Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Anyone else NOT bother with WQ's?

Apart from the World Boss.

I don't see any reason to continue doing them whatsoever. Sometimes it's better to log out and do something else than find things to do just for the sake of it in order to fill your time with WoW.

Do you think I'm going to keep doing them in the hope of titan forged loot (to blizzard)? Well, no, I won't.

Stop WQ's and see how much it affects you. Guess what? It won't.

for context: I'm at 42 artifact, 884 ilevel and beginning NH heroic tonight with my guild (wahoo!)
    Last edited by mmocfd1337a77d; 2017-01-18 at 07:21 PM.

I've lost the will to do them a few weeks ago. I've been waiting and hoping the release of NH would have increased the ilvl of gear, but so far no... Pretty disappointed if it doesn't happen.

ilevel 865ish, AK 22 (maybe 23 by now, haven't been subbed for a few days), artifact something like 30, with all 3 other specs in the teens. I did them here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hallilad View Post

for context: I'm at 42 artifact, 884 ilevel and beginning NH heroic tonight with my guild (wahoo!)
    Well yeah, for you they aren't going to be necessary. Hell, for me (at 35 traits, 864ilevel) they really aren't. I do the emissary quests just for the slim chance at a legendary but I have 2 of those, so, eh.

It's an issue with them once someone hits 35 or so (depending on how serious they are about the post-35 trait levels) since the benefit from AP declines a lot on an effort/AP basis and once you have all your class hall upgrades etc and AK done, order hall resources are worthless.

Honestly, it's one reason I leveled an alt - the lock (my main) really only runs some instances, world boss for the 39g... er, chance at loot... and some LFR or, if the guild needs a DPS, N or H EN/ToV.

Deleted
    Why does it have to be about gains/loss ratio?
    I do my 4 emissary quests because.. well, they're kinda fun and there's lots of variation. I'm sure I could stop doing them and it wouldn't affect the universe very much.. but the 3-4 daily WQ's are fun.

Unless I see a one that rewards gear I need, I don't bother with them.

WQs are very boring, most of them are the worst quests In WoW(seeing how the devs claimed they made thousands of them, makes sense they are terrible). I don't raid, so I don't need to worry about AP, I can afford to not do WQs.

I don't see any reason to continue doing them whatsoever. Sometimes it's better to log out and do something else than find things to do just for the sake of it in order to fill your time with WoW.

Do you think I'm going to keep doing them in the hope of titan forged loot? Well, no, I won't.

I wouldn't stop all of them.

I run at minimum at least the AP granting WQs every day. You can do all of them in less than an hour.

As someone who disenchants just for gold, I also try and complete all the purple gear WQ. Makes for a few thousand gold a day.

I've gotten to the point where I ignore gold and resource WQs though.

I just hit rank 51, I suspect by rank 54 I won't do AP WQ again till they open new traits (since as of last patch they stopped allowing people to stockpile AP in their 54 trait weapon). No I don't do offspec.

I still try to do all the blue WG's on my main if the rewards are worth it (AP, Order Resources etc). On my alts I try to do as much as possible, with gear quests being a priority.

I have picked up 6 legendary drops from caches so I keep doing them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly only do the WQ's if PvP, AP or some armor I don't have the mog off.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I have picked up 6 legendary drops from caches so I keep doing them.
    I won the lottery so the lottery is a good investment

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I wouldn't stop all of them.

I run at minimum at least the AP granting WQs every day. You can do all of them in less than an hour.

As someone who disenchants just for gold, I also try and complete all the purple gear WQ. Makes for a few thousand gold a day.

I've gotten to the point where I ignore gold and resource WQs though.

I just hit rank 51, I suspect by rank 54 I won't do AP WQ again till they open new traits (since as of last patch they stopped allowing people to stockpile AP in their 54 trait weapon). No I don't do offspec.
    You can still stockpile the tokens, not exactly a great solution and depending on how much space you have it might only get 1 level but I guess if you save your big items like the guldan skull and worldboss tokens it should be pretty rewarding.

If you require nothing from them, as in your income of any reward they offer is greater form another source or not required at all then there is nothing wrong with not doing them.
    That just isn't I suspect most players.
    It isn't me, and so I will continue to do them for the foreseeable future.

I personally think that if you are doing them for titanforged rewards only, then you are doing it wrong.
    There is other content far more likely to reward something you want there.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-01-18 at 08:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I still do them, there are still many I've not done before or often.

Having only been doing 4 or 5 a day - means the variety as intended is still there for me.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do them occasionally. But I refuse to be up their ass to the point of burning myself out on them. I can go weeks without doing one then one day I may be in the mood and just do like 10 of them.

Do you think I'm going to keep doing them in the hope of titan forged loot (to blizzard)? Well, no, I won't.

This seems less like a question of whether other people do them, and an attempt to get people to stop doing them as a waste of time :-P

Regardless, I don't do them every day, but do usually take a day or so each week to do every one. I enjoy them on occasion, and it usually gets me a decent bit of AP, gold, etc.

Outside of that, I just do the emissaries and whatever AP quests I happen to feel like doing.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I actually find WQ quite enjoyable, even if I don't need them. So, occasionally, if I feel like it, I'll do some on whatever character that I'm on.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

The only WQs that are actually worth doing when you are above 850ilvl are the Blood of Sargeras Artifact Power and Order Resources ones. You just need to find the energy to do them. Thank god for add-ons though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bags View Post
    I won the lottery so the lottery is a good investment
    Not even close. However for you it would have been, more so if you won multiple times. Good news if you don't want to do something in the game you don't have to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    The only WQs that are actually worth doing when you are above 850ilvl are the Blood of Sargeras Artifact Power and Order Resources ones. You just need to find the energy to do them. Thank god for add-ons though.
    Order resources become excessive and as a result worthless rather quickly.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Pretty much stopped doing them a long time ago when i reached Exalted with everyone, only recently did I start doing them again but only to finish the last couple points on my weapon to reach 35th point. Since then I haven't bothered with them on my main except for the weekly boss or if a PVP showed up with a few honor tokens. Same for Mythic dungeons, if a interesting WQ didnt send me in there or a random quest I haven't bothered with those either.

Pretty much haven't done them on my Alt except to get enough resources to open the last order hall trait 2 wear to legendaries. Since it hit AK 25 I only do the Pvp tokens or if I high Ap token appears, otherwise it doesn't bother with them either.