Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Draught of Souls for Ret?

I got Draught of souls and was wondering if anyone knew how good it was for Ret. I know from talking to Fury warrs that it's one of their better trinks because it works with Enrage/Avatar etc, i was wondering if it would be good during crusade for that same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
    Thank you very much.

Really good for ret but only worth using at 15 stacks of crusade. Also keep in mind that image linked is simmed with a patchwerk fight, it becomes less valuable on AoE fights.
    Last edited by Serendipity_09; 2017-01-18 at 05:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

The list changed. Without CoF its around 3rd or 4th. BiS with CoF if you don't have a high ilvl empowered EoC.

I got an 880 version yesterday and immediately disenchanted it. Just seems strange to have that in our rotation...

Quote Originally Posted by Alexpwns314 View Post
    I got an 880 version yesterday and immediately disenchanted it. Just seems strange to have that in our rotation...
    Well you just did a very big oopsie, its one of the stronger trinkets we have, ESPECIALLY when paired up with CoF from Elisande.

Draught is amazing. You want to use it in the last few seconds of Crusade. the idea is to dump your last spender. Have your generaters on cooldown and then pop draught with 3 seconds remaining. This will keep your dps high and let your generators come out cooldown. Convergence + draught is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSchmuders View Post
    Well you just did a very big oopsie, its one of the stronger trinkets we have, ESPECIALLY when paired up with CoF from Elisande.
    To bad CoF is now worthless to Ret.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSchmuders View Post
    Yeah it's so awesome with that useless stat stick that knocks a whopping 10 sec off Wings now

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Not worthless, more balanced is more like it.

It's no surprise they've nerfed chain and CoF considering there are barely a handful of Rets that did any PTR testing. This was clearly a result of lack of experience with the items on PTR so the balances have to come to live late.

If they ended up nerfing CoF too hard you can bet they'll buff it back a bit but honestly even with the nerf it looks good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy1 View Post
    Draught is amazing. You want to use it in the last few seconds of Crusade. the idea is to dump your last spender. Have your generaters on cooldown and then pop draught with 3 seconds remaining. This will keep your dps high and let your generators come out cooldown. Convergence + draught is amazing.
    That's what I thought. It's actually really nice ST burst. Came in handy on Tich when you get the 30% buff from his 2nd phase.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Talvindius;44233952]Not worthless, more balanced is more like it.

It's no surprise they've nerfed chain and CoF considering there are barely a handful of Rets that did any PTR testing. This was clearly a result of lack of experience with the items on PTR so the balances have to come to live late.

If they ended up nerfing CoF too hard you can bet they'll buff it back a bit but honestly even with the nerf it looks good.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]

Balanced with other trinkets for ret...yes

Balanced with the effect the trinket has for other speccs?... hardly no

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Talvindius;44233952]Not worthless, more balanced is more like it.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1][Quote]

Balanced with other trinkets for ret...yes

Balanced with the effect the trinket has for other speccs?... hardly no

- - - Updated - - -

holy shit i really have to get Chrome on work-pc

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    "Worthless" lelelelel. It's still extremely strong. Don't be salty.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    I don't need to be salty, it just means I have to hang onto EoC/FCM longer. /shrug

15+ Year Old Account
    10 sec off the CD seems far from "extremely strong", especially since that realistically won't make any difference at all in most boss fights.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

"10 sec off wings is still extremely strong"

Spiciest meme of 2017

Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    10 sec off the CD seems far from "extremely strong", especially since that realistically won't make any difference at all in most boss fights.
    10-40seconds a minute.

10-40seconds a minute.
    You are not getting 40 seconds off Wings with this trinket in this state.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    You are not getting 40 seconds off Wings with this trinket in this state.
    In practice, in game, right now. On lucky attempts, yes you are.

Hunters with 2.6 attack speed could drop 1minute 20 off the cd in a 1 minute period on one of the much luckier runs.

Pallys attack a LOT faster with everything up, and in a lot of cases were able to chain wings with lucky attempts with some goofy sets.

With the nerf, that's obviously not nearly possible anymore, but you are still able to drop 40seconds off with luck, usually 25ish on average.

In practice, in game, right now. On lucky attempts, yes you are.

Hunters with 2.6 attack speed could drop 1minute 20 off the cd in a 1 minute period on one of the much luckier runs.

Pallys attack a LOT faster with everything up, and in a lot of cases were able to chain wings with lucky attempts with some goofy sets.

With the nerf, that's obviously not nearly possible anymore, but you are still able to drop 40seconds off with luck, usually 25ish on average.
    You are full of shit. Stop spreading disinformation.