Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Why in the world would you ever EVER want to get a larger HDD in terms of the size not capacity. The SD cards are tiny as hell and work perfectly.
    In one breath you say that it would add cost to the system and the other breath you are talking about getting a HDD. You make no damned sense.
    Is everyone just a parrot now? I don't know how many times over the last week i've heard "adds costs" to the system. Its like you all read the same damned article. Extra controllers , storage, charging stations, etc HAVE always added cost to the system. Going back to the NES days and buying the pad or the power glove added costs. Kids now a days act like console developers are doing bodily harm to them by offering them.
    Because micro-SD cards are slow and expensive. Their read/write speeds are barely better than a standard HDD. (80-90mb/sec) Whereas your standard SSD reads at 500mb/sec+
    Yes, cost is a concern, but an empty expansion slot on the dock doesn't add much cost when its just a cheap SATA interface. It would be an *option*. Options are good. And Nintendo has a long history of including barely-used expansion slots on their consoles

MicroSD is also tiny and easy to lose. I wouldn't want to swap them out regularly, and I can't imagine asking some kid to handle them. The SD-card size for DS games is small enough.

I never said it would look good. I said they could do it. Id bet my check against your check that they could. You are acting like its an impossiblity.
    When you say that hardware can run a game, the implication is that the hardware can run some version of the game that actually resembles the game. To then absurdly reduce your argument to saying "Well, it could run the game if it looked like this:"

Is a bit ridiculous. Like, what is the point? That you can't possibly be wrong because any game can be run on any system at some level?

I guess I'm missing the point once the argument gets demeaned to this level.. If the game has to be translated to black and white 2d sprites to run on hardware, I'm going to vote with the other guys and say "It can't run the game."

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Also the WiiU had a very solid launch lineup imo. Shame no one knew what it was.
    The Wii U and Gamecube had the best launch lineups of any Nintendo systems, funny how that worked out.

Didn't help the Wii U that post launch it had one of the worst droughts in gaming history. Between launch and Pikmin 3(which came out that summer) I think the only games to release on it where Game & Wario and MH3U.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Because micro-SD cards are slow and expensive. Their read/write speeds are barely better than a standard HDD. (80-90mb/sec) Whereas your standard SSD reads at 500mb/sec+
    Yes, cost is a concern, but an empty expansion slot on the dock doesn't add much cost when its just a cheap SATA interface. It would be an *option*. Options are good. And Nintendo has a long history of including barely-used expansion slots on their consoles

MicroSD is also tiny and easy to lose. I wouldn't want to swap them out regularly, and I can't imagine asking some kid to handle them. The SD-card size for DS games is small enough.
    The switch is a handheld. It doesn't need top of the line read / write speeds. Added in a HDD / SSD slot would have created more cost. Zelda is probably one of their bigger games and its at what, 13gigs? You could probably buy a 128gb / 256 gb and be more than okay storage wise. You are saying they are expensive, but you would pay the same for the HDD or SSD + have to deal with transferring data.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Oh yea and then how the fuck are you going to get data from that HDD when it's undocked?
    Holy shit, I can't believe 2 pages later you're still trying to argue this nonsense.
    You wouldn't. Its extended storage intended for using at home. You could make a nifty little "switch" utility that allowed you to migrate games back and forth between the internal and dock-based storage, that way you wouldn't have to monkey around with swapping memory cards. It's the entire purpose of the dock in the first place—a simple, easy way to plug in the system and do video out rather than monkeying around with cables. It would just be a logical extension of that purpose.

The costs are very small when buying in bulk. SATA connector on digikey has a listed cost of 35 cents when buying 19k. Nintendo probably would order a lot more than that even, meaning your cost is even less.
    http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...9TR-ND/2421220
    Last edited by stellvia; 2017-01-18 at 08:44 PM.

The switch is a handheld.
    You keep saying this like it's something factual... has Nintendo stated that they're aware it's a handheld yet?

Obviously spec-wise it should be... but if tomorrow they release a statement saying it's a console and the handheld is forthcoming...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, im just really conflicted. Im going through the 5 stages of grief for the Switch and im nearing acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
    When you say that hardware can run a game, the implication is that the hardware can run some version of the game that actually resembles the game. To then absurdly reduce your argument to saying "Well, it could run the game if it looked like this:"

Is a bit ridiculous. Like, what is the point? That you can't possibly be wrong because any game can be run on any system at some level?

