Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[TV] Reccomend a Star Trek episode (any series)

I love TNG but I've seen them all a million times. I've seen most of TOS, most of DS9, probably half of VOY, never seen ENT.

Just got done watching VOY S7 E5 "Critical Care" and thought it was pretty good ("The Doctor is kidnapped from Voyager by an alien who sells him and his mobile emitter to a hospital hovering above a densely populated planet").

My all-time favorites are from Next Generation: "Darmok," "Lower Decks," "The Inner Light," "The Best of Both Worlds," "Unification," and "Data's Day"

Watch the Futurama Star Trek episode with the cloud fanboy.

DS9-In the Pale Moonlight

I can't swear that it's the best Trek episode ever made...but it's certainly near the top of the list at the very least.

Voyager Episode "Timeless"

Voyager - Equinox
    Voyager - Year of Hell
    TNG - Disaster
    TNG - The Game
    TNG - Night Terrors
    Voyager - Imperfection
    Voyager - Relativity
    Last edited by drakensoul; 2017-01-19 at 04:01 PM.

I'm a TOS junkie and a huge fan of the movies, so I frequently watch "Space Seed". Amok Time, City on the Edge of Forever, and Mirror, Mirror are also excellent episodes.

Some of the acting is a bit over the top and even hokey at times, but I love the writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Star Trek - The Next Generation: The Inner Light (Season 5, episode 25) - this one actually made me cry a bit, the music is a trigger for me still. Probably Patrick Stewart's best performance on the show and the most human side we ever see of Jean-Luc Picard.

Star Trek - The Next Generation: Elementary, Dear Data (Season 2 episode 3) and Ship in a Bottle (Season 6, episode 12) - two related episodes featuring the artificial intelligence James Moriarty and the definition of life and consciousness.

Star Trek - The Next Generation: "The Measure of a Man" (Season 2, episode 9) - about Data's status as sentient and conscious being put on trial, and the decision on whether he is to be considered a lifeform.

Star Trek - The Next Generation: "Chain of Command, Part 1 and 2" (Season 6, episode 10 & 11)- Captain Picard is abducted, tortured and broken by the Cardassians, with some references to "1984" and human psyche. Also, "THERE. ARE. FOUR. LIGHTS. ". One of Patrick Stewart's better performances.
    Great selection!

I'd also recommend "Data's Day" TNG S4 E11 - A great episode; A report submitted by Data to Prof. Maddox of the Daystrom Instutite about the day in the life of the android. Weddings, skullduggary and Picard drawing a line with the Romulans and coming away with a bloody nose. Throw in a dancing doctor and its almost a perfect episode.

EDIT: Just noticed on your OP you've seen it already! Oh well, maybe someone else will be tempted.
    S4 of TNG really hit its stride and cemented TNG as the best done-in-one series of the franchise in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post

I can't swear that it's the best Trek episode ever made...but it's certainly near the top of the list at the very least.
    You certainly could swear it is the best episode ever made imo lol. It's probably my favourite as well. It's dark and conflicted, Garak shows his true colours and Sisko challenging you the viewer to judge him on his actions, but can you really? Fuckin fantastic episode in all of trek.

DS9's "The Visitor" might be #2, Tony Todd as special guest as an older Jake, the episode is just brilliant.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post

First legitimate post in the thread. You are my hero.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

My favorite Star Trek TNG episodes are the Borg episodes, the Q episodes especially the last episodes which was a 3 parter with the Q. It was called "all good things...".

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Star Trek - The Next Generation: "The Measure of a Man" (Season 2, episode 9) - about Data's status as sentient and conscious being put on trial, and the decision on whether he is to be considered a lifeform.
    This is probably my favourite Star Trek episode and I'm a little salty that you mentioned it before I could :/

Everyone has mostly took all the best TNG episodes but I'll put in another one:
    "The Drumhead"

The best Voyager episode of a mostly forgettable series:
    "Living Witness"

One of the more memorable episodes of Enterprise would have to be:
    "Cogenitor"

And if you haven't seen the Prelude to Axanar you should definitely watch.

TNG: The Measure of a Man, Tin Man, Darmok, The Inner Light, Time's Arrow 1&2
    DS9: In the Pale Moonlight, Improbable Cause, Rapture, Duet, Destiny
    VOY: Scorpion 1&2, Relativity, Renaissance Man, Death Wish, The Killing Game 1&2
    ENT: *crickets*

And yes, In the Pale Moonlight is *the* best Star Trek episode. Anyone claiming otherwise is a faaaaaaake.

I loved all of Enterprise. However you will probably like season 3. It definitely pushed buttons that the other series wouldn't touch.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

TOS: The Devil in the Dark (Season 1, Episode 25) - A truly alien creature which must be observed to be understood... no direct language communication.
    TNG: The Last Outpost (Season 1, Episode 5) - Introduction of the Ferengi... but more importantly shows how compassion has become humanity's defining characteristic.
    TNG: Skin of Evil (Season 1, Episode 23) - The idea of a society being able to cast off their evil... very interesting moral dilemma.
    DS9: The Dominion War (Season 3, Episode 1 - Season 7, Episode 25) - What all out war with an invading force looks like. In the end there are no winners only survivors.
    VOY: Scorpion (Season 3, Episode 26 - Season 4, Episode 1) - Interesting clash between cultures forced to work together. A society that has no soul but adapts quickly versus a society grounded in principles and slow to adapt.
    ENT: The Andorian Incident (Season 1, Episode 7) - Never turn a blind eye to your "friends". The Andorians always seemed rather goofy in TOS. I love this episode for really breathing life into their race.

7+ Year Old Account
    TNG: Season 4, Episode 2. Family.

Watched this a few days ago. Nice to see a human face AFTER the Borg.
    Delmore - Warrior
    Delmoré - Demon Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    TNG: Season 4, Episode 2. Family.

Watched this a few days ago. Nice to see a human face AFTER the Borg.
    You just have to kneel and weep at the skill of Sir Patrick Stewart. That man is an acting genius.

Good to see a lot of the ones I would recommend listed. Will have to think a bit harder to come up with others. I was going to be upset if nobody mentioned In the Pale Moonlight, good to see I'm in good company here. Darmok is another one worth a watch.

7+ Year Old Account
    VOY: Distant Origin.

Quote Originally Posted by 33kamous3 View Post
    My all-time favorites are from Next Generation: "Darmok," "Lower Decks," "The Inner Light," "The Best of Both Worlds," "Unification," and "Data's Day"
    "Darmok" is great, as is "Data's Day". I just watched "Measure of a Man" and "Data's Day" today.

Based on what you have said look for the "Year of Hell" from Voyager, decent 2 parter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    VOY: Distant Origin.
    Thats the Dino one right?
    READ and be less Ignorant.