Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Hardware nor hard drive space would be an issue though.
    Ubisoft (or EA) is not going to make a $60 title + DLC in hopes you will buy it and spend another $30 on a Micro SD card to play it...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ubisoft (or EA) is not going to make a $60 title + DLC in hopes you will buy it and spend another $30 on a Micro SD card to play it...
    Never said they would did I? You are saying hardware and the HD space made it an impossibility. You said they can't, not that they wouldnt do to cost factors. You are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    We may just have to accept that the Switch is going to turn into nintendos handheld. Its going to get 360 quality games and all of Nintendo's IP and usual games all on one platform. I mean, either way the prospects for it look much better than the WiiU tbh. I was just hoping it could be the perfect system like they are trying to claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Still, you have to wonder how powerful they could have made it if they didn't reinvent tech for the Joycons, had them built into the controller etc. Probably a console taking swings at the Xbox one for still a 299 price. Battery would have been abysmal though. I do think that the Switch could be the future though. I hope that all next gen consoles after this generation do something similar. Im done with being tied to my tv.
    I like the system I think its quite cool.

Just a bunch of odd choices Nintendo made with it and that makes it feel rushed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Lets make an assumption. Let us say that the Switch is twice as powerful as a WiiU, and half as powerful as an Xbox one. Somewhere in the 600 gigaflop range. The fact that Watch dogs ran on the WiiU means that perhaps watch dogs 2 could run on the switch at very anemic settings. I know Jtbrig says that modern games like BF1 couldn't run on it, and perhaps they are right, but at least a good portion of third party games could run on it if devs actually wanted to make them run on it. I guarantee you Dice would at least try and see if they could do BF1 on Swtich if it had a 40m install base right now.

And also about the Borderlands 3 not being on switch thing. Are we taking that as its not powerful enough, or as Nintendo are dumb and wont work with gearbox?
    they probably just dont think it will sell well
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Never said they would did I? You are saying hardware and the HD space made it an impossibility. You said they can't, not that they wouldnt do to cost factors. You are wrong.
    Hardware and HD space is WHY they won't do it. Its also a unproven system, why do you think Ubisoft is releasing Rayman for it and not some other titles.

Because if the system flops it didn't cost them a fuck ton of cash.

Battlefield 4 came out in 2013 and eats up over 80gig's (after dlc/updates) of space on the Ps4. If you really think something like that can be compressed down to The switch and be worth playing I don't know what to tell you.

Still, you have to wonder how powerful they could have made it if they didn't reinvent tech for the Joycons, had them built into the controller etc. Probably a console taking swings at the Xbox one for still a 299 price. Battery would have been abysmal though. I do think that the Switch could be the future though. I hope that all next gen consoles after this generation do something similar. Im done with being tied to my tv.
    Until some major breakthrough is made in mobile tech, this isn't the future of anything.

The Xbox One was literally 3 year old budget hardware when it was made, and it's out classing the Switch by A LOT(no facts, but obvious is obvious). It's not like the switch could be that much more powerful then it is either. Everything when running undocked has to use about 10w or less, that's a serious constraint on possible hardware not to mention the form factor and heat issues.

There is only so much juice you can get out of mobile chips vs the APUs in Xbox One/PS4 let alone real PCs. That's not going to change any time soon.

Hardware and HD space is WHY they won't do it. Its also a unproven system, why do you think Ubisoft is releasing Rayman for it and not some other titles.

Because if the system flops it didn't cost them a fuck ton of cash.
    You ignored the part where I said that I never said they would. You said they cant due to hardware and space. You are incorrect on both fronts. They could easily make BF1 run on the switch. Will they? Nope. Would they spend the money? Nope.

That wasn't the issue though. You flat out said they couldn't. You. Are. Wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Until some major breakthrough is made in mobile tech, this isn't the future of anything.

The Xbox One was literally 3 year old budget hardware when it was made, and it's out classing the Switch by A LOT(no facts, but obvious is obvious). It's not like the switch could be that much more powerful then it is either. Everything when running undocked has to use about 10w or less, that's a serious constraint on possible hardware not to mention the form factor and heat issues.

There is only so much juice you can get out of mobile chips vs the APUs in Xbox One/PS4 let alone real PCs. That's not going to change any time soon.
    Of course The XB1 or PS4 is going to outclass a handheld.

