Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Cobrak is streaming right now and... he's not destro.

He himself said destro is dead, guess afflic is next in line.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
    actually fucking sad to see a 2.5 second CAST do less dmg than fucking melees autohits. This games PVP state is actually fucking retarded. Thank god i quit pvp in cata.
    Autoattacks? What server are you playing at, lvl 250 private server?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post
    Oh I meant unplayable in any competitive enviroment. Random plebs like you can probably still go around and have fun with your 1-3 kills in bgs :-)
    I stopped listening to them when they said "landing 3-5 700-900k chaos bolts." If you allow a lock to chain 5 let alone 3 chaos bolts, you deserve to die much less a heal of the same cast time would completely counter 1.5 of those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyLight View Post
    Autoattacks? What server are you playing at, lvl 250 private server?
    ever faced an dh in arena? never got 100-0 so fast in my life. And its impossible to get a cast of playing against that shithole of a class. Stun interrupt stun bloodelf silence interrupt GG WP

Deleted
    ever faced an dh in arena? never got 100-0 so fast in my life. And its impossible to get a cast of playing against that shithole of a class. Stun interrupt stun bloodelf silence interrupt GG WP
    What does that have to do with autoattacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    What does that have to do with autoattacks?
    DH's auto-attacks hit for a shit tonne, sometimes equal if not more than what Chaos Bolt does. That's the problem. Why the hell does a casting attack of ~1.7s hit for equal or less than an auto-attack? It should be doing at least double what an auto-attack does, like how it was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by transparent View Post
    DH's auto-attacks hit for a shit tonne, sometimes equal if not more than what Chaos Bolt does. That's the problem. Why the hell does a casting attack of ~1.7s hit for equal or less than an auto-attack? It should be doing at least double what an auto-attack does, like how it was.
    thats what im saying, and in ADDITION to that its IMPOSSIBLE as a warlock to get any casts off when DH just sticks his blade up your asshole

Quote Originally Posted by transparent View Post
    DH autoattacks don't hit hard. What's hitting you hard is a cooldown called chaos blades which adds shadow damage to those autoattacks. In addition, if they took the demon blades talent, it's another proc of extra shadow damage.

But the autoattack themselves are fairly week.

The damage breakdown for a demonhunter was largely fel rush, bloodlet (from throw glaive) as your top two damage sources, and chaos strike as the third. None of which are autoattacks let alone builders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Haven't had time to play since the patch has went live, but every half decent pvp warlock I've seen has said MG is unpickable before any of the nerfs hit, let alone after, so I'm not sure how seriously I can take this.
    These hotfixes don't really create the impression that balance is tried to be achieved with decent players in mind - also, noone seems to take PvP seriously anymore, anyway... which is sad.

My testing came mainly from random BGs and the spec before nerfs was just.. it's hard to describe. It was fascinating how a spec could be so "strong" but still not competitive.

Melee class, youre basically saying every melee in the game does this
    Dhs, yeah for sure, not to mention SV hunters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vholu View Post
    These hotfixes don't really create the impression that balance is tried to be achieved with decent players in mind - also, noone seems to take PvP seriously anymore, anyway... which is sad.

My testing came mainly from random BGs and the spec before nerfs was just.. it's hard to describe. It was fascinating how a spec could be so "strong" but still not competitive.
    Affliction is very competetive in 3v3s, but you want to run the 20 agony stack talent - having that rolling on 3 players (with options on pets) is just a better gain in general, let alone when you factor in how frequently you'll be interupted in a 3v3, channeling MG for any length is about as reliable as getting these chains of 3+ chaos bolts off. Any half decent team will just interrupt the shit out of you and with how strong melee are, you want to be kiting them around more often than not.

That said, you're probably right - despite Blizzard claiming 3v3s is what pvp is balanced around, Chaosbolt just got a pvp nerf despite destruction being an all but dead spec in 3s - MG would be viable in whatever bizzaro world destro is viable.

afflic warlocks always gets better with time, just like resto druids

<- Multi glad on warlock, druid, and shammy reporting in.

I said it last xpac and I'll say it again this xpac, "I don't feel pvp can get any worse". I haven't enjoyed pvp on a warlock since Mists. The fundamental problem is this:

Melee are extremely easy to play and have OP CDs
    Ranged are harder to play and less margin for error but spammable CCs

In a perfect world with good communication you can pull off lock/mage/spriest/ele sham in 3s b/c you can work and peel around these crazy melee offensive CDs.

The problem? Pvp in this game is a joke, people only play 2s casually for the most part, and melee dps dominate that bracket with insane openers due to CD reliance.

Deleted
    The new "viable" spec for destruction in any decent player enviroment is now a spec where you take chaos bolt off your bars, in some few cases you use the shards for rain of fire.

Good job Holinka !

It't really funny to see someone defending those retarded nerfs. Warlocks sufferend nerfs in pvp since pre patch cause of melee whine. Meanwhile all melee classes have mongoloid damage and can 100-0 you in 5 seconds. With 7.1.5 it got even more retarded because it seems that Faillinka started to balance game around rbgs and 2s.

Also if you talk about warlock pvp. We're the only class without baseline interrupt. We have no stun. They completely removed mobility. They continue remove more and more damage from all specs. They promised double down on our strengths (tankiness) and nerfed it to oblivion. Meanwhile most op rogue spec got blind baseline, frost mages got more buffs, warriors got buffs, monks got buffs. You should carefully pick your team mates and your communication should be at almost god lvl to play lock competitive but you always can pick any melee and rdruid and mongo to 2200 without voice.

Deleted
    Well, they couldn't do these nerfs as long as Shadowburn was still in its old form because people would have just switched to that.

Now shadowburn is no option any more, so: Finally Blizzard can get the nerfs through that they always wanted. Who cares if they make sense or not...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    It't really funny to see someone defending those retarded nerfs. Warlocks sufferend nerfs in pvp since pre patch cause of melee whine. Meanwhile all melee classes have mongoloid damage and can 100-0 you in 5 seconds. With 7.1.5 it got even more retarded because it seems that Faillinka started to balance game around rbgs and 2s.
    Honestly, affliction felt pretty damn strong in 7.1.5 before the pvp changes hit.
    I'm surprised by how big the nerfs feel though, I didn't think they were THAT big but the increase to health pools, decrease to dps primary stats and the 50% nerf to our execute damage is making it feel really damn hard to actually finish anyone.

Talking to some high rated people last night who said their friends list was becoming very light on warlocks and that some of the ones that were still around had started to switch to destro. Not sure I see going destro as fixing the problem considering that was nerfed and already pretty bad against any team that could interupt, but if it's true then affliction must have been hit harder than I thought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Honestly, affliction felt pretty damn strong in 7.1.5 before the pvp changes hit.
    I'm surprised by how big the nerfs feel though, I didn't think they were THAT big but the increase to health pools, decrease to dps primary stats and the 50% nerf to our execute damage is making it feel really damn hard to actually finish anyone.

Talking to some high rated people last night who said their friends list was becoming very light on warlocks and that some of the ones that were still around had started to switch to destro. Not sure I see going destro as fixing the problem considering that was nerfed and already pretty bad against any team that could interupt, but if it's true then affliction must have been hit harder than I thought.
    Yeah currently chaos bolt crits for a little over 200k .. It is simply never worth to cast it better to just spam cast incinerate, game play just went from something interesting to the most boring shit ever only spamming 1 button standing still every game.