Poll: Scariest Horror Villain

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCO Readycheck View Post
    100% Freddy.

That's no more scary than being diagnosed with a terminal disease and given a rough time of death. At least you have an end date and some clarity with that bint.
    Well it is worse. You may turn into a evil ghoust yourself (yokai), if you get killed like that. Maybe even a demon due to negative energy corruption.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Rule #1: A horror movie villain is not all that interesting, or even scary, unless he can do something that us lowly humans can't (so my vote goes to Freddy).
    Rule #2: The only exception to rule #1 is when the villain turns out to be the protagonist, but the movie plays in such a way that we believe them to be the victim the entire time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well it is worse. You may turn into a evil ghoust yourself (yokai), if you get killed like that. Maybe even a demon due to negative energy corruption.
    Forgive me, I've never actually watched the ring. Never appealed to me but that being said...

Being a ghost or demon sounds amazing. If the doctor said to me, "Dave, you have a terminal illness, you have 6 months left but chances are instead of death you will turn in to an immortal demon on the netherworld" I would be totally psyched for that shiz.

I want to add that nobody ever gives Pinhead the respect he deserves.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by MCO Readycheck View Post
    Forgive me, I've never actually watched the ring. Never appealed to me but that being said...

Being a ghost or demon sounds amazing. If the doctor said to me, "Dave, you have a terminal illness, you have 6 months left but chances are instead of death you will turn in to an immortal demon on the netherworld" I would be totally psyched for that shiz.
    The only problem is that it wouldn't be you.

That "thing" in the red mackintosh at the end of Don't Look Now scared the shit out of me as a kid.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Michael Myers pre-Rob Zombie shitfest that was the remake.
    The first Halloween is the best horror film of all time for many reasons, but the primary ones being you don't actually see Myers for most of the film, you just know he's lurking and could get you at any point, you really had no idea why he is doing what he is doing, which adds a bigger level of terror, not to mention out of all of them, he's probably the closest to realistic as you get; just a crazy dude murdering the shit out of people with a kitchen knife for what seems like no reason other than you might be related or in the way.

Freddy is just too tongue-in-cheek to really be horrific, Jason was okay in the beginning but got out of control in the later films (as with basically all horror villains, really).
    Leatherface is awesome and would be my #2 due to the level of realism and that dinner scene in the first one made my skin crawl, and Chucky would pull in at #3 for the sole fact that I watched it when I was young and it fucked me up pretty good for creepy dolls. The timing was bad, so after watching Child's Play, a few days later my Teddy Ruxpin's batteries were running low and he started talking all low pitched and creepily blinking slowly (due to not enough juice for it to operate properly) and I thought he was about to come alive and end me at any point.

No one will top Michael Meyers, sorry.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Freddy comes after you in your dreams.

The others are regular humans who escape death through the power of convenient writing or never-explained magic powers.

Oh, and a doll.

If I can pick one from outside the list - the "monster" from It Follows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    good thing VCR's are a thing of the past then :P
    The Ring 7: Evil Goes Digital.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    1. Pennywise (It)
    2. Lord of Darkness (Legend)
    3. Kurt Barlow (Salem's Lot)
    4. Nun (The Conjuring 2)
    5. The Thing (The Thing)

Honorable mentions: Pumpkinhead (Pumpkinhead), Freddy Krueger (A Nightmare on Elm Street), Henry Kane (Poltergeist 2) and Pinhead (Hellraiser).
    So freddy then, since hes the only one the OP actually asked about mentioned on your list.

:OT Freddy of course. Can't kill him, can only delay the inevitable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The Ring 7: Evil Goes Digital.
    Sadly enough that's pretty much the plot of the next Ring movie for real.

Freddy Krueger, hands down. I always H.A.T.E.D the kind of horror movies where the villain was "immortal"... Not because I found it to be scary, but because I knew "beating" them in one movie didn't mean shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Sadly enough that's pretty much the plot of the next Ring movie for real.
    Sigh.

I guess it won't be long before Ring X: Samara Innnnnn Spaaaaaaace...

I think there are more real human beings who are more horrific and terrifying than these cheesy horror movie icons.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I want to add that nobody ever gives Pinhead the respect he deserves.
    You sir are mistaken as we are all giving him proper respect by not talking about him thus cause more nightmares and trauma. Just the movie poster alone creeped me out before I ever saw I single one of those movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    So freddy then, since hes the only one the OP actually asked about mentioned on your list.
    That's what my vote indicates, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I think there are more real human beings who are more horrific and terrifying than these cheesy horror movie icons.
    Some of them are cheesy in colour too.

I thought Freddy was the least scary to deal with. Its a dream, if he comes near I'll just cut him up with my light-saber.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I thought Freddy was the least scary to deal with. Its a dream, if he comes near I'll just cut him up with my light-saber.
    Then each piece of him sprouts it's own light saber and he keeps coming after you. Every piece you cut off grows lightsabers of it's own. Good luck with that plan, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well because I wont trip on my own feet I can escape like all of these, because they can only walk... Exept Freddy, so he is my choice. He is more or less a god in the dream world and I will probably die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    You need to see Dream Warriors