Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    It's a pretty shitty attitude. Numerous reasons why someone would be taking public transport at any age, and it doesn't mean they fail at life, as you so wonderfully put it.

Says more about you, if you truly think like this, than those you are demeaning.
    I dunno, if your 30+ and you can't afford to either own and run a car or get taxi's any place you need to be. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I've known people who make six figures and have some very nice cars, but still preferred to take public transportation for their basic commuting needs because they lived in cities and driving is a pain in the ass.
    To be fair I was gonna throw in the line about "geography will affect this"

Canada possibly has nice public transport. UK.... ehhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I dunno, if your 30+ and you can't afford to either own and run a car or get taxi's any place you need to be. . .
    People in cities rarely drive unless work demands it

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I use a big wheelchair and I take up 2 seats max so yes you're exaggerating to ridiculous propositions

- - - Updated - - -

Err that picture shows a single wheelchair will take up two seats (3 at a push)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure newborns shouldn't really be travelling on public transport
    It very much depends on the design of the bus. On our busses, depending on which side you're on, you take 4-5 seats, plus any standee room, so I'd say up to 7 is reasonable if you are on a crowded route. It doesn't matter though because that's reserved for you anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    The mother of the baby was being selfish and should have moved when asked. You can move your baby without waking them, the mother just didn't want to deal with a cranky child.
    Selfish, if she only had a stroller.. Not selfish, if she had a pram (large ass baby carriage.. bigger than wheelchairs, and not easily folded.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    Selfish, if she only had a stroller.. Not selfish, if she had a pram (large ass baby carriage.. bigger than wheelchairs, and not easily folded.
    Again you probably shouldn't be using public transportation if you only have large ass carriages, regardless this is irrelevant WHEELCHAIR BAY is for Wheelchair's only

Well I find you very ignorant, as there can be multiple reason to why someone may not own or use their own car.

Medical reasons for one, My Dad couldn't learn to drive until he was well into his 40's. Because of Epilepsy, he certainly wasn't a failure.

A friend suffers from Anxiety issues and driving is one of the things that causes her to go into overload, she is very successful in her life!

You also have people that live in cities, where it makes more sense to take public transport.

Heck some people just prefer public transport, don't want or have the inclination to drive, their lives aren't fail.

Again you probably shouldn't be using public transportation if you only have large ass carriages, regardless this is irrelevant WHEELCHAIR BAY is for Wheelchair's only
    Yeah, cause people with babies, should not be allowed to travel around..

And no it's not irrelevent. The topic was about, whether or not it's fair to make people with a pram move for people in a wheelchair.. considering the only option on a crowded bus, is for the pram to be moved off the bus. I do not think it is fair..
    Last edited by Quibble; 2017-01-19 at 04:38 PM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Most mothers I know, when they have their babies in the larger Prams, they are usually out walking to wherever they go with them, when they need to use public transport or traveling in the car, they take a fold up pram/buggy suitable for a baby (as apposed to a toddler buggy).

I still believe that Wheelchair users should have priority. Though it's been a while since I used a Bus, I do remember that the open bays at the front had a sticker, that said they were priority for prams/wheelchairs and elderly passengers, there wasn't a singular priority given. This is in Scotland on First Buses, I don't know if that has changed over the years (Literally haven't used a bus for about 15 years ><)

Thank god over here, it's designated as for both on a first come, first serve basis.

Deleted
    Yeah, cause people with babies, should not be allowed to travel around..

And no it's not irrelevent. The topic was about, whether or not it's fair to make people with a pram move for people in a wheelchair.. considering the only option on a crowded bus, is for the pram to be moved of the bus. I do not think it is fair..
    The thread is about enforcing rules. The rules say wheelchair bays are reserved for wheelchair users. Don't want to be moved don't break rules it's very simple. And no the option is the mother fold her pram and hold her child or wait for another

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Good. people choose to have babies, nobody chooses to be disabled and wheelchair bound.
    you took the words right out of my mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Most mothers I know, when they have their babies in the larger Prams, they are usually out walking to wherever they go with them, when they need to use public transport or traveling in the car, they take a fold up pram/buggy suitable for a baby (as apposed to a toddler buggy).
    Exactly it's just common sense

10+ Year Old Account
    It is only first come first serve for strollers.
    If someone in a wheel chair gets on the bus GTFO.

I have three kids, and yes it would be an inconvenience to move the baby and fold up the stroller, but come on.....

Could you imagine someone bringing a chair into a movie theater and sitting in the wheelchair spot? Lol what is wrong with people? Obviously you don't occupy the wheelchair spot unless you have a wheelchair; it's really not that complicated.

But still fold-able, even if it wasn't it can be moved out of the way, the wheelchair cannot.

The thread is about enforcing rules.
    No it wasn't?

Now in general I support the idea that people should move out of the wheelchair area. But prams can generally only use the same space on most buses. Do you think wheelchair users should take priority over babies? Do you agree with the notion that first come, first served does not apply here?
    This is the OP.. this is what the thread was about.. Whether or not, wheelchair users should take priority over babies (which are normally transported in prams, and not strollers)..

And they should not.. Prams should count the same as a wheelchair..
    Strollers, which are normally easy to fold, you can ask to be moved.. You can't move a fucking pram, since you would have to move it off the bus. And you being disabled, does not give you more right to ride the bus than someone else..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Could you imagine someone bringing a chair into a movie theater and sitting in the wheelchair spot? Lol what is wrong with people? Obviously you don't occupy the wheelchair spot unless you have a wheelchair; it's really not that complicated.
    I have actually encountered a woman park a pram in a cinema wheelchair bay and couldn't believe it

- - - Updated - - -

No it wasn't?

This is the OP.. this is what the thread was about.. Whether or not, wheelchair users should take priority over babies (which are normally transported in prams, and not strollers)..

And they should not.. Prams should count the same as a wheelchair..
    Strollers, which are normally easy to fold, you can ask to be moved.. You can't move a fucking pram, since you would have to move it off the bus. And you being disabled, does not give you more right to ride the bus than someone else..
    Then you obviously didn't read the article

- - - Updated - - -

The ruling means that bus drivers will have to do more to ensure wheelchair users can get on buses, by pressuring non-wheelchair users to move from the designated wheelchair space.

We actually sold our car last year after my father died, not because we could not afford it, but because travel by public transportation/walking is just cheaper. We take a taxi if we want to go places outside of reach/need to get somewhere asap, but we have a bus stop literally right out the front gate.

P.S.: whoo I am being quoted in a signature.

No. No where is it clearly stated..

Do you mean this:

or this:

Just because OP calls it a wheelchair area, doesn't really tell me what the rules are for that area is in England, or if it's even a "wheelchair ONLY" area..
    Are you completely incapable of comprehending words and context? Wait, considering you quoted the commentary made by the OP and not the article quoted earlier, i.e. the part that actually contained the second sentence, yes you are (also got problem with counting apparently). The article is about England. And as I said, the second sentence talks about spaces designated for wheelchairs (doesn't say if it's even a "wheelchair ONLY" area indeed). Logic dictates that due to said sentence not mentioning other countries, it was as about England as the rest of the story and was not referring to the state of bus areas in Zimbabwe or Alaska. Holy fucking shit, that was hard. I feel exhausted now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.