I guess I'm missing the point once the argument gets demeaned to this level.. If the game has to be translated to black and white 2d sprites to run on hardware, I'm going to vote with the other guys and say "It can't run the game."
    Games get dumbed down all the time. BF1 got dumbed down for the PS4 / XB1 compared to PC. Dumbing down happens in almost every title where its on all 3 majors.

Games get dumbed down all the time. BF1 got dumbed down for the PS4 / XB1 compared to PC. Dumbing down happens in almost every title where its on all 3 majors.
    Again, if the game has to be 'dumbed down' to stick figures in order to run, saying that the hardware 'runs the game' is laughable. At that level of argument the Ti-83 can run BF1.

I'm all in for the Switch, even if it's just for SMO and Zelda.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    You wouldn't.
    There you have it folks.

Person complaining that something that is useless to the core feature of this system should be included with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Dumbed down to the "high" preset settings.

You can actually run BF1 on PC at lower settings then it runs at on PS4/XB1.

The problem is the Switch has a weak mobile CPU and it's a CPU heavy game that runs at 60 fps in large open levels with 64 players. Not about dumbing it down, just about reality.

BF1 got dumbed down for the PS4 / XB1 compared to PC.
    At this point people just need to ignore you because its clear you don't have a fucken clue what you are talking about.

Ps4 (OG system not Pro) ran BF1 at 900p and its graphics was equal to a PC running a mix of medium and high. How is that duming down again? The Switch CAN NOT run BF1. That is the bottom line, Its clear you don't know shit about The Switch,Ps4,BF1,PC's or Frost Bite.

Seriously are you going to run it at 200p 1v1 on a 10x10 map?
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-18 at 08:34 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    At this point people just need to ignore you because its clear you don't have a fucken clue what you are talking about.

Ps4 (OG system not Pro) ran BF1 at 900p and its graphics was equal to a PC running a mix of medium and high. How is that duming down again? The Switch CAN NOT run BF1. That is the bottom line, Its clear you don't know shit about The Switch,Ps4,BF1,PC's or Frost Bite.

Seriously are you going to run it at 200p 1v1 on a 10x10 map?
    Please, enlighten me on your frostbite knowledge. You don't know shit about it lol. You don't know what it has or doesn't have in terms of limits. Battlefield 4 was built in the frost bite engine. Guess what? It ran on the PS3 which isn't as strong as the Nintendo Switch. In fact...

http://nintendotoday.com/ea-on-frostbite-3-wii-u/

That article alone says that Frostbite 3 could work on the Wii U which is weaker than the Switch by a good bit.

--snip--
    Thanks for showing you don't know what your talking about. The fact you provided that link and think Frostbite 3 back then is the current version is just amazing.

Here let me give you a idea on why it will NOT run on there.

This is xenoblade chronicles 3ds (On the new 3DS) compared to the Wii version.

Look at the massive cut backs they had to do to make it work. Battlefield 1 is a highly CPU demanding game even more so when Xenblade was to the Wii/"New"3DS.

To get it to run on The Switch the game would have to be 200p 1v1 in a 10x10 space. At that point its not longer a Battlefield game its a battlefeet game.

I'm not the smartest person in the world and will never claim as such. But it is clear as fuck you have no knowledge in hardware or software of anything.

Also to compare
    Wii Hardware spec
    512 MB built-in NAND flash memory.
    Expanded storage via SD and SDHC card memory (up to 32 GB)
    Nintendo GameCube memory card (required for GameCube game saves)
    Slot-loading disc drive, compatible with 8 cm Nintendo GameCube Game Disc and 12 cm Wii Optical Disc.
    Mask ROM by Macronix.
    New 3DS Hardware Spec
    Nintendo 3DS specs
    ARM11 CPU: 2x MPCore/2x VFPv2 Co-Processor at 268MHz. Doubling to 4x MPCore/4x VFPv2 Co-Processor for new 3DS with 804MHz max clock.
    ARM9 CPU: ARM946 at 134MHz.
    GPU: DMP PICA at 268MHz.
    VRAM: 6MB, 10MB for new 3DS.
    DSP: CEVA TeakLite at 134Mhz. ...
    System memory: 128MB, 256MB for New 3DS.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-18 at 08:46 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Thanks for showing you don't know what your talking about. The fact you provided that link and think Frostbite 3 back then is the current version is just amazing.
    I never said it was the current version did I? You are the master of assumptions. Just so you know. Battlefield 1 runs Frostbite 3. In fact, there isn't a game out that uses anything above 3, or just "Frostebite" now. Even Mass Effect : Andromeda will be in the Frostbite 3 engine.

Like I said. Remedial.

