Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Draught Of Souls BIS trinket Only available for SV hunter?

Check your loot page, it doesnt drop unless your specced into SV....

Wow, a melee trinket only drops for melee specs?! On other news water is wet!

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Wow, a melee trinket only drops for melee specs?! On other news water is wet!
    It also works for ranged, it just doesn't drop for them. Water is wet, mmo-c posters don't add 1+1 when commenting. What's new.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    It also works for ranged,
    True, if they stand in melee range

So yeah, melee trinket for melee class, dont see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    True, if they stand in melee range

So yeah, melee trinket for melee class, dont see the problem.
    Makes no difference, it will still get used as long as it is usable because of how much damage it does. That has nothing to do with the OP's point, in which, it doesn't drop unless you're in SV spec. It just means Hunters will have to do just that, and possibly waste Legendaries.

A trinket designed for melee only drops for melee? *gasp*

Deleted
    Or just dont use personal loot in guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Or just dont use personal loot in guild.
    Bonus rolls are a thing, doing it on normal with PuGs is also a thing.

Bonus rolls are a thing, doing it on normal with PuGs is also a thing.
    Changing your lootspec to Survival when you bonus roll is also a thing.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why that trinket is supposed to be so good anyway (besides the shit ton of haste on it).
    It does like what? 65k every .25 seconds, so 260k a second for 3 seconds for a total of around 700k~ with no crits (probably closer to about a million damage per use), but it makes it so you can't do anything else while its channeling. I'm sure the damage works out to be an increase, I'm just not seeing how its "OMG ITS SO GOODDDDDD" level.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I'm not sure why that trinket is supposed to be so good anyway (besides the shit ton of haste on it).
    It does like what? 65k every .25 seconds, so 260k a second for 3 seconds for a total of around 700k~ with no crits (probably closer to about a million damage per use), but it makes it so you can't do anything else while its channeling. I'm sure the damage works out to be an increase, I'm just not seeing how its "OMG ITS SO GOODDDDDD" level.
    imagine u are a guy that has a mastery debuff "120 % more dmg done" and a cd "100 % crit " and "all dmg you do deals 20 % additional dmg as a dot" (arms warrior). Those are the guys this trinket is for. not some stupid hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Blada View Post
    Changing your lootspec to Survival when you bonus roll is also a thing.
    Chancing getting a legendary, like I already said, is not something people should have to do just to roll on a trinket. Engage brain.

Chancing getting a legendary, like I already said, is not something people should have to do just to roll on a trinket. Engage brain.
    You can change your loot spec after you loot the the boss but before you coin.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    You can change your loot spec after you loot the the boss but before you coin.
    You can coin Legendaries, and... again..... like I said, people PuG and use Personal Loot. Why are people even debating this? If it's USABLE it should be on the spec's list for drops. If not, make it not usable. It's not like it matters to you if a Hunter can get it or not, so why would you be against it?

Deleted
    Dps trinkets are usable in tank specc as well and we need to change our loot spec as well if we want to roll them. You can only coin stuff if it is meant for you, deal with it. My bear wanted an arans, so I needed to kill Medivh with balance loot spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Dps trinkets are usable in tank specc as well and we need to change our loot spec as well if we want to roll them. You can only coin stuff if it is meant for you, deal with it. My bear wanted an arans, so I needed to kill Medivh with balance loot spec.
    Or, maybe, we pressure Blizzard to give us a Legendary Loot-spec, and then we're all happy? Seriously what goes through people's heads to say something like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can coin Legendaries, and... again..... like I said, people PuG and use Personal Loot. Why are people even debating this? If it's USABLE it should be on the spec's list for drops. If not, make it not usable. It's not like it matters to you if a Hunter can get it or not, so why would you be against it?
    You just argue for the sake of arguing don't you? If you put it on the MM/BM loot spec then there's going to be stupid people that will complain to Blizzard when the trinket doesn't work from range. Guilds will also argue over the tooltips so it's a good idea it's only for Survival. God knows it took an act of god to convince people that the BTI works for hunters.

If you want to min/max and be the oddball than runs into melee range then do it. You'll also need to explain to your raid leader why you're not in position for specific fights when a ranged mechanic drops on your face while using the channel on the trinket!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You just argue for the sake of arguing don't you? If you put it on the MM/BM loot spec then there's going to be stupid people that will complain to Blizzard when the trinket doesn't work from range. Guilds will also argue over the tooltips so it's a good idea it's only for Survival. God knows it took an act of god to convince people that the BTI works for hunters.

If you want to min/max and be the oddball than runs into melee range then do it. You'll also need to explain to your raid leader why you're not in position for specific fights when a ranged mechanic drops on your face while using the channel on the trinket!
    I argue for the sake of common sense, if a trinket is BiS - and it's usable - then it should be freely on the loot table. If you're not comfortable using it because you're daft enough to not know when fight mechanics are happening that's on you, and just because you can't do simple things doesn't mean the rest of the world can't. Not to mention, a lot of fights already have points where you're just stacked up anyway; it doesn't take a lot to move into melee, trinket, and disengage out between mechanics when you're not.

Deleted
    Or, maybe, we pressure Blizzard to give us a Legendary Loot-spec, and then we're all happy? Seriously what goes through people's heads to say something like that.
    If you want to go that route (and I doubt Blizz will), then I would prefer a trinket loot spec over a Legiondary one. Here are the reasons:

- Works in future content, where we hopefully won't have more of the legiondaries.
    - You can still get your relics for your main spec, because trinkets are usually the only thing were you want something that isn't on your loot table.
    - You could give everyone all loot table options for trinkets, so that melees can roll on a certain caster trinket if they want it without necessarily having a caster spec.

I got this trinket last night from [N]Guldan and then tried using it on the first two bosses of [H]Nighthold and it was really disappointing.

Just checked and Azor just updated trinket sims with a note saying this trinket's damage has been nerfed for ranged classes. Makes sense...