Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

CIA releases 13 million pages of declassified documents online

* About 13 million pages of declassified documents from the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) have been released online.
    * The records include UFO sightings and psychic experiments from the Stargate programme, which has long been of interest to conspiracy theorists.
    * The move came after lengthy efforts from freedom of information advocates and a lawsuit against the CIA.
    * The full archive is made up of almost 800,000 files.

[...]

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38663522
    http://www.wired.co.uk/article/the-c...d-pages-online

Link to the archives: https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...rogram-archive

-----

Some pages/files seem to be offline, but a lot of them are up. There's quite a large amount of papers on the use of things like remote viewing and future vision (https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...00240001-9.pdf - http://i.imgur.com/MaG8rRs.png for example) under the STARGATE section.

Also, one can find that they used Uri Geller for research purposes: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...al-uri-9644857 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Mue1Im_0E - https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...00480003-3.pdf

I tend to be very sceptical of subjects like this, so I'm a bit confused. Disinfo? Bad research? Or perhaps there's a grain of truth to it, in which case: why allow the release or even admit the existence of these files, considering the possible uses by opponents?

In case you're not interested in hocus pocus, there are also lots of files regarding foreign intelligence and stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    The CIA did a lot of crazy stuff during the Cold War. I mean I'm not saying it was all aliens, but it was aliens.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I had the time to go through all of that. I'm sure there is some really interesting stuff.

I am particularly interested in the UFO stuff.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I guess we won't be seeing any conspiracy nuts for the next 3 years.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Or! They will extract even more theories from these files!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CantStumpTheTrump View Post
    I tend to be very sceptical of subjects like this, so I'm a bit confused. Disinfo? Bad research? Or perhaps there's a grain of truth to it, in which case: why allow the release or even admit the existence of these files, considering the possible uses by opponents?
    Their early research into the possible existence of magic is outdated, so it's little/no threat if it gets out. By now, the CIA probably has a full on Harry Potter-esque Sorcerer's division - and they know that Kek, the elder frog of Chaos and Discord - has awoken once more - due to the ceaseless prayers and votive offerings of spicy memes by his followers on 4chan.

Not much harm in releasing them now, given that 2017 marks the rebirth of an eldritch god - the world will soon know magic was indeed real all along: it had just grown weak and quiet, in the absence of Kek, or his rival gods.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Seeing how they just voted their conspiracy emperor into power, I doubt they'll go missing anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit.

Reagan drank hazelnut coffee. Disgusting, his name should be erased from history.

Disclosure is coming.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

If they 'accidentally' released some Trump documents in there, it would be hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Disclosure is coming.
    There is a great chance of that happening once Trump is inaugurated. He will just tweet it.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Reminds me of Jon Ronson's "The Men Who Stare at Goats" documentary which later was turned into a comedy movie with George Clooney.

The Men Who Stare at Goats (2004) is a book by Jon Ronson concerning the U.S. Army's exploration of New Age concepts and the potential military applications of the paranormal. The title refers to attempts to kill goats by staring at them. The book is companion to a three-part TV series broadcast in Britain on Channel 4—Crazy Rulers of the World (2004)—the first episode of which is also entitled "The Men Who Stare at Goats". The same title was used a third time for a loose feature film adaptation in 2009.
    Crazy Rulers of the World - part 1 - The Men Who Stare At Goats
    Last edited by Pipebomb; 2017-01-19 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uri Gellar was proven to be a fake on live TV. So, really, asking him for research on anything supernatural would be akin to asking...well, fucking anybody else.

someone should link all of the ufo and alien related shit.

i mean, they wouldn't release their real information on aliens if they had any. but it's still neat to hear about.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2017-01-19 at 01:02 AM.

Wow, just read the Berlin Tunnel documents. Quite interesting read.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

13 million pages. Was all of that up until this point really so critical to security that we needed to keep it classified? Even our worst enemies are going to think

I'm perusing some of the links though.

"Although Geller failed a number of times to draw anything to even get remotely close to the test drawing" seems like kind of critical info that's glossed over by some of the links about the psychic guy. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-01-19 at 02:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    13 million pages. Was all of that up until this point really so critical to security that we needed to keep it classified? Even our worst enemies are going to think
    Considering that they had detailed reports on intelligence activities... I mean, it's like a guidebook on how to spy in some of those pages.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Their early research into the possible existence of magic is outdated, so it's little/no threat if it gets out. By now, the CIA probably has a full on Harry Potter-esque Sorcerer's division - and they know that Kek, the elder frog of Chaos and Discord - has awoken once more - due to the ceaseless prayers and votive offerings of spicy memes by his followers on 4chan.

Not much harm in releasing them now, given that 2017 marks the rebirth of an eldritch god - the world will soon know magic was indeed real all along: it had just grown weak and quiet, in the absence of Kek, or his rival gods.
    Eh, we need an extinction level event for that to happen first. Everybody knows that magic is real. The problem is that magical power is a finite resource. Thousands of years ago, there were very few humans, so magic was everywhere. Problem is, every living human locks up a portion of the Potential Magic Energy in the world when they are born. So as the human population skyrockets, the available Free Magic Energy plummets, resulting in extreme difficulty in successful practitioning of magic save by the few people who are innately gifted. The only real way to fix this would be for a mass extinction event to occur, where the deaths of a few billion humans flood the world once again with untapped Magical Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Or! They will extract even more theories from these files!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Seeing how they just voted their conspiracy emperor into power, I doubt they'll go missing anytime soon.
    I think he was implying that they're going to be too busy reading all 13 million pages to be seen in public.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    In b4 they unlock jedi powers from the docs, break into area 51 walking through walls and reveal the secrets of the Roswell conspiracy /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.