10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    As if this was ever a realistic strategy. The best ranged will get overstacked, like every tier ever since WF raiding started morphing into what it is today.
    By overstacking I mean preferring a specific class for a role. Like having mostly mages as ranged in HFC. Not stacking 10 Rets.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    By overstacking I mean preferring a specific class for a role. Like having mostly mages as ranged in HFC. Not stacking 10 Rets.
    You don't stack melee. Ever.

I made an edit to clarify what I meant. I will repost it here.

I assert the following: Never again will there be more than 3 of a single melee spec on a world first kill unless it involves an exploit like feral druid dots on heroic Nefarian. There will be fights in the future, possibly this tier, where 3 or more of the same ranged spec is stacked without an exploit being the reason for the stacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    You don't stack melee. Ever.
    Ok, it's apparently very hard to understand what i mean: out of, say, 4 or 5 melee spots, all or nearly all of them would be Ret if Ret were too strong. Overstacking Ret. Understandable?

Obviously there are precious few fights where you would be able to stack more melee than average, common sense application is assumed here.

Deleted
    out of, say, 4 or 5 melee spots, all or nearly all of them would be Ret if Ret were too strong. Overstacking Ret. Understandable?
    how is that different to the lets say blackhand mythic? 4 melees all rogue. that was ok? but if it would mean 4 rets than it's bad?

Ok, it's apparently very hard to understand what i mean: out of, say, 4 or 5 melee spots, all or nearly all of them would be Ret if Ret were too strong. Overstacking Ret. Understandable?

Obviously there are precious few fights where you would be able to stack more melee than average, common sense application is assumed here.
    Apparently it's very hard to grasp that stacking Ret on any fight with lots of movement and/or target switching is slightly fething dumb idea.
    Guess what kinds of fights we are facing in CN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    how is that different to the lets say blackhand mythic? 4 melees all rogue. that was ok? but if it would mean 4 rets than it's bad?
    No? Anytime that happens it's not great.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently it's very hard to grasp that stacking Ret on any fight with lots of movement and/or target switching is slightly fething dumb idea.
    Guess what kinds of fights we are facing in CN.
    Except i've cleared normal and heroic already and Ret is strong for like 80% of the fights in there. The rest we are passable, but not great on. Ret is one of the few specs that can pull decent numbers on AoE, ST AND Cleave. Overall one of the stronger options for NH atm.

No? Anytime that happens it's not great.

- - - Updated - - -

Except i've cleared normal and heroic already and Ret is strong for like 80% of the fights in there. The rest we are passable, but not great on. Ret is one of the few specs that can pull decent numbers on AoE, ST AND Cleave. Overall one of the stronger options for NH atm.
    Oh yes,indeed.
    Ret is very strong on skorpything and vacuum cleaner.
    Sure as sure.
    I suggest you stack ret on these fights and report on the result.

I understood that, which is why I said we won't see 3+ rets. In fact, we likely won't see 3+ of any melee ever again because of DH. Before Legion, the only melee you saw that with was rogue, and that seemed to happen every other tier or so.

Ret is not specialized enough to see much play in WF kills. Ret does not have strong enough utility either. If you look at any individual job in a raid, ret is not the best at doing any of them, it can just perform them all adequately.

I don't think that is a particularly awful niche to have, the Jack of all trades, but it guarantees rets will not be stacked with the current class design.

Furthermore, ret has never been involved in a world first end boss kill. Let that sink in for a moment. I think this self flagellation is fucking stupid when we have literally never ever ever ever ever ever been good enough for our class to be used in a kill that matters. Ever. In the entire history of the game. If a melee need to be reined in, it is rogues, like always. And possibly Demon Hunters, because they're AoE rogues.

- - - Updated - - -

Are ret and vengeance the only specs in the game that have not seen play in a world first end boss kill? Enhance was used on Margok and I think every rogue spec was the best at one time or another.

Well to be correct, Ret was seen in one if the recent WF kills.
    Don't remember the boss, but the fact stands.
    Along with the fact that it was the first fething time Ret participated in a WF kill over 12 years of this postule of a game existing.

Well to be correct, Ret was seen in one if the recent WF kills.
    Don't remember the boss, but the fact stands.
    Along with the fact that it was the first fething time Ret participated in a WF kill over 12 years of this postule of a game existing.
    Wasn't an end boss, which is what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Wasn't an end boss, which is what I was talking about.
    Oh well, then. It might be somewhat disheartening, but when balanced, you = a solid choice for farming of already conquered content, which is ofcourse very great and appreciated.

Deleted
    Oh well, then. It might be somewhat disheartening, but when balanced, you = a solid choice for farming of already conquered content, which is ofcourse very great and appreciated.
    I for my part take pride in beeing the backbone in any farm run to equip our progress raiders. #second-lowest-ilvl-in-raid

I for my part take pride in beeing the backbone in any farm run to equip our progress raiders. #second-lowest-ilvl-in-raid
    On my part, I was told there is this thing called relics.
    But do they happen to exist at lvl bonus higher than 48?
    Have you seen them recently?

Deleted
    On my part, I was told there is this thing called relics.
    But do they happen to exist at lvl bonus higher than 48?
    Have you seen them recently?
    running around with a 913 ashbringer. the xavius fire relic is not a myth! it exists!

running around with a 913 ashbringer. the xavius fire relic is not a myth! it exists!
    896 Assbringer here with overall 876 ilvl.
    I am slightly disappointed, to be honest.

Wow, people are seriously overreacting. We are absolutely great in Nighthold without the trinket, yet people act as if the spec itself had been gimped. Grow up...
    Yeah how dare we complain about 2 raids in a row where a 5 man trinket is better than 95% of the raid's offerings. The fucking nerve right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Yeah how dare we complain about 2 raids in a row where a 5 man trinket is better than 95% of the raid's offerings. The fucking nerve right?
    please do tell what are those 5%?

Quote Originally Posted by toby wong View Post
    No thing in this world will force me to farm HoV.