Poll: Do you think subs in Legion are going up or down?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wod=legion. The same garbage shit. We need old developers but they are working on overwatch/hs currently.

Next expansion will be shitty becasue Ion&the rest of diablo team gonna work as intended.

Content isnt the most important. If gameplay sucks content cant be nice. CANT
    The "diablo" team have to understand this. If not......
    Last edited by HordeFanboy; 2017-01-17 at 12:41 PM.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Legion is already declining unfortunatley due to a lack of interest in the expansion as a whole. DH was the selling point and aside from flying in 7.2 a majority of casuals are just "done" with WoW.

Its no longer a game people dedicate themselves to with a subliminal fear that leaving will mean leaving friends behind.

Because most of their 'friends' have already left.

Those that stay at this point are the die hard elitists, the desperate raiders that still love the raiding of the past and those that cling to an archaic system that is rapidly declining in popularity by the fucking 'day' nevermind year.

The old MMO is a thing of the past, and Legion prooves you 'cant' revive it no matter how many times you try.

This should really be a warning to developers of MMO's in the future that it is time to move onto a new GENRE of MMO or a completley new formula of gameplay that completley takes away from the grind/gear farm level progression system of yesterday that has become obsolete in todays progression.

Heres the thing:

Naysaying aside, the reason WoW is failing is because the relevence of things that meant something then are no longer relevent now.

It meant something, when you got to level 60 for the first time in Vanillia, and every level gave you a meaningful step above the last, you felt stronger, you could do more, you could reach things you could not reach before, like content, gear, gameplay progression.

The end game, was relevent then, because raiding was new, the idea of raiding wasnt, but raiding in the formula wow made it was very much a new thing, with a new style, and at the time, it was very different to the raiding of today.

Because it took genuine effort to even get a group together, attain the progression needed to 'reach' the raid and 'do' the raid, meaning only so many people even 'got' to raid in the end because they put the most effort into it.

PvP meant something back in Vanillia to Wrath because PvP progression was genuinley tied to honor, arena fights in TBC onwards and alot of title earning and dickwaving and pointscoring, it meant something to have 1 point of resilience higher than everyone else (I hated it but still it was necessary).

Progression, is about meaningful progress.

Legion, has completley annuled that progression, the value of flying mounts that let us reach higher places we literally could 'not' access without them has become meaningless because we -cant- fly in Legion until 7.2

We cant feel any sense of progression gear wise because every piece of gear is RNG based 'every' progression you make is RNG based, with no fixed way to work towards a linear form of advancement.

That is what has screwed WoW over time, the gradual decline in absoleute progression, meaningful progression, feeling like everything meant something.

Now, nothing means 'anything' because the raids, meaningless, next expansion, you wont even care what happened or what happens.

That sense of life has been sapped from the game like a spongue, and its dryer than ever.

It will, inevitably die, but Legion is the last real death cry of WoW, its not the heroic comeback it wanted. It, like Varian, is making its last valiant stand against a changing world that no longer needs it.

Like a badass samurai against a gattling gun, Legion goes out with one final warcry charging at an unwinnable opponent, before finally plumeting to its death. It tries to take out one or two enemies along the way, but it just cant manage it anymore.

Its done, spent, reflecting its days of great honor and home, and the greatness it once had.

As its life fades away, it smiles one last time at the sun, and raises its sword high, saying it tried.

It failed, but it tried and thats all that matters, as WoW begins to fall into the memory of the past. It will not die, but its legacy, will fade, in time.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Those that stay at this point are the die hard elitists, the desperate raiders that still love the raiding of the past and those that cling to an archaic system that is rapidly declining in popularity by the fucking 'day' nevermind year.

The old MMO is a thing of the past, and Legion prooves you 'cant' revive it no matter how many times you try.
    Considering WoW is extremely catering to the casual player, and Legion is the farthest WoW has ever been from an actual MMO, I somewhat doubt your argument here...

Lost about 2/3 of my friends list. I still chat with quite a few of them as they are playing Overwatch.

My friends are mostly 3s Arena or RBG peeps. PvP is next-level sort of awful, in Legion. Of course, my evidence is highly anecdotal (should go without saying).

