some usb/hdmi cables.

the switch is a handheld. theres no room to put a 500 gb hard drive. even if they put it in the dock that would drive up the price even more and you wouldnt even be able to play games saved to it on the go.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Stupid question, it won't take 3DS cards, isn'it ?

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    We've touched on this. It's not as bad as you think. Yes you'll need storage eventually but unless you're going full digital at launch it's a non-issue. Games play from their own cards. Patches, DLC etc will fill it up probably in the first year though. Plenty of time to pick out your SD card/size/speed of choice. And time to wait and see if they allow USB externals.
    and if you already own a 3ds its likely you have a micro sd card you can use anyways.

take your sd card, save the 3ds stuff to your pc. then use it for the switch, put it back whenever you feel like playing 3ds games

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    its not backwards compatible with wiiu or 3ds. its possible it could have 3ds virtual console games but considering the wiiu could natively play gamecube games and didnt have them im not sure if it will.

it will definitely have wii and ds games though at some point.

the joy cons could be used to emulate a touch screen with their camera when docked, and when undocked the switch could just use its own touch screen
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the switch is a handheld.
    You know this is not Nintendo's official stance on the matter, nor how they're marketing the console. So why do you post this bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Nope, Switch carts only.

You know this is not Nintendo's official stance on the matter, nor how they're marketing the console. So why do you post this bullshit?

Nope, Switch carts only.
    Still doesn't detract from the fact that what he said is true. The dock is a literal piece of plastic with an HDMI slot for a cord to go through. You can hook your PC up to your TV. This doesn't make it a home console lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    We've touched on this. It's not as bad as you think. Yes you'll need storage eventually but unless you're going full digital at launch it's a non-issue. Games play from their own cards. Patches, DLC etc will fill it up probably in the first year though. Plenty of time to pick out your SD card/size/speed of choice. And time to wait and see if they allow USB externals.
    Actually it is much worse that I thought. 32GB's on my Wii U is not enough space already. I have that fucker filled up with VC games and other stuff that I still play. Now I assume that Switch games will take up even more space making it nearly impossible to install more than 1 game. I shoudln't have to buy more hardware for something that should be included.

its a handheld that you put onto a piece of plastic that lets it use an hdmi cable. the dock is literally just a plastic square with a fan and some usb/hdmi cables.

the switch is a handheld. theres no room to put a 500 gb hard drive. even if they put it in the dock that would drive up the price even more and you wouldnt even be able to play games saved to it on the go.
    Nintendo says otherwise. Besides a 256GB hard drive isn't very big at all. I have a 1tb USB stick the size of a pen.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2017-01-18 at 07:16 PM.

regardless of how they market it at the end of the day the switch is just a handheld. its a very powerful handheld but its still just a handheld.

my psp could connect to my tv with cables, my gba could play on my tv with the gba player.

im sure someone will even make some sort of accessory that tricks the switch into thinking its docked so it overclocks on the go (would probably kill battery life, but i expect it to happen)

10+ Year Old Account
    Switch not having Netflix is fucking horrible. Like Tech said, the Wii U Netflix app was the best app... period. Having Netflix on the go on a screen much larger than your phone would be another big selling point when compared to PS4 and Xbox. It wouldn't sell systems probably, but honestly I hadn't even thought about the ability to watch Netflix on the Switch and it having Netflix would definitely push me over the edge if I was still on the fence.

Such a disappointment. I assume no Youtube either?

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Nintendo says otherwise. Besides a 256GB hard drive isn't very big at all. I have a TGB USB stick the size of a pen.
    nintendo can say whatever they want, doesnt change the fact that the switch is a handheld.

nintendo has already confirmed the only thing in the dock is a fan and usb/hdmi ports. all of the hardware is in the tablet itself, the only reason games look better when its docked is because its connected to a power supply and lets it overclock without killing the battery.

and i very much doubt you have a terabyte usb stick the size of a pen.

a hard drive that size is like this big

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Switch not having Netflix is fucking horrible. Like Tech said, the Wii U Netflix app was the best app... period. Having Netflix on the go on a screen much larger than your phone would be another big selling point when compared to PS4 and Xbox. It wouldn't sell systems probably, but honestly I hadn't even thought about the ability to watch Netflix on the Switch and it having Netflix would definitely push me over the edge if I was still on the fence.

Such a disappointment. I assume no Youtube either?
    its not like they arent getting a netflix app. its just not gonna be in at launch, will probably come a month or two later and as said earlier, if you dont have a switch preordered you probably wont get one before then anyways

- - - Updated - - -

plus, this is a handheld. you're gonna end up dropping it. if you're a kid, you're gonna drop it alot.

you dont want to drop a hard drive and lose all your shit and have to send it to nintendo.

a bigger sd card couldve been included but its not a huge deal some of you are making it out to seem.

You know why because if you say anything negative about Nintendo, him and a few others will defend it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Still doesn't detract from the fact that what he said is true. The dock is a literal piece of plastic with an HDMI slot for a cord to go through. You can hook your PC up to your TV. This doesn't make it a home console lol.
    Yes it does....

Nintendo is marketing it as a console that you can take mobile. They are marketing it as a Wii-U replacement.

- - - Updated - - -

regardless of how they market it at the end of the day the switch is just a handheld.

No it isn't regardless of how they market it... How they market it matters the most.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You know why because if you say anything negative about Nintendo, him and a few others will defend it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it does....

Nintendo is marketing it as a console that you can take mobile. They are marketing it as a Wii-U replacement.

- - - Updated - - -

No it isn't regardless of how they market it... How they market it matters the most.
    They can market it however they want brotato. It still doesn't change what it is, which is a handheld lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    They can market it however they want brotato. It still doesn't change what it is, which is a handheld lol.
    Its a console with the ability to go mobile.....

Good chance just due to battery life the majority will use it as a console as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its a console with the ability to go mobile.....

Good chance just due to battery life the majority will use it as a console as well.
    Its a handheld with the ability to be a console. Im not trashing it. I pre-ordered one. Paid in full.

Its still a handheld first. If it wasn't, it would have the every day standard features that every console has at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    nintendo can say whatever they want, doesnt change the fact that the switch is a handheld.

nintendo has already confirmed the only thing in the dock is a fan and usb/hdmi ports. all of the hardware is in the tablet itself, the only reason games look better when its docked is because its connected to a power supply and lets it overclock without killing the battery.

and i very much doubt you have a terabyte usb stick the size of a pen.

a hard drive that size is like this big

plus, this is a handheld. you're gonna end up dropping it. if you're a kid, you're gonna drop it alot.

you dont want to drop a hard drive and lose all your shit and have to send it to nintendo.

a bigger sd card couldve been included but its not a huge deal some of you are making it out to seem.
    Wrong again. Nintendo says that it is a hybrid, so that is how it is. Whether you choose to agree with that or not is your business. It just makes your other arguments weaker.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2017-01-18 at 07:20 PM.

I'm surprised they didn't make the dock have a slot to insert a 2.5" HDD or SSD. It would definitely fit in the dimensions of the dock without adding too much to the depth of it. Is the 32GB memory onboard, or do you have to remove that card to add a larger one? You can get a decent Samsung et al 128GB flash card for $35-40, but thats still adding cost to the system. By the time you add a game, a pro controller or two, extra storage, maybe the ethernet adapter—you're already looking at $500+ for a handheld system.

Seems there are 512gb cards atm with 1tb coming out soon, but I believe those are SD only. For micro-SD the largest size is 256gb.
    Last edited by stellvia; 2017-01-18 at 07:40 PM.