Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    These forums are starting to resemble a mental hospital full of sociopaths.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    The fiery passionate personalities of this forum burn brighter than a thousand suns and can never be extinguished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    But at the end of the day she's right.
    I dunno, this seems like a case of idealism over pragmatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Starting? lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I just gotta say something, and I'm not going to hold back.

A number of you people, making "fire jokes" / puns or saying "saving him is a waste of resources", lack the least bit of humanity, especially about your fellow American.

Many people, including me, are besides themselves Trump was elected and will defile the Presidency in a couple of days. But plenty of Americans are legitimately elated that is the case.

Between that there is a subset of Americans who the last year has been torture. The partisan fighting, the implications, the scandals... decades ago they'd here about it for 30 minutes on the 6 oclock news, but now every little horrible thing in these campaigns is coming to them via social media, beamed in real time to their phones. It's a drip-drip-drip of horror about every miserable thing Donald Trump says or did, or every miserable thing Hillary Clinton said or did. They are both tortured and addicted to it. They can't escape it.

I've expressed this before about people getting News Alerts on their phones and in social media about like, tour buses driving into ravines in Peru, and coming away thinking there is more death and horror in the world than ever before, when in fact the opposite is true.

The human brain isn't designed to process the constant drip of conflict and bad news like this. Everyone has a breaking point, some higher, some lower. I'm sure we all know someone like this. I know I do... people whose exposure to bad news, drama and sad events in the world has had a very miserable effect on their lives and outlook. I believe a huge part of how some subset of Americans perceive ISIS is DIRECTLY because of this, for example. Of course ISIS is 10 feet tall when every time 10 goons shoot up a building in some remote town in Syria, you get a Facebook feed newsflash.

The election of Donald Trump is outrageous and makes me furious. But it isn't near the point people should be lighting themselves on fire. Anyone doing that at this point, to say the least, is mentally ill and deserves our compassion, not entirely unfunny, inhuman mockery. He deserves help.

You people should be ashamed of yourselves. You won't be of course. But that's besides the point. you shame yourselves, your upbringing, your family and your community, by responding with such contempt for your fellow citizen.
    Skroe, once again the voice of reason among conservative posters.

I've been saying this about the crazy anti-SJWs for awhile. The activism that they're so utterly terrified of is extremely limited to very certain geographic areas (campuses). But because of the constant inundation and being slapped in the face 24/7 by news of their deeds, people go absolutely insane over it.

Just take a look at Theo. She's a grad student, and her entire perception of the left is based off of the social activists at her college. And she's not even the most hysterical when it comes to distorted world views of the left.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    As for people trying to be serious, I do question if it had been a Trump supporter setting themselves on fire after a post Hillary win, someone else would have posted this same thread. Alas I lack a crystal ball or divine power to know, but had a Bernie voter done this post Hillary's win, I suspect @Skroe would even sing a different tune.

My point being, the level of hilariousness of the pun I used depends on how deeply butthurt one is that Trump is about to be the President. You could say the anger is seething, smoldering, .... some people are really feeling the burn.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most of the sociopaths and other patients also tend to believe they're the doctors and the visitors, which is also amusing to watch.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

One of the most famous photos of the 20th century is Buddhist monk Thích Quảng Đức setting himself on fire as a protest in Vietnam. His heart remained in tact and became a holy relic. It's an amazing piece of history.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Maybe he didn't want to bother with the Russian thing because they didn't actually interfere with the election? They did not manipulate the polling systems to change the votes like the Media was trying to push.

All they did was show what kind of scum bags Hillary and DNC were, and let people vote as they chose. Yeah, they didn't disclose what Trump/RNC did/may have done, but how is that any different than watching almost any News/Media channel? Mainstream media only shows what they want, to get a specific reaction from people.

Also, you may remember Trump stating the elections were/are rigged. Contrary to the belief of the intellectually disabled people, he was referring to the Media bias that existed and the 100% smear campaign that was being run against him from the start.

What the Russians did, essentially was to level that playing field that Hillary and her cohorts created from the get go.