Im loving this expansion far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Why are people so concerned? Does this impact your life? Your decision to play the game or not? I'm really confused every time this sort of post is made. Omg Legion subs down WoW is dead!11one

Really though, we cannot know for sure nor should we care.

Every expac's sub numbers fluctuate multiple times throughout its course. A lot of people will be coming back (again) as early as tomorrow for Nighthold (For the US, I know)

Then when the FOTM players are inactive again after seeing LFR versions of the bosses they'll come right back for 7.2. And then again for Argus.
    Every expac? Nah son, that's short sighted.

People care because if this game dies, to replace it we are going to need a psychiatrist to fill the void.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Every expac? Nah son, that's short sighted.

People care because if this game dies, to replace it we are going to need a psychiatrist to fill the void.
    How is stating a fact short sighted lol. Subs are highest at launch+major content update and lowest during "droughts" :/

If this game ever dies I shall move onto another Blizzard title ;_; Like OW if it's still around years down the road.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    How is stating a fact short sighted lol. Subs are highest at launch+major content update and lowest during "droughts" :/

If this game ever dies I shall move onto another Blizzard title ;_; Like OW if it's still around years down the road.
    Only in recent years, we used to have that stable rise *tears forming*
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    Poll is missing the "idk/idc" option. Sub numbers really do not affect or interest me in the slightest.
    I agree. The OP, should've assumed that people that don't wish to read the thread or care about the threads contents or conversation would still, in fact enter the thread anyway to complain about being in thread they could have simply avoided but instead as if under some sort of demonic possession compelling beyond their will...here they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcleave View Post
    I agree. The OP, should've assumed that people that don't wish to read the thread or care about the threads contents or conversation would still, in fact enter the thread anyway to complain about being in thread they could have simply avoided but instead as if under some sort of demonic possession compelling beyond their will...here they are.
    The OP (me) provided this option, the mods deleted it (and reworded the remaining three options). Likely because of the wording.

All in all, I am not happy with the way the poll turned out, because as far as I can see at least half if not more of the people don't read the first post and assume that I am asking whether or not subs are going down *at the moment* (as in, in January). In reality, I was asking something else - whether Legion will win or lose subs during the entire expansion. I can see from the replies that a lot of people understood what I was asking, but a lot skipped right through to voting.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-01-18 at 12:56 PM.

Legion tanked faster than WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Only in recent years, we used to have that stable rise *tears forming*
    That stopped in like ...2009? Lol. I REMEMBER THE OLDEN DAYS.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Legion tanked faster than WoD
    It's also a lot less enjoyable than WoD was, at least during the first 6 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably shot up at launch then dropped back down to "normal" sustained numbers shortly thereafter. This game is never going to maintain more than like 6-7 million subs again. It's just not reasonable. I'd be shocked if it could. We are probably anywhere between 5 and 6 million right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im enjoying it, not sure why peeps are greeting over sub numbers already.

They need to spice up WQ rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Down. Not because it's bad, because it's pretty good right now, but simply because it has been going down for years and will continue to do so. It's old.

Strangely enough, this is just about the worst possible scenario.

If the game were venting subs because the expansion is bad, then that means a direction change in design has a running shot at bringing the game back to some sort of net gain in subs. And that would be something that Blizzard would probably feel is worth investing in.

But if the game is actually good, but continues to vent subs anyway, then Blizzard has by very little inspiration to fight the inevitable. And at some point they will decide that their development budget money is best spent on other games.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2017-01-19 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Subs are designed to go down and come back up again. That's why they have periscopes.
    This.

Subs will always go up and then inevitably go down. Then they'll go back up when new content comes out and then drop back down.

Doesn't bother me either way. I'm having fun and so is my raid team, my friends and people on my real ID

I don't know if the subs are up or down but ever since the pre-patch for legion has come out, I have been really bored with legion. I have not been consistently buying game time. They made a lot of classes that I used to really enjoy playing really boring.

To me it feels fairly stable.
    Of course there was the usual expansion-spike and then the lookydos taking off that always happens but it DEFINITELY feels more populous than it did at this same point in wod.

My issue is from what point are you figuring? If we're matching it to the release of BRF I'd say the same. If we're matching it to end of wod I'd say up. If we're matching it to MoP then probably still down some.