I never said it was the current version did I? You are the master of assumptions. Just so you know. Battlefield 1 runs Frostbite 3.

Like I said. Remedial.
    Battlefield 1 does not run on Frostbite 3. DICE stopped naming versions of it a long ass time ago. Like before hardline came out.

Also lets talk about that PS3 version of BF4.

30 FPS(60 on PS4)
    32 players max(64 on PS4)

It was a great compromise on the last gen versions when it came out. Literally half of the players in matches, and half the frame rate. I'm not one to be an fps whore but if you want a fps running at 30 fps go right ahead and play it. Meanwhile I'll puke less playing it in 60.

Oh and lets also point out the PS3 and 360 also have stronger CPUs then the one in the switch. Hell, the cell is arguably better then anything in PS4/One albiet hard to compare and a bitch to code for.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-18 at 08:48 PM.

Here let me give you a idea on why it will NOT run on there.

This is xenoblade chronicles 3ds (On the new 3DS) compared to the Wii version.

Look at the massive cut backs they had to do to make it work. Battlefield 1 is a highly CPU demanding game even more so when Xenblade was to the Wii/"New"3DS.

To get it to run on The Switch the game would have to be 200p 1v1 in a 10x10 space. At that point its not longer a Battlefield game its a battlefeet game.

I'm not the smartest person in the world and will never claim as such. But it is clear as fuck you have no knowledge in hardware or software of anything.

Also to compare
    Wii Hardware spec

New 3DS Hardware Spec
    What does the Wii or the 3DS have to do with fuck all of anything? I posted an article, quoting EA saying that frostbite 3 games COULD WORK on the Wii U , which is weaker than the Switch. of course it wouldn't be cost effective for them to do it, but they said THAT THEY WOULD WORK. THAT THEY ARE COMPATIBLE.

What does the Wii or the 3DS have to do with fuck all of anything?
    Comes to a forum site and doesn't read....amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Battlefield 1 does not run on Frostbite 3. DICE stopped naming versions of it a long ass time ago. Like before hardline came out.

Also lets talk about that PS3 version of BF4.

30 FPS(60 on PS4)
    32 players max(64 on PS4)

It was a great compromise on the last gen versions when it came out. Literally half of the players in matches, and half the frame rate. I'm not one to be an fps whore but if you want a fps running at 30 fps go right ahead and play it. Meanwhile I'll puke less playing it in 60.
    "New games using the Frostbite 3 engine are Dragon Age: Inquisition, Rory McIlroy PGA Tour (2015), Need for Speed (2015), Star Wars Battlefront (2015), Battlefield Hardline (2015) Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (2016), Mirror's Edge Catalyst (2016), Battlefield 1 (2016), FIFA 17 (2016), and Mass Effect: Andromeda (2017)."

Say wot m8?

- - - Updated - - -

Comes to a forum site and doesn't read....amazing.
    I read just fine. You are bringing up shit that is 10 + years old like its the only thing in your bag of tricks. DUR, PS2 COULDNT STREAM NETFLIX, DUR!

I read just fine. You are bringing up shit that is 10 + years old liek its the only thing in your bag of tricks.
    Didn't know the "New" 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles 3ds came out 10 years ago....

Incase you didn't understand I was showing you what it took to scale a simple demanding game down.

Battlefield 1 CAN NOT run on The Switch unless its scaled down to such a point its not battlefield anymore.

Zelda Breath of the Wild already suffers from popin. What the fuck do you think will happen to a system that weak in power trying to do a 32v32 multiplayer match on a map where almost everything can be destoryed.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-18 at 08:53 PM.

"New games using the Frostbite 3 engine are Dragon Age: Inquisition, Rory McIlroy PGA Tour (2015), Need for Speed (2015), Star Wars Battlefront (2015), Battlefield Hardline (2015) Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (2016), Mirror's Edge Catalyst (2016), Battlefield 1 (2016), FIFA 17 (2016), and Mass Effect: Andromeda (2017)."

Say wot m8?
    Yea so wiki takes it EA/DICE stopped working on the engine since stopping version names Great sauce guy, you're clearly in the know of what you're talking about. Clearly DICE has done nothing to the engine since 2013 and BF1 looks like BF4... Oh wait.

I guess you think GTAIV and RDR2 run on the same exact engine since their wiki pages both say "RAGE" for engine right?

So tell me why FIFA is getting a port of the 360/PS3 versions and not the XB1/PS4/PC versions(which run on frostbite) seeing as frostbite is supposedly so easy to port to the switch?
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-18 at 08:55 PM.