Poll: Do you think subs in Legion are going up or down?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    There is no version of reality where the subs will not go down, it has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the game or the expansion however. This topic of discussion is like asking "Do you think my age is going up or down, or is it staying the same?"

Another "gloom and doom" thread. Fucking yawn.

Most likely down. But i'm sure WoW still makes good money. The character services surely help too.

But the world does seem very crowded with people. world quests help alot with this.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    i will say this, regardless of up or down, Nighthold is so far one of the best raids i have seen in a very long time, not only is it aesthetically pleasing, the raid mechanics combine challenge with fun.
    I could perhaps agree with this if the entirety of the raid night that I spent hadn't felt like "AOE SPAM AOE SPAM AOE SPAM AOE SPAM". I'm really tired of the AoE bonanza we've had since WotLK.

Down. As in WoD we've reached the "nothing to do but raid" stage.

World quests are better than garrisons, but not much. Nighthold is "open" but not fully until March. 7.2 reportedly not until August. Still no flying. People are bored.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Down. As in WoD we've reached the "nothing to do but raid" stage.

World quests are better than garrisons, but not much. Nighthold is "open" but not fully until March. 7.2 reportedly not until August. Still no flying. People are bored.
    I hope you just kidding....holy fuck...

Btw obviously down...as somebody mentioned the "activity" thing...did you realised ppl on WQs are from 4-5-8-x different servers? Hell, even LFR raids are from 4-5-6 servers...

See my sig, and replace "That shit" with "Subs".

I'll admit, they got me, again.

After WoD you'd think I would have learned my lesson...

"That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is pretty naive to think that subs arent declining. Notice how when the expac started all those people you were seeing out and about were from your server? Notice how now they are from a dozen servers? CRZ is doing its job, but it is having to reach farther and farther to fill each shard with bodies.

I unsubbed this morning.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-01-19 at 05:47 PM.

Do I think this expansion is like every single expansion since wrath? Yes.

I wonder, if subs ever actually went up again, would Blizzard release their subscription data again?

I mean they've only stopped showing them when WoD pretty much annihilated the sub base right?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    The complaints concentrate around several issues. Two biggest seem to be, roughly: (a) artifact power
    Dunno what people are going to cry about the AP, if you're not done with your weapon by now, well, you need to play more that 15 minutes per week

Oh yeah people are going to cry because AP is now unless and they are stacking at 50 millions AP

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I wonder, if subs ever actually went up again, would Blizzard release their subscription data again?

I mean they've only stopped showing them when WoD pretty much annihilated the sub base right?
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/4/131...ers-10-million

)))

Deleted
    WTF even is the threat

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wentor View Post
    WTF even is the threat
    The demons that we steamroll at every encounter. Super duper threatening bruh. Like, way scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    I hope you just kidding....holy fuck...

Btw obviously down...as somebody mentioned the "activity" thing...did you realised ppl on WQs are from 4-5-8-x different servers? Hell, even LFR raids are from 4-5-6 servers...
    They are starting the ptr this month or early next month. 7.2 is going to be late march to late April. They have said they will delay the raid but give us the other patch stuff earlier. So April 15th 7.2 with raid not coming until May or June.

- - - Updated - - -

So yeah tell me again how 7.2 is coming this August lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    They've already started. Last year's Blizzcon had a lot of content about games that weren't WoW. WoW was definitely still a certerpiece but it wasn't the only thing they were looking to showcase. I don't know if I'd say it's "inevitable" for WoW to die off completely due to subscriber drops, though. The game is likely sustainable with subscriber levels far lower than they've ever been. (The lowest we "know" they've been is ~5.5M, which was around the time HFC was released. The game would probably be fine with as few as 2M subscribers.)

Thus, the question is less whether Blizzard will move on just because of subscriber drops and more because they want to make a new WoW. That's a question that only Blizzard can answer but it is likely far less expensive for Blizzard to continue making new expansions which pique interest briefly then die off than it would be for them to go balls out on a brand new MMO.

If you asked me, I can see maybe one or two more Legion-esque expansions before Blizzard hangs up their hat.

To be honest, I think WoW will be around for another 10 years at a minimum. They can always cut back on their effort in a chip-away fashion and milk the fans that will simply never leave the game for a very long time.

What I was getting at was more of a situation where they say (using made up numbers) "Okay, we busted our butts on this expansion and had a net loss of a million subs... where as when we totally phoned in the previous expansion, we only lost a net 1.2 million subs. So is it even worth trying to make a top-notch expansion when our best efforts had such a minimal effect on retention?"

When this realization is made (and it will happen eventually) new content will start getting cut to the point that WoD will be considered a high-content expansion.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2017-01-19 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    That stopped in like ...2009? Lol. I REMEMBER THE OLDEN DAYS.
    Yeah boy, those were the days - maybe even extend into mid-late 2010.

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!!!!
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Yeah boy, those were the days - maybe even extend into mid-late 2010.

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!!!!
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Doesn't prove anything either way.
    It's a fucking opinion thread. Why are you singling me out and dogging me for my opinion?
    /shoo

Quote Originally Posted by Feyranna View Post
    It's a fucking opinion thread. Why are you singling me out and dogging me for my opinion?
    /shoo
    To be fair, it's an opinion thread about an objective fact that we'll never know since Blizzard doesn't release this data (since it's no longer important). It's like making a poll trying to guess how much the bonus for Exxon-Mobil's senior executives was this year.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2017-01-20 at 06:11 AM.