Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    And why not? Because of the rain?

In Denmark, it's a normal thing to put babies outside to sleep in their pram. Doing winter.
    That would probably incur a visit from child services here

Deleted
    And why not? Because of the rain?

In Denmark, it's a normal thing to put babies outside to sleep in their pram. Doing winter.
    Grade A parenting there.

Babies are not the best at temperature regulation. Doing that is mega level dumb. These people should be studied for collective idiocy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think if the space is specifically designated for wheelchairs, its only fair that the person in a wheelchair has priority. If they'd like to have pram designated areas, then they can lobby to get those added as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I think if the space is specifically designated for wheelchairs, its only fair that the person in a wheelchair has priority. If they'd like to have pram designated areas, then they can lobby to get those added as well.
    They used to be both (in Ireland and Britain), but times changed and fewer mothers/fathers took the bus with children.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Babies are not the best at temperature regulation.
    Yeah.. fantastic reply.. Grade A thinking.

The babies sleep very confortable, in their warm clothing, outside in their prams.. for up to two hours..
    Ofc the parents are always close.. Ofc parents keep watch over the babies..
    Last edited by Quibble; 2017-01-19 at 08:53 PM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Of course wheelchair users should have priority, its a nobrainer.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Well newborns should really only be in the big carriages, they shouldn't be in strollers at all. Plus not everyone is within walking distance of a super market, add to that UK weather is 90% of the time just that awful it's pretty much take the bus with baby.

Now no way am I arguing for the use of a disabled area for the pram, but it shouldn't be outside all realm of thought that busses and trains should think about another area for prams. Since busses are never full anyway, they could afford to lose a row or two.
    Infants should be restrained in an infant seat which can be locked into a variety of strollers.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Triggered much

If I am in a shopping centre that has 1 floor I know people are just being lazy because I have eyes. I also can see if somebody can't use stairs. I don't really know why you're discussing this there beyond just stirring an argument up. You're currently indiscriminately lashing out with zero knowledge on my circumstances but whatever huh, now perhaps you could stop derailing for attention
    Triggered? People throw that around so much I'm not sure anyone even understands its meaning at this point.

Even if the place only has one floor it does not mean people don't have legitimate reasons for using the elevator(not that they need one for that matter). Not every health issue is easily diagnosed just from looking at someone so I'm afraid you really can't just "see who can and can't use the stairs". I will stop though. Not because of some need for attention you seem to think I have, but because I'm going to take my own advice that I gave to the other poster and not waste my time arguing with you.

Just like they are in a car. An infant goes in a reclining rear facing infant seat. A bus is a moving vehicle so an infant should be restrained in an infant seat so if there is a sudden stop or accident the little bastard doesn't fly through the window like a little rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Grade A parenting there.

Babies are not the best at temperature regulation. Doing that is mega level dumb. These people should be studied for collective idiocy.
    It is actually pretty common in parts of the world.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21537988

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Just like they are in a car. An infant goes in a reclining rear facing infant seat. A bus is a moving vehicle so an infant should be restrained in an infant seat so if there is a sudden stop or accident the little bastard doesn't fly through the window like a little rocket.
    Yes, but the response you will get is that accidents are rare so that doesn't matter. Just hold the baby in your lap even though it is probably the least safe thing you could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You're treating them like dogs, lol.
    I don't think I have ever seen anyone in real life, who puts shoes on their dogs, or cloth.. or put them down to sleep in their overalls and blanket.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Yes, but the response you will get is that accidents are rare so that doesn't matter. Just hold the baby in your lap even though it is probably the least safe thing you could do.
    No we're saying the pram isn't secured down so likely scenario is your pram and child will go flying and land upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    https://www.google.com/search?q=dog+...=1920&bih=1012

Where have you been the last two decades or more?
    I said in real life.. I've seen enough wierdos on the internet, posting images of shoes on dogs / cats and forcing them into all sorts of clothing..

But I have not once seen anyone, in real life, actually do it..

No we're saying the pram isn't secured down so likely scenario is your pram and child will go flying and land upside down.
    Most prams I have seen you can secure the child inside so that even if the pram falls over or flips upside down the child doesn't go flying. It is still much safer than trying to hold the child if an accident occurs. As example the pic on page 9 post #163 there is a cover and likely straps inside as well to keep the baby protected. In addition the handle bars provide some protection as well. In an accident nothing is going to be 100% safe, but some things are safer than others which the pram is compared to trying to hold the child in your lap.

Deleted
    Err that picture shows a single wheelchair will take up two seats (3 at a push)
    your looking at it taking up 3 seats that are against the side of the bus, take those 3 seats, rotate them 90° so they are facing the same direction and they are taking up 6 possible seating postions.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Unless of course that disabled person chose to do something stupid to put themselves in that situation, and of course elderly are only elderly because they chose not to commit suicide to avoid being old and a burden. Seems like a kind of arbitrary way to decide who is and isn't worth you being inconvenienced.
    It's pretty simple really. I don't see Children as a disability enough that I should care about their convenience. Whereas I do for the Elderly/Disabled.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I have ever seen anyone in real life, who puts shoes on their dogs, or cloth.. or put them down to sleep in their overalls and blanket.
    My aunt used to put her Dog in a Sweater and tuck him into Bed during Winter. Dog's are like Children to many Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Those people exist in real life, so the fact that you haven't personally seen it irl doesn't really seem to be relevant to the general way in which you were objecting to the comparison.
    Well, it was relevant to the post you you quoted me on..

I see people leave their babies to sleep outside in prams, I don't see people that dress up dogs..

But I guess it doesn't matter, since I misunderstood winters comparison.
    Last edited by Quibble; 2017-01-20 at 12:38 AM.

Deleted
    Would that cure Muscular Dystrophy? You must report this breakthrough to the medical community immediately
    But then you wouldn't have an excuse to sit on MILF's laps!

Yeah, cause people with babies, should not be allowed to travel around..

And no it's not irrelevent. The topic was about, whether or not it's fair to make people with a pram move for people in a wheelchair.. considering the only option on a crowded bus, is for the pram to be moved off the bus. I do not think it is fair..
    The thread is about enforcing rules. The rules say wheelchair bays are reserved for wheelchair users. Don't want to be moved don't break rules it's very simple. And no the option is the mother fold her pram and hold her child or wait for another
    So perhaps I should have been more clear. Yes, I quoted an article that discussed regulation concerning access to these reserved spaces, but I was not trying to find out if you can cling to coutry-specific regulation to support your point of view. Rather, I wished to sound the MMO-C community just how they think such a conflict should be resolved - in an abstract, nonspecific scenario.

Admittedly, the comments seem to come down more on the side of wheelchair users, but most of those comments point to regulation as reasoning.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2017-01-20 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The person in the wheelchair cannot walk or stand. A baby in a stroller cannot walk or stand.

To me, they are equal and should both be treated the same in regards to a spot on the bus.
    except a baby can be held a person in a wheelchair cannot.