Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    So guys, how is Prot feeling in Nighthold Heroic? Wondering about Etraeus especially, since that constant magic intake for someone with very little versa gear is scaring me a tad.
    Didn't try Etraeus on HC yet, but Krosus was a nightmare. Getting 5+ stacks was pretty much death for me combined with Slam usually, while our bear just shrugged off even 7-8 stacks. Got it down though. Might be a fight where indom is actually decent at least early on into the tier, ended up only switching into a stam trinket myself.

Deleted
    So guys, how is Prot feeling in Nighthold Heroic? Wondering about Etraeus especially, since that constant magic intake for someone with very little versa gear is scaring me a tad.
    Did 3 hours of normal NH, at the end of the raid I declined all the upcoming events in guild and I'm going to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tr1h View Post
    Did 3 hours of normal NH, at the end of the raid I declined all the upcoming events in guild and I'm going to quit.
    Ok but how does this reaction have anything to do with protection warrior's strength as a tank?

To be clear, 25% HP is not the only additional benefit of IP over Devastator. Though you get far more total IP with Devastator than with Indomitable (unless the boss hits obscenely hard), Indomitable allows you to stack up a larger IP at any given time, per rage spent - so if you need to mitigate a particular ability, such as spears on Odyn or Breaths in p3 on helya, as much as possible, Indomitable is good for that. For this reason it's also best for mitigating spears on Cenarius - even though they are not going to kill you, if you were having issues with making the pool as small as possible (for some unknown reason), Indomitable would be better at that.

The things that make Devastator better for survivability when those are not concerns are the higher shield block uptime and the enormously more rage, so much more total damage reduced by Ignore Pain.

And of course, Devastator is a huge DPS increase.
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylunaria View Post
    Ok but how does this reaction have anything to do with protection warrior's strength as a tank?
    I felt ridiculous compared to my druid co-tank. I was turning bosses away from him without taunting, just doing a normal rotation, did a lot of dps but felt squishy as f***. I can't even begin to explain how bad it felt tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tr1h View Post
    I felt ridiculous compared to my druid co-tank. I was turning bosses away from him without taunting, just doing a normal rotation, did a lot of dps but felt squishy as f***. I can't even begin to explain how bad it felt tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soilx3 View Post
    Didn't try Etraeus on HC yet, but Krosus was a nightmare. Getting 5+ stacks was pretty much death for me combined with Slam usually, while our bear just shrugged off even 7-8 stacks. Got it down though. Might be a fight where indom is actually decent at least early on into the tier, ended up only switching into a stam trinket myself.
    You guys have a link to logs?

(And yeah, my druid was ridiculous tonight )

You guys have a link to logs?

(And yeah, my druid was ridiculous tonight )
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports.../#type=summary

340k HPS, proper CD usage, and you still died (with seemingly decent raid healing)!?!?! Shieeeet, I ignored that boss on my Druid Worried about it now, haha.

340k HPS, proper CD usage, and you still died (with seemingly decent raid healing)!?!?! Shieeeet, I ignored that boss on my Druid Worried about it now, haha.
    He did not recieve a single heal from his healers for about 8 seconds leading up to and after that slam. This is a fault of healers (he had a paladin sac though).

Edit: He also did not use Last Stand, or a health potion. On top of blowing shield wall and demo shout in the first minute of the fight leading up to that. There is CLEARLY something else wrong there like taunt swap timings or something.

On a seperate note, your vengeance weaving is awful. Why take the talent if you aren't going to actually vengeance weave? Probably drop Avatar too since you aren't running BV build.

This again, has nothing to do with the strength of Protection warriors in Nighthold, and more player error.
    Last edited by Cylunaria; 2017-01-19 at 01:01 AM.

He did not recieve a single heal from his healers for about 8 seconds leading up to and after that slam. This is a fault of healers (he had a paladin sac though).

Edit: He also did not use Last Stand, or a health potion. On top of blowing shield wall and demo shout in the first minute of the fight leading up to that. There is CLEARLY something else wrong there like taunt swap timings or something.

On a seperate note, your vengeance weaving is awful. Why take the talent if you aren't going to actually vengeance weave? Probably drop Avatar too since you aren't running BV build.

This again, has nothing to do with the strength of Protection warriors in Nighthold, and more player error.
    Tbh, I didn't look that much into it Just checked HPS & SR usage, but still...

Edit: Screw you guys with your Bracers/Gloves combo, though.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2017-01-19 at 01:09 AM.

Tbh, I didn't look that much into it Just checked HPS & SR usage, but still...
    There are multiple failure points in that log, there is no "but still".

Deleted
    From my findings as well bears are in a much much better shape, I required constant attention on some bosses. Let's not even talk about the Star boss, but I definitely felt more squishier than my co-tank.

Oh yeah absolutely not claiming to be an expert, still learning the new way of playing quite a bit.

No clue why wowhead guide said "switch at 8-10 stacks", we tried that at first but it was just lame, I was dying from the dot while not actively tanking, probably the usual healer reaction "only heal the tank that is tanking atm". We figured out it's best to swap asap as the off-tank debuff drops which is usually 4-5 stacks depending on the beam / orbs timings.

And yeah not everyone can be a bear with spammable magic damage reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    No clue why wowhead guide said "switch at 8-10 stacks", we tried that at first but it was just lame, I was dying from the dot while not actively tanking, probably the usual healer reaction "only heal the tank that is tanking atm". We figured out it's best to swap asap as the off-tank debuff drops which is usually 4-5 stacks depending on the beam / orbs timings.

And yeah not everyone can be a bear with spammable magic damage reduction.
    At 5 stacks I was taking roughly 900k damage per sec, 8 would be insane. Doable with 2 bears for sure though, dunno about other classes.

At 5 stacks I was taking roughly 900k damage per sec, 8 would be insane. Doable with 2 bears for sure though, dunno about other classes.
    Well just saying it might not be the class but the strat... It's new content so my guild went there and we kinda knew some stuff from guides some we tried to figure out but that specific advice from wowhead guide just owned me. Not kidding: http://www.wowhead.com/krosus-nighth...sponsibilities

"Swap tanking duties on 8-10 stacks of Searing Brand"

Maybe it works on normal, dunno, we're gonna go normal tomorrow and see. On hc the dot was massive, not looking forward to mythic.

We did it fine with Pally/Bear, & will be doing it with DH/Warr tomorrow. I know my friend did it as a Monk & found it no issue whatsoever, but that's to be expected.

krosus in alpha/beta required tank switching at higher stacks (and stacks did less damage)
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

7+ Year Old Account
    I really dunno why Blizz nerfed the warrior tank this much. A bear for example is much too strong for a class which can heal, tank and dps ... dunno what they think about their balancing, but sometimes they just dont think i guess.

I will see nighthold tomorrow as tank...and im a little afraid of it actually

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Developer View Post
    I really dunno why Blizz nerfed the warrior tank this much.
    What nerfs are you talking about?

A bear for example is much too strong
    Bear is considered the best tank atm, when it comes to survivability. Nothing to do with warriors, other tanks are worse as well. They should just nerf bears to other tank levels.

for a class which can heal, tank and dps
    That's just irrelevant.

dunno what they think about their balancing, but sometimes they just dont think i guess.
    Yep, their balancing is very strange and raises a question, what they were doing all this time on PTR, if they're bringing those massive changes the first day after live. But that's more about DPS classes, tanks are more or less fine.