Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pinhead doesn't get the respect he deserves

So anytime conversations come up about the great horror movie characters you hear about Michael, Chucky, Freddy, Jason. People don't give pinhead enough credit which to me is stupid. Pinhead is dangerous. He has a kill count of 35 as per rotten tomatoes body count. He's right up there with Freddy and Chucky.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I mean, what movie was he in? Pinhead?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I mean, what movie was he in? Pinhead?
    Have you never seen the hellraiser movies?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

No, but I'm 28, probably too young. Sad, because about 20 years ago scary movies stopped being good.

No, but I'm 28, probably too young. Sad, because about 20 years ago scary movies stopped being good.
    I'm 26 and I have seen Hellraiser...

If you never have u really should.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Hellraiser is definitely one of the classic series. I suggest watching them if you're into freddy and jason and all them.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Unfortunately the movies themselves made him a joke.

The first 2 hellraisers were good, the rest range from 'weird but ok i guess' (inferno) to 'omfg just why did they bother' (hellworld). In the later movies, which were literally made as non-hellraiser movies then had the name slapped on top to market better with a shoved in cenobite towards the end that makes no sense.

The character himself is great, an WW1 pilot who finds the lazerus configuration in arabia and succumbs to it. He's not entirely evil, just efficient and business like. A blunt coldness to his position as the head cenobite, obsessed with the duality of pain and pleasure and the love of flesh coming off bone.

But like I said the movies themselves didn't do him much justice after the first 2.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2017-01-19 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Unfortunately the movies themselves made him a joke.

The first 2 hellraisers were good, the rest range from 'weird but ok i guess' (inferno) to 'omfg just why did they bother' (hellworld). In the later movies, which were literally made as non-hellraiser movies then had the name slapped on top to market better with a shoved in cenobite towards the end that makes no sense.

The character himself is great, an WW1 pilot who finds the lazerus configuration in arabia and succumbs to it. He's not entirely evil, just efficient and business like. A blunt coldness to his position as the head cenobite.

But like I said the movies themselves didn't do him much justice after the first 2.
    I liked most of them. Hell on Earth was pretty good. I don't like Revelations. They should've let the series die after Bradley was done.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Most of the Hellraisers are good or decent, excluding the final one that didn't use Doug Bradley to portray Pinhead. Felt bad.

Hellraiser has to be one of my favorite set of movies, books, and comics. Clive Barker is awesome and what he came up with is just so incredibly memorable.

Sadly Hellraiser: Judgement wont have Doug again. He stepped out of the role.

However! Clive is writing a new Hellraiser story. Hoping it turns out well. It will take place 27 years after the first movie iirc.

I personally find Pinhead and his Cenobites to be far more terrifying than Jason or Freddy.

Not only are they menacing, unrelenting, and view their ideals as truth; they aren't even the ultimate evil. They serve Leviathan, their god. Pinhead's "Gash"(the names of their groups) is just one of many Cenobite groups that enforce the will of Leviathan.

So even if you could somehow kill them, more Cenobites exist and can be created.

Jason/Freddy/Chucky just get brought back because sequels get some profit.(Not that I'm complaining)

But I just find the fleshed out abstract horror of the Hellraiser universe to be so much more. . .well horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Most of the Hellraisers are good or decent, excluding the final one that didn't use Doug Bradley to portray Pinhead. Felt bad.

Hellraiser has to be one of my favorite set of movies, books, and comics. Clive Barker is awesome and what he came up with is just so incredibly memorable.

Sadly Hellraiser: Judgement wont have Doug again. He stepped out of the role.

However! Clive is writing a new Hellraiser story. Hoping it turns out well. It will take place 27 years after the first movie iirc.

I personally find Pinhead and his Cenobites to be far more terrifying than Jason or Freddy.

Not only are they menacing, unrelenting, and view their ideals as truth; they aren't even the ultimate evil. They serve Leviathan, their god. Pinhead's "Gash"(the names of their groups) is just one of many Cenobite groups that enforce the will of Leviathan.

So even if you could somehow kill them, more Cenobites exist and can be created.

Jason/Freddy/Chucky just get brought back because sequels get some profit.(Not that I'm complaining)

But I just find the fleshed out abstract horror of the Hellraiser universe to be so much more. . .well horrific.
    MY favorite part about Pinhead is that he doesn't have to be a slasher if he doesn't want to be. He tempts his victims into doing the shit he wants then he kills them.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you never have u really should.
    No, better you read the book

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I liked most of them. Hell on Earth was pretty good. I don't like Revelations. They should've let the series die after Bradley was done.
    Well, I enjoyed most of them for different reasons. Beyond the first 2 I really liked inferno and deader but hellworld left a sour taste in my mouth, I despise that movie.

The latest 'remake'(?) was bad, if the ending had gone the obvious route and correct route it might of been redeemed but alas they went with stupidity.

The cenobites are some of the best movie monsters imo, if the franchise was treated with respect and not used as a dumping ground for bad horror scripts (hellworld!) then it could've had a bigger effect. I'd love to see the recent renewel to produce something great but i'm not holding my breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was hellraiser based on one of cliver barkers short stories/books? I read a book but never bothered with a movie because a twice fell asleep while watching it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

pinhead and the cenobites were fucking cool to me. not really all that scary, cause they were more like super villains than monsters.

but i always liked the leather and freaky bindings and peeled skin.

The first two were fun. But i draw the line at shooting CDs with your head guys. Personally im not sure why anyone likes chucky it was always lame as hell to me, its too stupid and would be way too easy to defeat. Hell in most of his movies he is easily defeated too, just nobody bother doing it lol.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-01-19 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Was hellraiser based on one of cliver barkers short stories/books? I read a book but never bothered with a movie because a twice fell asleep while watching it
    It is based on The Hellbound Heart, a novel that Clive Barker wrote.

Love Pinhead. I think Pinhead is one of the best horror villains. The Hellraiser films are not that bad given the usual penchant for horror series to get worse each installment. The nadir of of the series being when they replaced Doug Bradley, natch. >.>

One day I will write that unofficial Nightbreed book that ties to the Hellraiser-verse in the most satisfying way I imagined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pinhead was technically a monster, but honestly he was more of an anti hero in how his character played out in the first movie. Which was a new twist on the anti heroes of the 80s and 90s.

The real villain was Uncle Frank, murderer, sexual degenerate, basically Cain himself. Until Pinhead tore him into tiny pieces at the end. Many of the previous slasher flicks in the 80s were basically conservative morality plays. Hellraiser was a nice change of pace to all that.

The new Director's Super Extended of Nightbreed (2014) is so awesome. Its 40 minutes of more awesome than the first release of Nightbreed. Makes one wish that David Cronenberg had more acting roles. Dr Decker is hella more scary than Pinhead.

Screw Pinhead. You know who's a towering badass of horror who never gets his due? The Tall Man from Phantasm. Fucker is a creep, and unkillable to boot, and he's slowly taking over the world, Lich King and Scourge-style.