Unfortunately for her, and the media behind her. Most of the shit they had was bullshit. What came from Russia and what not, was actually real, and she couldn't refute it.
    Oh give me a break. The Russians absolutely did influence the election. Maybe not "interfere" in the sense that they didn't actually hack voting booths or anything like that, but the "leaks" that came from Russia certainly did play a part. Not that there was anything in there that was worth getting upset about. Hillary did not "rig" the election, nor did she or her entire campaign do anything untoward or illegal. What's that you say? The DNC didn't want a non-democrat to win? Give me a break. This was bambi-tier "corruption" and you people thinking otherwise are delusional.

>media bias

Oh, you're one of those. Yes, some publications lean in a certain direction. However, calling Trump out on the word salads that spew from his mouth is not 'bias'. I swear, the lengths at which you people go to defend this man is beyond ridiculous.

Also, why isn't this thread closed? It's just poking fun at someone's expense. And you call the "SJWs" ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    As for people trying to be serious, I do question if it had been a Trump supporter setting themselves on fire after a post Hillary win, someone else would have posted this same thread. Alas I lack a crystal ball or divine power to know, but had a Bernie voter done this post Hillary's win, I suspect @Skroe would even sing a different tune.

My point being, the level of hilariousness of the pun I used depends on how deeply butthurt one is that Trump is about to be the President. You could say the anger is seething, smoldering, .... some people are really feeling the burn.
    Edgy post my friend. Seriously, are you 12?

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Skroe, once again the voice of reason among conservative posters.

I've been saying this about the crazy anti-SJWs for awhile. The activism that they're so utterly terrified of is extremely limited to very certain geographic areas (campuses). But because of the constant inundation and being slapped in the face 24/7 by news of their deeds, people go absolutely insane over it.

Just take a look at Theo. She's a grad student, and her entire perception of the left is based off of the social activists at her college. And she's not even the most hysterical when it comes to distorted world views of the left.
    Naaaa it's more than that.

It's live news feeds of mass protesters blocking freeways, it's left pundits calling the torture of a mentally disabled white man by four black people while screaming "fuck white people" bad "home training" instead of a horrific crime.

It's the shouting down of conservative speakers at major universities.

It's acts of violence

it's 100 other things that the very vocal minority make glaring to the public

10+ Year Old Account

Skroe actually pointed out something that, in theory, any human being should understand intuitively: that a fellow human being got hurt, and that's the most important part of the event.

But most people on these forums do not seem to have even an inch of humanity in them, they are too far gone in their virtual crusade against the "opposite camp". This crazy tribalism is borderline sociopathic, hence my comment.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

7+ Year Old Account
    Skroe actually pointed out something that, in theory, any human being should understand intuitively: that a fellow human being got hurt, and that's the most important part of the event.

But most people on these forums do not seem to have even an inch of humanity in them, they are too far gone in their virtual crusade against the "opposite camp". This crazy tribalism is borderline sociopathic, hence my comment.
    He did, a self inflicted injury mind you. And intentional self inflicted injury.

I am just saying I doubt this humanity showing would exist had it been someone less politically sympathetic to him, or you. I would have made the pun no matter what. This thread exists because I could make a pun. And to report a bizarre story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Edgy post my friend. Seriously, are you 12?
    Edgy? Shit what is your definition of edgy?

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Maybe he didn't want to bother with the Russian thing because they didn't actually interfere with the election? They did not manipulate the polling systems to change the votes like the Media was trying to push.

All they did was show what kind of scum bags Hillary and DNC were, and let people vote as they chose. Yeah, they didn't disclose what Trump/RNC did/may have done, but how is that any different than watching almost any News/Media channel? Mainstream media only shows what they want, to get a specific reaction from people.

Also, you may remember Trump stating the elections were/are rigged. Contrary to the belief of the intellectually disabled people, he was referring to the Media bias that existed and the 100% smear campaign that was being run against him from the start.

What the Russians did, essentially was to level that playing field that Hillary and her cohorts created from the get go.

Unfortunately for her, and the media behind her. Most of the shit they had was bullshit. What came from Russia and what not, was actually real, and she couldn't refute it.
    The Russians totally didn't interfere with the election. They just illegally hacked a bunch of shit and cherry picked what to spread for the best effect that aligned with their goals. But that totally didn't interfere. Nope. No sir.

You have a goddamned Russian sockpuppet being sworn in just short of 2 days, and you think that was all on the up and up?

And please, dont even start with the media bullshit. Each side was waging the typical smear campaign. And the media was fucking useless for both sides. 100% smear campaign on Trump? Kek. How about the fact that 95% of the medias coverage of Hillary was droning on and on about the non story of "but her emails", or t he fact that in a few instances a freaking empty podium at a trump rally got more media coverage then an entire Hillary convention did? To he honest, the only reason that there appeared to be any kind of concentrated smear campaign in the media against Trump was because every goddamned time he opened his mouth he stuck his entire leg into it. It's sort of hard for the media to pass that kind of shit up when Trump pretty much shovels it at them.

And I had to laugh at the "leveled the playing field" comment. The playing field had been heavily weighted in trumps favour. He had the benefit of running a fresh campaign against Hillary who the Republicans had been smearing for more then a decade. The fact that he had that much of a head start and still managed to barely pass the finish line should tell you something.

Also, on a final note, if you don't believe that the Russians have just as much dirt on Trump as they ever might have had on Hillary, you are going to be in for a very rude awakening once they finally decide that he has outlived his usefulness.

10+ Year Old Account
    He did, a self inflicted injury mind you. And intentional self inflicted injury.

I am just saying I doubt this humanity showing would exist had it been someone less politically sympathetic to him, or you. I would have made the pun no matter what. This thread exists because I could make a pun. And to report a bizarre story.
    Oh, I don't mind the puns, I think humor should be applicable even in these situations. What I was talking about is all the "Haaaa, I want more lefties to do this!" nonsense. These forums have always been a bit of a cesspool, I remember back in 2014 people laughing at drowning refugees - but at this point, there seems to be more sociopaths here than decent people. Or maybe the sociopaths are just more vocal, I don't know...

10+ Year Old Account
    Did he use a clean form of fuel for his BBQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The car in the background always made me think he was angry his Car broke so went "fuck it. I'm so done" and POOF! up in flames!

- - - Updated - - -

For the Right is Dark and full of Terrors :3
    I just spilled my apple juice all over my computer monitor. Thanks so much. As a liberal myself I still can't help but facepalm at idiots like these. Still better to set himself on fire then others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I don't mind the puns, I think humor should be applicable even in these situations. What I was talking about is all the "Haaaa, I want more lefties to do this!" nonsense. These forums have always been a bit of a cesspool, I remember back in 2014 people laughing at drowning refugees - but at this point, these seems to be more sociopaths here than decent people.
    I would agree, but I suspect even in that, Skroe would be saying the exact same thing had a jilted Bernie Sanders supported done this. It would be too easy with the "Feel the Bern," mantra and considering his hate boner for the Senators voters, I doubt his supposed civility is anything more than him being sympathetic to the human bonfire in questions political views on Trump.

Had Crissi said "Show some humanity!" for example I'd have taken it seriously and even reconsidered my urge to use puns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Did he use a clean form of fuel for his BBQ?
    I suspect he did not use Propane or Propane accessories.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would agree, but I suspect even in that, Skroe would be saying the exact same thing had a jilted Bernie Sanders supported done this. It would be too easy with the "Feel the Bern," mantra and considering his hate boner for the Senators voters, I doubt his supposed civility is anything more than him being sympathetic to the human bonfire in questions political views on Trump.

Had Crissi said "Show some humanity!" for example I'd have taken it seriously and even reconsidered my urge to use puns.

- - - Updated - - -

I suspect he did not use Propane or Propane accessories.
    That's unfortunate. I'll give him credit though... Most protestors are giant pussies and would never set themselves on fire like those monks during the Vietnam War.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    That's unfortunate. I'll give him credit though... Most protestors are giant pussies and would never set themselves on fire like those monks during the Vietnam War.
    Its brave or foolish but it seems relatively disproportionate to the situation at hand. Has a situation in this country emerged that is comparable to the Vietnam monks?

10+ Year Old Account

I'm pretty sure Skroe would separate one's position from one's condition. I can laugh at "Bernie or bust" stance as overly idealistic and detached from reality, but at the same time, if one gets hurt due to a self-inflicted trauma during a protest, I won't use that opportunity to bash the person. I can attack their views, but I won't be cheering at their third-degree burns, if it makes sense.