Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alt gets 2 940's in back to back heroic's

Is this some sort of joke ? is the RNG really this garbage ? Don't get me wrong a part of me is happy, the other part is pissed. It took a long ass time to get my 1st 895 on my main like 2 1/2 months with loads of Mythic+ 3 chests etc and I literally JUST got my 2nd 2 weeks ago. This alt has a whopping 2 days played at 110 and they drop from damn heroic's?

Is it possible that Legendary RNG/Bad Luck BS mechanic is gated behind entire account performance rather than individual character ? This just isn't right for hardcore raiders or other people who have alot of time invested on a main.

Has anyone else seen an influx of 940's dropping ? As far as I can tell no one is rocking 2 940's.

I'm so conflicted with this mess, there HAS to be a better way!

no you just got really lucky, go buy a lotto ticket or something or farm rare mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Twittch View Post
    Is this some sort of joke ? is the RNG really this garbage ?
    It's not garbage. It's random. Yes, that means sometimes absurd things will happen, in exactly the same way that sometimes somebody wins the Powerball even though the odds are something like 1 to 150,000,000 against. That is as intended.

Is it possible that Legendary RNG/Bad Luck BS mechanic is gated behind entire account performance rather than individual character ?
    We don't work for Blizzard so there's no way of knowing, but I doubt it. Doing so would make it more and more likely that your ACCOUNT got a high-level item, but that shouldn't be the goal; the goal should be to make sure the character you're playing gets one proportional to the time you're putting in to him. I'm sure Blizzard is smart enough to know that.

Also absurdly lucky (and unlucky) things have been happening in the expansion all along.

Has anyone else seen an influx of 940's dropping ? As far as I can tell no one is rocking 2 940's.
    If you're talking straight-up 940s (not legendaries) then I haven't seen one at all. I didn't even know they were supposed to be possible yet from the Titanforge system.

If you're talking Legendaries that now drop at 940, I've seen them at about the same clip I saw legendaries drop previously.

I'm so conflicted with this mess, there HAS to be a better way!
    Well, I agree there. I think the warforge system has gotten out of hand.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Assigning a qualitative assessment like "garbage" to RNG is nonsensical, if I may add. Random literally means random. It can't be more or less "garbage" or whatever, it is what it is - random.

Ultimately, you're bitching about getting lucky and receiving nice things, so, please.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Assigning a qualitative assessment like "garbage" to RNG is nonsensical, if I may add. Random literally means random. It can't be more or less "garbage" or whatever, it is what it is - random.

Ultimately, you're bitching about getting lucky and receiving nice things, so, please.
    So many times this.

RNG is RNG. This is what we wanted, Blizzard provided, it's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the tanks in my guild got two legendaries on his alt last night a couple hours apart. Crazy shit.

Deleted
    I assume when you say 940 you mean Legendaries. Blizzard has stated in their QA that they increase the chance of Legendaries every patch as time goes on, so yes, your first characters will have taken longer on average.

Also as people said random is random and you got lucky, however, let's not be ready to say that Blizzard is perfect and their system is 100% random (which is just a raw assumption on our part). They have had issues in the past with increased drop chance if you already had one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Assigning a qualitative assessment like "garbage" to RNG is nonsensical, if I may add.
    I disagree.

RNG can be implemented in many different ways.
    The whole (lack of) design behind the Legendary RNG is garbage.

It could be RNG and still make you feel like your skill, effort, make a significative difference.
    Instead, luck is the undisputable most important factor.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

First, grats on the drops. I opened up new legendary shoulders on Tuesday, so I benched my 910 belt in favor of them + ring that I'll upgrade hopefully tomorrow thanks to essence drops. I also received legendary bracers on my hunter alt after killing humongris the next day (I also got an 880 cloak and bonus rolled new gloves ) RNG is truly RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    I disagree.

RNG can be implemented in many different ways.
    The whole (lack of) design behind the Legendary RNG is garbage.
    That is because the expectation of the player base. "It is okay if I get it due to luck but not you because I am better you blah blah."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Speak for yourself Embriel.

Assigning a qualitative assessment like "garbage" to RNG is nonsensical, if I may add.
    Ehhh, surely that depends on "how random" the RNG is. You could say the RNG in Hearthstone is 'garbage' when cards like Firelands Portal or Yogg-Saron totally turn a game around; but the RNG of the card draw is more acceptable because it can be influenced by the mulligan and deck composition...

If you aren't familiar with Hearthstone I can come up with a similar example; but in WoW not all "randomness" is equal; so calling an aspect of it as garbage seems fair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    First, grats on the drops. I opened up new legendary shoulders on Tuesday, so I benched my 910 belt in favor of them + ring that I'll upgrade hopefully tomorrow thanks to essence drops. I also received legendary bracers on my hunter alt after killing humongris the next day (I also got an 880 cloak and bonus rolled new gloves ) RNG is truly RNG.
    On the other side of the spectrum, I cleared 6 nighthold bosses yesterday with 2 bonus rolls + rolling on 4 items people passed on, lost them all (3 rolls lower than 20) bar a bonus roll which I can't use because stats aren't good (ring) But RNG is RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by GameSpoon View Post
    That is because the expectation of the player base. "It is okay if I get it due to luck but not you because I am better you blah blah."
    This isn't an unfair expectation of a video game...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Both my alts got 940 legendaries from Humongris on Tuesday; haven't seen on one my main.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    On the other side of the spectrum, I cleared 6 nighthold bosses yesterday with 2 bonus rolls + rolling on 4 items people passed on, lost them all (3 rolls lower than 20) bar a bonus roll which I can't use because stats aren't good (ring) But RNG is RNG.
    That sounds like most weeks for me. Seriously, I've gone 3 weeks sometimes not seeing a single "good" upgrade on any of my max-level characters, of which I have 7 now (ended last expac with 15).

It's amazing how RNG can work both ways - and make us angry each time. There's waaaayyyy too much RNG in this game. My alt shammy has really good luck and has run EM normal twice and has a 874 ilvl. My hunter main has run H EM many times and has a 873 ilvl. I'm not happy about either one.

I think you misunderstand, there have been issues where early on People who got initial 895 Legendaries had an increased chance to get more. I'm confused as if maybe something like this has happened again.

I've played the game since Vanilla I've been in top 50 us guilds on and off from Vanilla-Wrath. I know what's entailed to being a hardcore progressive player. Obviously, I'm at a point in my life where the more casual play style suits me better, So if I'm bitching it's certainly on behalf of those people to dedicate far more time to this than I do.

In the end, it won't matter at the rapid rate which we get essences there's a high chance that so long as you do a +2 or higher you can upgrade your legendaries every week without even stepping in NH. Well soon forget what 910 legendaries were much like we did when they were 895's.

I just thought it was very strange that they came with in 30 minutes of one another from weak content.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    LMFAO!!
    ...Forreal though, my ass FELL OFF. Dear god PLEASE someone take me to ER theres so much blood!