Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Hmm I know that's alpha footage but not a big fan of no ranged class.
    I mean other than Bow, the gunner classes are kinda shit in Monster Hunter. This is coming from someone who mained HBG in Freedom Unite.

Signed up for beta. It says "free-to-play" below on the website. Really hope it doesn't turn out to be "pay here for the exclusive +17647146 reagents".

Don't mind at all if they monetize cosmetics, maybe adding a slow farmable way to obtain shop currency.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I mean other than Bow, the gunner classes are kinda shit in Monster Hunter. This is coming from someone who mained HBG in Freedom Unite.
    If you are playing with crappy gunners then yes they can suck but good gunners can decimate monsters.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    If you are playing with crappy gunners then yes they can suck but good gunners can decimate monsters.
    I don't mean in terms of power. Gunners with God's Archepelago are in basically every speed run comp. But soloing as a non-bow gunner is complete shit and they are by far the lowest played weapon types in MH, so it makes sense that they'd opt to go for more used weapon types.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So, yeah..pre-alpha and not being familiar that much with Monster hunter: Does killing every monster take like 10 minutes, must happen in a group...and then?
    Depends on the monster, if it's the newbie ones it can take about 10 min. The harder ones take about 20-30 min tops. I think the time limit is always 45 min but i can be mistaken.
    The hunts are in groups of 4, you go to a lobby, pick a quest and place it for everyone to see and join or you can pick up other peoples quests.

At the end of each hunt you receive materials specific to each boss to make specific different weapons, each with different habilities and skills.
    Some armors are resistent against an element and weak to others and can have special skills like...heal your party members.

And that's all there is to the Monster Hunter genre. Kill monsters to get better gear to kill other different monsters to get new different gear.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-01-11 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I am not seeing it correctly, but my thoughts was that I liked the graphic style in the "Announcement trailer" More than in the pre-alpha fight footage (that looked more "realistic")

So, yeah..pre-alpha and not being familiar that much with Monster hunter: Does killing every monster take like 10 minutes, must happen in a group...and then?
    Depending on your gear, skill, and the monster some fights can take from 5 minutes to 30. You have a 50 minute time limit but generally if you are taking over 30 minutes on any monster (assuming village) then you're likely underequipped.

Playing with a group of 4, generally the fights are really short because stun locks and status effects are more potent with a group.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It's pre-alpha, the games barely working at the point in the video.
    Then why release a demo at all? Do it right the first time IMO.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Maybe I am not seeing it correctly, but my thoughts was that I liked the graphic style in the "Announcement trailer" More than in the pre-alpha fight footage (that looked more "realistic")

Basically yes. Gear has nothing to do with raw stats (as in higher gear = more stats = stronger character) but the armor works on ability points that reached certain thresholds will give you bonuses or maluses - you can work mixing pieces so you get the bonuses you want without the malus.

So while high level gear is definitely stronger than low level, still there's not much of a "BiS" set since it changes depending on what weapon you choose to use and the monster you're going to fight. Think of old WoW elemental resistance sets as a very shallow comparison.

Going on weapons, basically any weapon is viable. What changes is teh moveset and playstyle completely. So it's completely up to you what to choose and to master given its pro and cons. Generally hard hitting big weapons are slower, smaller ones are faster - think about dark souls combat for a good comparison.

There are no item drops. Everything is crafted from monster reagents - both armor and weapons. Also every weapon has a big ass "tree" where you can choose which branch to pursue to get that specific item.

Last, every monster can be done solo - that's where the challenge lies. Due to how Monsters are deisgned (again think about Dark Souls) playing in 4 makes fights terribly easier since basically apart some aoe attacks monsters basically focus on a single opponent at time, hence if your'e targeted you can focus on avoiding stuff while other people nuke it. As other said this lets plenty of room to inflict bad statuses (since they're based on chaining attacks) which in solo you usually don't have time or possibility to do.

All in all, MH is on of the best games hand down i have ever played. Game structure is very simple; however the depth in character customization and combat against big monsters is extremely satisfactory.

Deleted
    I'm excited for day 27 of Jan.
    On this day there will be tons of gameplay videos on youtube because on PAX South Dauntless will be available to the public in an exclusive hands-on demo.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-01-17 at 07:53 PM.

Well i got chosen in the voluntary translation team for italian, which makes me pretty happy. Localization is a great way to make the game more popular given how many games actually don't know a word of English.

Then i hope for good management of chat channels otherwise we will be spammed in multiple languages for no reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well i got chosen in the voluntary translation team for italian, which makes me pretty happy. Localization is a great way to make the game more popular given how many games actually don't know a word of English.

Then i hope for good management of chat channels otherwise we will be spammed in multiple languages for no reason.
    That is awesome man. Does that mean you will have early access to the game?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-01-18 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Looks interesting and I always wanted to get into a MH or MH style game.

Just never bought MHG for my 3DS since I missed the recent sell and I only played MH3 for like 5mins. It will be f2p so u can't beat that.

Would love for the MH Ps4 game to come to the west and not be p2p.

(Hope this comes to Ps4 since I rather play it there)
    It ain't monhun but you can grab God Eater for £20 nowadays and its two games, a psp game and its sequel that is basically monster hunter with a setting and tone more like shin megami tensei.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    That is awesome man. Does that mean you will have early access to the game?
    Don't think so. I also don't think i can share new stuff coming out until notice - currently it's just the website strings, so literally zero news.

Deleted
    2 new gameplays from Alpha footage.
    Looking good for a Alpha, it looks so much like Monster Hunter

This game is really convincing so far. Classic MH gameplay in a more "open-worldly" setting, nice graphics and art style.

Definitely looking substantially better already.

Really hope they don't forget to put in sheathing / running, cause watching those people hobble across large distances was painful.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the issues with genre defining games like Monster Hunter or Dark Souls, is that people copy them but their genres are such that you only need one or two good ones to really enjoy.

Having a Monster Hunter game with AAA console production values is great, but honestly the gameplay just didn't impress me at all. The animations, the music, all of it just felt so lifeless. If this game is super early in dev then that's fine but I just wouldn't show it off until it is actually impressive and it is currently not at that state. If it stays like this, then I don't know why anyone would choose to play this when they could just keep hunting in the latest Monster Hunter game.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    If it stays like this, then I don't know why anyone would choose to play this when they could just keep hunting in the latest Monster Hunter game.
    Basically because it's the only "MH game" on PC. I have multiple friends playing MH with me and we play online, but the DS is kinda limiting and not everyone has or is willing to buy a Nintendo console.

Sure, i agree that the game still needs lots of work to make it really remarkable, and i think a 2017 release is out of question until they have everything already prepared and just releasing teasers. Anyway, the concept is solid - we need to know more about the crafting and the whole system; they can do combat right but the game also needs a robust progression through crafts and missions.

https://playdauntless.com/founders-packs/

They got founders packs out now, anyone get one? Was thinking of getting one.

So I heard awhile back that the game will have a paided membership where it makes finding mats/loot faster then if u don't pay.

If this is the case I will 100% avoid this game, It may be a PVE game but the drop rates will be effected by said membership.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD