Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    I know current devastator brings in an extra game play mechanic trying not to override procs but I'm really surprised that blizzard implemented it in a way that needs an addon to use optimally.

Would you prefer the current version or one that illuminated the need for the weak aura?

How exactly I'm not too sure.
    We've often required addons to play optimally. It's no different. Just a different thing to track. In the past classes such as warriors had to track swing timers to play optimally anyways.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

For any sort of M+ or such environment where aoe damage is a concern, the waiting is probly not worth it in the big picture. On a hard hitting raid boss there is probably some theoretical gain, but I agree with some of the posters that it would be a relevant question how large the actually is apart from rough estimates such as "fairly significant".

Test it on a training dummy, how long can you stay alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombervain View Post
    Test it on a training dummy, how long can you stay alive?
    This could vary heavily based on the procs in the specific test(s), so it would be anectodal evidence at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    We've often required addons to play optimally. It's no different. Just a different thing to track. In the past classes such as warriors had to track swing timers to play optimally anyways.
    Indeed. Devastator adds a really high skill cap component to the class that will work "well enough" when played below the ceiling. Devastator is the hardest (and most fun!) three-button class around.

It's completly possible to play Devastator without managing the swing timer.

I'm a RL so I got pay attention on many other aspects either than myself, and I play with almost 200ms, so I just ignore this and Devastator still a viable talent. Only those who are going for top 200 World, may worry about mastering your spec at this point. Managing swing timer is a small gain, not a must-have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also wonder, what's the math or simulations behind this delaying. You are wasting thunderclap CD, you might override free revenge proc, and that's all for a slight chance to keep shield slam proc, which is procced quite often anyway. I'm not saying that there are no gains, but I wonder what those gains are exactly and how they depend on perfect play?

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I also wonder, what's the math or simulations behind this delaying. You are wasting thunderclap CD, you might override free revenge proc, and that's all for a slight chance to keep shield slam proc, which is procced quite often anyway. I'm not saying that there are no gains, but I wonder what those gains are exactly and how they depend on perfect play?
    It think it really doesn't matter, and in fact, probably an overall net loss due to TC delays.The 0.3s or .3% overall gain to SB uptime on average (say on a 4 minute fight), I feel isn't really that much, since you lose probably around of Thunderclaps too. And if you're not using Heavy Repercussions, say just Anger Management, it's just a rage difference at this point (an few extra SS vs a bunch of Thunderclaps). If that extra 0.xs of SB uptime managed to fall under an OT taunt swap, or you running to a boss or kiting orbs, or whatever - then it's irrelevant.

Even if in theory, it has some gains, it is so insignificant (even if they keep saying its a significant margin) that people shouldn't really bother. Not only is it a DPS loss, but it really isn't a significant survivability gain either practically speaking in my mind.

It certainly isn't worth it to *me*, because it seems like a pain in the butt. Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    Hmyeah. Talk to me again when you're pushing Nighthold progression, not dicking around in five mans or farm content.
    Can't be serious.......

Indom is only the better option on fights with Gib mechanics and it's at a cost of a huge DPS loss. While you're talking about NH progression no explicitly hardcore progression guild cares that much about Normal & Heroic NH, they care about mythic! Just about all Top Prot warriors in the world are running devastator. That being said, your glass is holding very little water here. Also while you're quick to bash 5 Man content judging by the amount of people clearing NH on normal +10 or higher 5 man content is likely far more challenging. Remember it's always been a lot easier to carry people in raids, based upon your stance on devastator I suspect you're no stranger to being carried.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twittch View Post
    Can't be serious.......

Indom is only the better option on fights with Gib mechanics and it's at a cost of a huge DPS loss. While you're talking about NH progression no explicitly hardcore progression guild cares that much about Normal & Heroic NH, they care about mythic! Just about all Top Prot warriors in the world are running devastator. That being said, your glass is holding very little water here. Also while you're quick to bash 5 Man content judging by the amount of people clearing NH on normal +10 or higher 5 man content is likely far more challenging. Remember it's always been a lot easier to carry people in raids, based upon your stance on devastator I suspect you're no stranger to being carried.
    Many people are unable to compare abilities and talents, because they get their criteria mixed up. "I don´t like X" doesn´t mean "X is not strong", yet they present X as if it was. They are unable to separate personal preferences from what is deduced by analysing raw data. Don´t mind these people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.