The dock is not part of the system.
    If you know how HDDs work you should be able to put 2 and 2 together to make 4. This isn't rocket science.
    This is not a damn Wii U with the actual set top box part streaming shit to the tablet. The tablet is the console. The dock is literally a charger and HDMI out. It's not connected to the system's motherboard, it can't stream data to the system.
    Please. Stop. Listen. Think.
    I said they could have included an eSATA port on the Switch—how is that hard to comprehend? There is a power and HDMI-out already on the Switch to connect to the dock as you have admitted. The dock could easily have a SATA pass-through for a 2.5" HDD/SSD. It doesn't have to be "part of the system"—eSATA with hot-swap has been on PC motherboards for many years now.

You ignored the part where I said that I never said they would. You said they cant due to hardware and space. You are incorrect on both fronts. They could easily make BF1 run on the switch. Will they? Nope. Would they spend the money? Nope.

That wasn't the issue though. You flat out said they couldn't. You. Are. Wrong.
    Show me a mobile system running Battlefield 1 (current frost bite tech). I am saying NO it can't be done the engine alone is too demanding to work.

They could easily make BF1 run on the switch.
    Ummm. No.

BF1 is a cpu bound game, which is why even the PS4 pro doesn't give it a big res boost like it does some games(and why it's one of the few PS4 games running sub 1080p). Meanwhile you can actually run it on a shit GPU like a 750 as long as you have a beefy CPU.

The CPUs in the XB1 and PS4 are waaaaaaaay more fucking efficient then anything the switch could hope to have on it's APU. The game would probably be running at 240p if they even tried. Overstatement of the year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I said they could have included an eSATA port on the Switch—how is that hard to comprehend? There is a power and HDMI-out already on the Switch to connect to the dock as you have admitted. The dock could easily have a SATA pass-through for a 2.5" HDD/SSD. It doesn't have to be "part of the system"—eSATA with hot-swap has been on PC motherboards for many years now.
    Oh yea and then how the fuck are you going to get data from that HDD when it's undocked?

Holy shit, I can't believe 2 pages later you're still trying to argue this nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account

The tegra x2 could have made it close in power to the xbox one. System probably would have been 399 at that point though.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Why in the world would they? It would be a waste. It doesn't make sense to do so. They already have means for storage.

The tegra x2 could have made it close in power to the xbox one. System probably would have been 399 at that point though.
    A tegra x2 is still not going to come close to an Xbox One in real world settings. Never take max clock speeds and performance on mobile hardware serious. Ever.

Show me a mobile system running Battlefield 1 (current frost bite tech). I am saying NO it can't be done the engine alone is too demanding to work.
    I guess you work at EA / Dice? You know the engine front and back amirite? I guess you work at Nintendo as well? Man you are like the James Bond of the gaming industry. Im envious.

Oh yea and then how the fuck are you going to get data from that HDD when it's undocked?

Holy shit, I can't believe 2 pages later you're still trying to argue this nonsense.
    I mean, of course you wouldn't, but they could allow you to transfer files from the HDD to an internal storage and back, so if you wanted to take a game on the go specifically, just swap around the files in storage and there ya go.

That being said, it still takes time to transfer the files, and it's a lot more work than just saving to a microSD.

i find it more likely it have the same hardware but lower price.

an xbox one level handheld would have even worse battery life. at that point why even make it a handheld
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Ummm. No.

BF1 is a cpu bound game, which is why even the PS4 pro doesn't give it a big res boost like it does some games(and why it's one of the few PS4 games running sub 1080p). Meanwhile you can actually run it on a shit GPU like a 750 as long as you have a beefy CPU.

The CPUs in the XB1 and PS4 are waaaaaaaay more fucking efficient then anything the switch could hope to have on it's APU. The game would probably be running at 240p if they even tried. Overstatement of the year.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said it would look good. I said they could do it. Id bet my check against your check that they could. You are acting like its an impossiblity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, of course you wouldn't, but they could allow you to transfer files from the HDD to an internal storage and back, so if you wanted to take a game on the go specifically, just swap around the files in storage and there ya go.

That being said, it still takes time to transfer the files, and it's a lot more work than just saving to a microSD.
    This. I just don't get why anyone would want extra hassle when a more than efficient means of storage is already there. Its like Overclocking your PC to play WoW lol. U wot m8?

I guess you work at EA / Dice? You know the engine front and back amirite? I guess you work at Nintendo as well? Man you are like the James Bond of the gaming industry. Im envious.
    Tech has done explained it to you even if you wish to ignore it. Its not happening.

The Ps4 ran it at 900p and it took the Ps4 Pro update to get native 1080p (in 1080p mode) and 1440p-1660p with checkerboard in 4k mode. Its not hard to understand BF1 is a heavy CPU demanding game (Frost Bite is a CPU demanding game engine)

The Switch does not have the CPU able to do it.

What are you going to make the map 10x10 and 1v1?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also the WiiU had a very solid launch lineup imo. Shame no one knew what it was.