Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    Except you said you support racial profiling.
    I support profiling of any group that endangers my freedom and well being. Be it neonazis, ultra hooligans, mafia dudes, or middle eastern immigrants. This is not about racism, it's about keeping an eye on people who pose a threat on society. The issue isn't black and white; racist or not racist. It's multi layered. People from a specific background with specific values that behave in a specific way ARE dangerous to our way of living because the've proven it time and time again, and even have the audacity to preach it in their holy houses. It's not about hating on somebody because it makes me feel superior for no reason. It's common sense.

If you think that's what racism entails then be my guest, I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I think it depends.

Stopping Jerry Seinfeld, or a 90 year old Grandmother with Grandchildren in the airport for "random" searches is mindless, and wastes resources.

On the other hand, stopping every person that looks middle eastern is also wasteful, and presumptuous.

My prefered method would be data driven, and formed from actual psychological profiles we have about who commits the crimes we are trying to stop.

I do not mind some profiling, so long as there is good cause, etc. I know I would probably be pulled out from the airport line more, but I am ok with that.
    Such a classifier requires data that drives well into privacy concerns which appears to be affirmed by your post on false negatives. It's a domain very well obfuscated by individuals trying their best to impersonate a typical civilian.
    Last edited by twiddler; 2017-01-18 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    No, actually the immigrants had been spread throughout germany. The only regions which got excluded explicitly were regions in east germany, in special as some regions are quite hostile against immigrants. I talk about Sachsen in this case.
    I'm not talking about the recent immigrants. Larger cities have a bigger share of foreigners than rural areas, that was true before and after the immigration wave.
    And even if the numbers I posted were only true for Munich, then racial profiling would still yield better results in Munich.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Aww, how cute. those non-whites like to follow some weird ideas more often than not. if you want to live with fanatics, feel free. but please outside of my perimeter, thx a lot.
    Having weird ideas doesn't have anything to do with how someone looks. I've met more white people with weird ideas than people who are not white with weird ideas. Should I be racist to white people based ob those then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    If it stops even one mass attack, id say its worth it.
    Absolutely. As long as there is no abuse of power I'm totally game for it. Especially in an instance where it could save lives.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Absolutely. As long as there is no abuse of power I'm totally game for it. Especially in an instance where it could save lives.
    What is the definition of abused power though? Are you willing to allow the government to snoop into your daily life?

Relegating minorities to 2nd class citizen because white supremacists dislike nonwhite people and then say it's worth it. Stay classy.
    Yep, that is JUST because they are minorities, there have been no increase in terrorist attacks and crimes... absolutely pure racism.

I have zero problems with any kind of profiling that is based on facts, as long as the police and security staff doing it are respectful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Yep, that is JUST because they are minorities, there have been no increase in terrorist attacks and crimes... absolutely pure racism.

I have zero problems with any kind of profiling that is based on facts, as long as the police and security staff doing it are respectful.
    The vast majority are not involved in crime. You're just looking for a way to excuse racism.

The vast majority are not involved in crime. You're just looking for a way to excuse racism.
    I never said they are, but they commit more crimes when compared in proportion to the native population. Hence if you stop to check more of them you will statistically get more criminals, which means you are using your resources better (not to mention that arresting criminals benefits the said minorities a lot as well).

Also, the vast majority of locals are also not involved in crime, so what it is your magical solution? Stop random checks in the streets?

Relegating minorities to 2nd class citizen because white supremacists dislike nonwhite people and then say it's worth it. Stay classy.
    If they would prefer their prior conditions, they are always free to leave.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    If they would prefer their prior conditions, they are always free to leave.
    Or people could stop being racist. But I guess thats a controversial thing to say these days with all the people eagerly to shit on anyone that doesn't look white.

All I know is, it's pretty damned difficult to "keep an eye out" for A male wearing dark clothing, between 25-35 years of age...
    The SJW's of my country wanna make everything out to be about "racial profiling"... Apparently we live in a world where there are no different cultures, no variation in appearance and keeping track of someone is being racist IF that someone happens to look a certain way or come from a certain country/area in the world...

Or people could stop being racist. But I guess thats a controversial thing to say these days with all the people eagerly to shit on anyone that doesn't look white.
    You know that you calling people racist for all their non racist opinions will take all the weight of it, right?

We should start a counter of how many people you called a racist in this thread. I hope that this is not racist as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    You know that you calling people racist for all their non racist opinions will take all the weight of it, right?

We should start a counter of how many people you called a racist in this thread. I hope that this is not racist as well.
    Saying you're fine with relegating people who don't look white to 2nd class citizens is pretty damn racist.

People aren't eager to shit on anything that doesn't look white. I love east Asians.

It has to do with one specific culture.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Oh, so they've realized that it's not a problem to target the people who are more criminal than the germans themselves?

https://www.thelocal.de/20170113/maj...cial-profiling

A YouGov poll released on Thursday found that the majority of Germans said racial profiling was not problematic, amid criticism of police checks on New Year's Eve in Cologne.
    Sixty-three percent of Germans in the YouGov poll said they did not find racial profiling generally problematic.

Another 27 percent said that it was problematic when police checks are not conducted based on concrete suspicions, but rather on general appearances, including perceived ethnicity or skin colour.
    yea so what , come @ me brah

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    People aren't eager to shit on anything that doesn't look white. I love east Asians.

It has to do with one specific culture.
    Yeah, they are in europe.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Profiling happens for all police. It's a fact. It's how they determine who to investigate and who not to investigate. I can give a statistic without reference to the community involved and I bet people can tell me the type of people that live in the area. Here is an example:

The year I graduated from high school on the 100th day of the year in Jacksonville, Florida. There had been 105 murders in the city. Of those 105 murders 98 of them took place on the North side of Jacksonville. Jacksonville has a population of 1.5 million people. Without profiling, do you feel the police treat the North side of Jacksonville the same as say Orange Park?

As an average citizen on the street, do you feel you should treat the North side of Jacksonville the same as say Jacksonville Beach area of Jacksonville?

If you don't then you are profiling the area as dangerous. And probably doing it in an intelligent way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racial profiling is not "bad" per se.

It's the manner in which the gathered data is used that matters.

Still, it is prone to misuse, so I kind of understand the law wanting err on the side of caution.

Saying you're fine with relegating people who don't look white to 2nd class citizens is pretty damn racist.
    I am fine that people who are of any group (that includes groups with white people) who are more likely to commit crimes (which for a white example include skin heads) to be stopped by the police more often.
    Being stopped by the police is not a cruel thing to happen to you and is not in any way a violation of your human rights.

If you still think that this is racist, you don't know what this word means.