Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So there's some real feral tears on the Official US general forum, but not much here?

What's the deal? Are ferals as lame as the huge topic suggests? Or as fine as the quiet here infers?

Edit:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#sample=7

Ok so they're pretty crap bottom in every percentile 75 and up sofar, bar being 2nd last in one.
    Last edited by neiljwd; 2017-01-18 at 03:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always felt that these spreadsheets are made for a very marginal group of people.
    I don't know what should I do with this information since I can almost guarantee I will not be the last in DPS in the dungeons/raids I run.
    So some simulation shows numbers, so what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    I've always felt that these spreadsheets are made for a very marginal group of people.
    I don't know what should I do with this information since I can almost guarantee I will not be the last in DPS in the dungeons/raids I run.
    So some simulation shows numbers, so what?
    Well, the data shown in the link does not come from simulations but from logs.
    There is always room for changes as it was only the logs from the first night of raid, still not looking so good for ferals

Deleted
    Thats not simmed dps, thats an aggregation of all the actual parses so far from Nighthold. And feral is dead last alongside frost mages, by a pretty wide margin

Personally I dont care about feral dps, that spec has been dead to me since the start of cataclysm. But its pretty easy to see that something is messed up...

Deleted
    There are a lot of possibilities for feraldruids nowadays. If you switch to rogue, DH or monk, you can transmog your feral after the raid with nice leather nonset pieces for dalaran posing.

Nighthold requires a lot of talent swaps from feral (not just to pad) and the generic ST build everyone sims against does not do particularly well across the board, so there's a chance of some movement once the swaps are better known.

... but yeah, 7.1.5 hasn't been good to us. They took a lot of power out of legendaries and put it into base classes, but our legendaries were always pretty flat meaning we just got left behind relative to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by neiljwd View Post
    What's the deal? Are ferals as lame as the huge topic suggests? Or as fine as the quiet here infers?

Edit:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#sample=7

Ok so they're pretty crap bottom in every percentile 75 and up sofar, bar being 2nd last in one.
    To make it sound even worse, we hit rock bottom starting in the 40 percentile and going that way to the 99% percentile only swapping to second to last once.

Quote Originally Posted by lotj View Post
    Nighthold requires a lot of talent swaps from feral (not just to pad) and the generic ST build everyone sims against does not do particularly well across the board, so there's a chance of some movement once the swaps are better known.

... but yeah, 7.1.5 hasn't been good to us. They took a lot of power out of legendaries and put it into base classes, but our legendaries were always pretty flat meaning we just got left behind relative to everyone else.
    What bosses/which talents? It's my understanding that at least BT is fixed, and Incarnation isn't good still until you get the CD reduction trinket. Outside of that, BS is still slightly ahead of LI except where there's a lot of long-lived cleave.

Deleted
    After doing Nighthold HC today, I'm fairly confident that feral is USELESS. Mediocre-bottom single target, bottom burst dmg, very bottom aoe ... there is no reason to take a feral over another DH. On top of that pretty much worst 2/4 set ... I can only hope that they will buff something soon. I was using typical SR / BT build for most bosses and got 890 ilvl equipped.
    Last edited by mmoc0ac3e29c9a; 2017-01-18 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    What bosses/which talents? It's my understanding that at least BT is fixed, and Incarnation isn't good still until you get the CD reduction trinket. Outside of that, BS is still slightly ahead of LI except where there's a lot of long-lived cleave.
    CoF doesn't reduce Incarn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanoth View Post
    CoF doesn't reduce Incarn.
    Incarn replaces berserk when specced into it, so yes it does?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    Incarn replaces berserk when specced into it, so yes it does?
    It never reduced the cd of incarn on PTR and people are reporting it doesn't on the druid discord for live.

I believe it's supposed to, it reduced berserk, and berserk is replaced with incarn when its taken

Sounds like another bug that needs reporting

I reported it along with the predatory swiftness visual bug over a month ago on ptr.
    I reported it again the second 7.1.5 launched.

Most likely not a large enough scale of reports for Blizzard to care. At least the travel form bug got fixed which was probably due to it hitting every druid spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanoth View Post
    I reported it along with the predatory swiftness visual bug over a month ago on ptr.
    I reported it again the second 7.1.5 launched.

Most likely not a large enough scale of reports for Blizzard to care. At least the travel form bug got fixed which was probably due to it hitting every druid spec.
    This is what really buggers me. They have bugs, KNOWN and reported bugs. Still needs more reports? What a piece of a shit company.
    Drop the mass production of useless toys and shit - Fix bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tun View Post
    Thats not simmed dps, thats an aggregation of all the actual parses so far from Nighthold. And feral is dead last alongside frost mages, by a pretty wide margin

Personally I dont care about feral dps, that spec has been dead to me since the start of cataclysm. But its pretty easy to see that something is messed up...
    Ferals were at their absolute best at the start of the Cataclysm

Deleted
    I played feral all of WotLK, it was just time to do something else.. and ye, I played _a lot_ in WotLK. When you think "hehe ye ok so you played a lot", no. I played more. Much, much more.... I've played my druid since launch. Resto in vanilla, feral in tbc (tank), feral in wotlk (dps), tank/heal in cata, feral in mop (worst... that fucking stat-swap trinket...), resto in wod and now tank/heal in legion

15+ Year Old Account
    Rerolled DH for the luls.. it is infinitely better than feral.. DPS increase on inturupt AoE stun, Raid Survival CD, more DPS on an easier rotation. More survivability..

Yes, feral seems really bad. Our feral went from being top or close to top on single target, to mid-bottom. Having multiple fights with adds and switching doesnt' help either. As DH I'm like 130k above him on every single boss (more then 600k difference on Scorp). On top of that, they don't bring much to the raid except for a very mediocre sprint.
    It's like the only reason to play feral now is to have a cute cat form.