Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Skroe would separate one's position from one's condition. I can laugh at "Bernie or bust" stance as overly idealistic and detached from reality, but at the same time, if one gets hurt due to a self-inflicted trauma during a protest, I won't use that opportunity to bash the person. I can attack their views, but I won't be cheering at their third-degree burns, if it makes sense.
    We shall never know. I just recall his hatred boner then. This is why I said "I'll never know," its called a hunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

There's some serious virtue calling going on around here :P it warms my heart to see that some people are this good and that their soul burns this bright.

Why would you rush them to a hospital? They clearly wanted to be on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    There's some serious virtue calling going on around here :P it warms my heart to see that some people are this good and that their soul burns this bright.
    May their flame never go out, let nothing extinguish the radiance of their virtue, not the fire department esque haters, or the cruel ones saying "Stop drop and roll!"
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Trump's impending presidency is getting a little too hot to handle.

On topic yes this is terrible but come on. He set himself on fire. Trump is really turning up the heat here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Why would you rush them to a hospital? They clearly wanted to be on fire.
    Their body their choice. They identify as firekin. To hot for you!

Lighting oneself on fire is actually a rather common form of protest in certain parts of the world. We are so removed from death here in the West that we find it strange that a human being would lay down their life for a cause.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Lighting oneself on fire is actually a rather common form of protest in certain parts of the world. We are so removed from death here in the West that we find it strange that a human being would lay down their life for a cause.
    Not all of us, no but you usually do not win and propagate your cause by dying for it unless it inspires many others to take up arms and rise up. That is very unlikely to happen here. As far as fighting for what you believe in goes, even terrorist attacks are a better way and have a higher chance of succeeding than setting yourself on fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post

On topic yes this is terrible but come on. He set himself on fire. Trump is really turning up the heat here.

Their body their choice. They identify as firekin. To hot for you!
    surely he seems like hes all:
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yes, along with hunger-strike, it is probably the most popular form of protest in totalitarian dictatorships when the person has run out of better options.

Granted, the US is certainly not a totalitarian dictatorship (not yet )... But I can see how one can be frustrated with all that's been happening in the country in the last couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    IS it? I mean if that monk who burned himself way back had lived would that have been a botched suicide attempt? Intent matters. If the persons intent was to bring awareness to something then it wasnt a suicide attempt IMO.
    Yeah don't compare a monk's protest who's people were being murdered daily and culture was being oppressed to this guy, its like comparing skinning your knee to the holocaust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Yeah don't compare a monk's protest who's people were being murdered daily and culture was being oppressed to this guy, its like comparing skinning your knee to the holocaust.
    And who is the supreme judge on what warrants extreme forms of protests and what doesn't? The guy felt very strongly about the issue, to the point of being willing to sacrifice his life for some cause. I think it deserves respect, even if you disagree with his reasons.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is my assessment as well. As of yet I am wondering what is the justification for burning oneself alive in protest? What issue are you raising? That Trump won the election and your unhinged about it?

Has anyone been thrown into prison? Has there been any attacks? Shockingly enough considering the reported "WAVE OF HATE" that the Trumpacaust was supposed to bring, so far the hatred and violence has been almost (I say almost because something somewhere might have happened) a series of attacks against either Trump supporters or people who are of an ethnic group that voted heavily for Trump.

It seems thus far the only people who need to raise awareness are Trumps own damn voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda disappointed there's been no "We didnt start the fire" song quote yet. Shame on your puns, and on your puns family! (a year in the Hunger Games community made develop a darker sense of humor)

but on a serious note, hope he'll be ok. Also, hope he had health insurance. I cant imagine how desperate he felt though, because that is an extreme form of protesting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    And who is the supreme judge on what warrants extreme forms of protests and what doesn't? The guy felt very strongly about the issue, to the point of being willing to sacrifice his life for some cause. I think it deserves respect, even if you disagree with his reasons.
    He really did not try though, in the video was his hair soaked in gas? It looks like he maybe used a bit of lighter fluid set his arm on fire then took off his jacket. It wasn't serious at all and was simply trying to get on the news. He knew he was safe thats the major difference imo

Deleted
    but on a serious note, hope he'll be ok. Also, hope he had health insurance. I cant imagine how desperate he felt though, because that is an extreme form of protesting.
    There is a whole host of other reasons as to why he might have done this aside from "desperation". Especially given the country he is living in, I find it hard to be very sympathethic to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    There is a whole host of other reasons as to why he might have done this aside from "desperation". Especially given the country he is living in, I find it hard to be very sympathethic to him.
    I just have an over abundance of empathy, so its hard for me to feel nothing when it comes to most other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    He really did not try though, in the video was his hair soaked in gas? It looks like he maybe used a bit of lighter fluid set his arm on fire then took off his jacket. It wasn't serious at all and was simply trying to get on the news. He knew he was safe thats the major difference imo
    Perhaps. My point is, it is not up to any of us to judge what form of protest is warranted. All people are different, with different sensitivity, feeling differently about different issues. Some are okay with living in a North Korean labor camp, others will risk a lot over an issue minor by other people's standards.

I just have an over abundance of empathy, so its hard for me to feel nothing when it comes to most other people.
    Your actually feeling sympathy. Empathy means you can see it from their perspective
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Your actually feeling sympathy. Empathy means you can see it from their perspective
    ok then, sympathy. Although, I can do empathy too, being that its super easy to put myself in their shoes and then feel what they feel. Gets rather annoying, actually.

ok then, sympathy. Although, I can do empathy too, being that its super easy to put myself in their shoes and then feel what they feel. Gets rather annoying, actually.
    Yeah, the toughest part is not letting sympathy significantly alter your mood, behavior etc...
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek