Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Yeah...the EN fights are combination of boss, adds, movement (1 exception) ToV fights are combination of movement, boss adds (1 exception) but NH should be different.....ohh wait..no
    Well NH bosses won't last 3 mins... That's the whole point of what i was saying... Did you even read ? X) So no S2M, and not so great logs.

Deleted
    Blood DKs hammered back into place as worst in days, meanwhile Frost DKs undocumented massive nerf is not even in the patch notes let alone get some buffs like every single other spec in the game.....there is a limit how much they can spit a class in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirax View Post
    Except that shadow priest isn't a class nor is discipline, they're both a spec for the priest class. The priest class is a hybrid since it can heal and dps. The only non-hybrid classes are mage, lock, rogue & hunter.
    No dude. It doesnt work like that, You can't Play Shadow and Disc at the same time. They are functionally different classes.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    Ahhh patch 7.1.5, the patch that made underperforming classes such as hunter/shamans now struggle to even make it into the top 1000 rankings on guarm as an example, and make broken classes even more op, let's hope this tuning fixes things but I have a suspicion based on the maths it will hardly scratch the surface

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    No dude. It doesnt work like that, You can't Play Shadow and Disc at the same time. They are functionally different classes.
    No they are not, when I am playing my druid main I am a hybrid because I can play all 4 specs and I actually play 3 of them on a daily basis.
    I can choose to jump into a raid or dungeon healing or tanking or dpsing on my boomy(my main spec is boomy).
    I have 35 traits in boomy, 34 in resto and 30 in guardian. I can do all specs which makes me a hybrid class.

You choosing not to play your other specs is not my problem, you have the choice to do so.

Hunters (my alt) don't have that choice, they have 3 dps specs and thats all they can do.
    Thats why they NEED to be in the top 5,6,7 because that is all they bring, there is no utility nothing.

Stop being dumb just for the sake of it.

Deleted
    Proberbly been mentioned, but thats not the latest DL Comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulika View Post
    Look at the performance of the various DPS specs since 7.1.5

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10/#
    Shadow was a good 10% higher than the second highest damage spec. They could cut a flat 15% off of Shadow and it would still be in the top 4 specs for DPS. These tweaks hit all the right classes. The top four, shadow, affliction, havoc and fire mage all got nerfed. The bottom four, enhancement and all the hunter specs all got buffed. These hotfixes hit specs that they needed to hit and buffed specs that needed to be buffed and even the degree of the buffs/nerfs seems appropriate.

The tank changes seem a bit off, from what I can see guilds are putting warrior and DK tanks lower down on their list of preferred tanks in this patch with druid, paladin and monk being higher up. Method's Sco gave a good breakdown at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY7g-1OnwL8

Blooddrinker was pretty strong though, in my, admittedly not fantastic ilvl 865 tank gear it was doing 1.2 million damage and healing for a single rune every 30 seconds. You can't do anything else while it is active as it's a channelled ability but it was pretty nice and I suspect even nerfed may still be worth using. The problem is that any burst healing ability has to compete with just mashing death strikes and with a 40% nerf it just heals less than spending the same time casting those so you have the strange situation where nerfing the damage probably means it will only be used for damage from now on. It did add a lot of damage though, it meant a rune you would use to do a 100k damage heart strike instead did a 1.2 million damage blooddrinker. Thats about a 40k dps increase vs single target. Fully raid buffed with better gear you are probably looking at an 80k dps increase. Even with the nerf it will still add about 50k dps to a well geared DK just from spamming it on cooldown and a tank ability that is worth spamming on cooldown just for the extra damage is probably a problem.
    You do realize that the supposed Fire "nerf" is just aoe, our ST is even higher than before the changes,just calms down our aoe, which is still a 16% buff from last week

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shangshang View Post
    Once they get numbers from Nighthold, I'm sure things will change. Just wait two weeks. Also, some classes scale well and others don't, so with gear I'm sure it's going to make things shift around. They may of balanced numbers based off what heroic Nighthold would put classes.
    They stated that on Twitter thats why Normal/Heroic roll out first, then they will do more balancing before the real raids,Mythic, start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pentru View Post
    KJ burning wish ftw. Juat got this 2 days it was decent but 55 % ?Rofl.
    That is only good on AOE and that 55% only comes out to a 3k dps increase per target and it also takes up one of your legendary spots, not good, at least for mages

Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    That is only good on AOE and that 55% only comes out to a 3k dps increase per target and it also takes up one of your legendary spots, not good, at least for mages
    You may want to double check the trinket sims, because a 940 Legendary Trinket is BIS for all 3 mage specs. One quick edit to this. I am saying if you have it at 940 it's BIS as a trinket compared to all other trinkets only. It could vary in how it actually ends up in the list of all the legendaries a spec could have. Like Fire for example when compared to all the other legendaries 4th but Arcane has it as it's top 1 or 2 for all encounter types and Frost has it top 3 on ST but lower on priority add damage though it's close to others. These are also sims done without the 55% buff so this could impact the closeness of it on other types of fights.
    Last edited by Xinder; 2017-01-17 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tezza93 View Post
    Ahhh patch 7.1.5, the patch that made underperforming classes such as hunter/shamans now struggle to even make it into the top 1000 rankings on guarm as an example, and make broken classes even more op, let's hope this tuning fixes things but I have a suspicion based on the maths it will hardly scratch the surface
    Elemental and resto shaman both ate very strong choice

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    No they are not, when I am playing my druid main I am a hybrid because I can play all 4 specs and I actually play 3 of them on a daily basis.
    I can choose to jump into a raid or dungeon healing or tanking or dpsing on my boomy(my main spec is boomy).
    I have 35 traits in boomy, 34 in resto and 30 in guardian. I can do all specs which makes me a hybrid class.

You choosing not to play your other specs is not my problem, you have the choice to do so.

Hunters (my alt) don't have that choice, they have 3 dps specs and thats all they can do.
    Thats why they NEED to be in the top 5,6,7 because that is all they bring, there is no utility nothing.

Stop being dumb just for the sake of it.
    I am sorry I was unaware you could change specs middle of a fight, or even pop some off heals these days. Quite being stupid just for the sake of it. Each spec is a seperate class now. You just get to switch between 2-4 classes per character. Non of the specs are hybrid at all these days. Not a single one, aside from disc, sorta.

You MUH HYBRID TAX people either didn't play in the early days, or haven't played since wrath or cata. Its been 3 expansions now that hybrid ability has existed in any really way, and 2 expansions since all cross spec ability has been rolled out of wow.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

I am sorry I was unaware you could change specs middle of a fight, or even pop some off heals these days. Quite being stupid just for the sake of it. Each spec is a seperate class now. You just get to switch between 2-4 classes per character. Non of the specs are hybrid at all these days. Not a single one, aside from disc, sorta.

You MUH HYBRID TAX people either didn't play in the early days, or haven't played since wrath or cata. Its been 3 expansions now that hybrid ability has existed in any really way, and 2 expansions since all cross spec ability has been rolled out of wow.
    They are not functionally different classes, lol. They are functionally different specs. There is only 12 classes (Mage, Priest, Warlock, DK, Paladin, Druid, Hunter, Warrior, Rogue, Shaman, Monk, DH) and each of those classes have 2-4 specs. Discipline is a spec for the Priest, Shadow is a spec for the Priest and Holy is a spec for the Priest. Spec is short for specialization thus when you open the window to change from Shadow/Disc/Shadow it says "Specialization" at the top of the window and not class as you want to call them. Here's something for you from Blizzard themselves - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/classes/priest. I wonder why it says Shadow/Disc/Holy are the specializations (specs) for the priest and not the 3 classes for the priest. Oh! That's because they're specs not classes.

Depending on the games you've played you could refer to Shadow/Disc/Holy as the priests sub classes but, in the end even the developers of the game call them specializations (specs) so I wonder who is right, you or the developers.

I just recently quit a month before Christmas, until then I had been playing since 1 month after the game came out. The pure damage classes haven't changed and the classes they've added to the original base class list have been nothing but hybrids. They're called hybrids because they can play more than 1 role in the trinity list (tank/damage/heal). If your class can do more than 1 of those roles it's a hybrid, point blank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawklobster View Post
    The pure dps vs hybrid argument is dead bud. Blizzard hasn't been using that philosophy for years. So either you're very uninformed or you're trying to be a troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if your complaint is justified I think you're going to have a hard time convincing anyone to feel sorry for the most bullshit ganking class in the game. I'm not saying that rouges should be destroyed but I kinda feel like that's what I'm saying
    pvp is last thing why i am playing wow, they with this patch just removed my whole gear progress and balance from start of expansion thats why i am pissed