Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fake news from the NY Times yet again. No evidence to support what they wrote: http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/01...ualifications/
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Yeh I get it, republicans are stupid. Your lot has made your belief on that matter quite clear.
    Where did i say Republicans are stupid? I said Perry was a bit dumb. Considering I lived under his governorship and have experienced his politics, his misteps and stuff, Id know this better than you. Dont take your offense out on me.

I know I have spoken to you about my own affiliations and beliefs before. You know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Perry apparently wasn't aware of Administration plans to drastically cut the DoE budget today at his confirmation.
    He's just hoping they'll forget about the cuts, like he forgot about the departments name!

Yes, it was apparently an attempt at a joke by him, but it's not remotely funny and it's dangerous as hell.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    ... I lived under his governorship.
    Living in Texas doesn't make you an expert on how to run Texas. Your opinion on his performance is just that - opinion. Clearly you weren't privy to all the data that a governor is privy to. Your common sense is not fit to run the State because it's quite ignorant. He's a grade B governor and that's not bad considering how few of grade A governors there are.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Living in Texas doesn't make you an expert on how to run Texas. Your opinion on his performance is just that - opinion. Clearly you weren't privy to all the data that a governor is privy to. Your common sense is not fit to run the State because it's quite ignorant. He's a grade B governor and that's not bad considering how few of grade A governors there are.
    I don't expect someone not from here to know much about what goes on in my state, so your opinion on this matter, matters even less than mine does. I do know how Texas is run, because everyone and their brother in Texas public school is taught that. Texas governorship has less power and responsibilities than the Railroad Commission and the Lt Governorship (which he was for about 2 years, but even then didnt do much either).

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You are just looking to take offense.
    Im not a republican, why would I be offend about what people think of them? I just find the division laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did i say Republicans are stupid? I said Perry was a bit dumb. Considering I lived under his governorship and have experienced his politics, his misteps and stuff, Id know this better than you. Dont take your offense out on me.

I know I have spoken to you about my own affiliations and beliefs before. You know better.
    Again, despite what people may think. I am not a republican. I dont even know what I am. Because I am not a democrat either.

And you are right, I conflated views of others with yours and that was inappropriate.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Im not a republican, why would I be offend about what people think of them? I just find the division laughable.
    Well as long as you feel superior to both sides I suppose something good came of it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crissi is just some know-nothing Texan, but you're totally an expert because...?
    Did I say I am an expert on Texas? Did I pass any judgements?
    I don't expect someone not from here to know much about what goes on in my state, so your opinion on this matter, matters even less than mine does.
    I gave you no opinions about Texas, so cut the patriotic crap. I just explained to you that you have an opinion and your opinion is not fact.
    I do know how Texas is run, because everyone and their brother in Texas public school is taught that.
    No, you don't. To know is to do. You know the observer version.
    Texas governorship has less power and responsibilities than the Railroad Commission and the Lt Governorship (which he was for about 2 years, but even then didnt do much either).
    So does that mean that Rick Perry was not responsible for anything?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    LOL....Trumpist
    What else would you call someone who willfully ignores the current train wreck of nominations for Secretary posts? Perry doesn't know what his department does. Devos has zero experience in education. The list goes on and on.

Well as long as you feel superior to both sides I suppose something good came of it all.
    I dont? Or shit maybe I do, any one who actually thinks THEY are 100% right and the other side is 100% the problem, is likely an idiot.

Being opposed to an ideology does not make some one wrong.

The problem is there is no 2 way communication any more. Reps have their side, Dems have theirs the ability to have an exchange of ideas is all but dead.

And I know I used to say I was republican, and identified with them, but honestly my personal beliefs never really lined up with every thing they had to say. Its all a god damned mess here these days and its sad.

Did I pass any judgements?
    Yes. Are you feeling ok?

I didn't say you were a Republican. I said you were looking to take offense. Last time I checked, you don't have to be something to be offended by disparaging remarks about that thing.
    Why would a cat be offended that you hate dogs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. You judged Crissi's opinion to be without merit, which would require that you have a better idea of things than she does to have any merit.
    I didn't judge Texas. I didn't claim to be an expert on Texas. I didn't judge no one's opinion. Pointing out that opinion is an opinion and not fact - is not judgement. Good try though.
    Yes. Are you feeling ok?
    Did not. Are you?

I dont? Or shit maybe I do, any one who actually thinks THEY are 100% right and the other side is 100% the problem, is likely an idiot.

Being opposed to an ideology does not make some one wrong.

The problem is there is no 2 way communication any more. Reps have their side, Dems have theirs the ability to have an exchange of ideas is all but dead.

And I know I used to say I was republican, and identified with them, but honestly my personal beliefs never really lined up with every thing they had to say. Its all a god damned mess here these days and its sad.
    I will never understand this fetish for bipartisanship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turns out this whole story is false.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ick-perry.html
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2017-01-19 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The issue isn't the first, nor that other choices were not wrong. Can you stop for a second and come up with a reason why it's a good choice, that doesn't involve deflecting?
    I dont know the guy personally, I only know from what I see from the Confirment hearings. Judging by that I dont see anything wrong yet. I am not going to throw out a nominee for the sole reason of him not being a "scientist", because we have had other perform that role just fine without having those credentials.

But, the previous did not do what you are claiming Rick Perry will do. Everything you are listing while defending Perry is either a deflection or showing him as a fucking horrible choice. As I pointed out already, when Japan had a meltdown a few years ago, because we had a Nobel prize winner in physics, he was able to make a case for us not halting nuclear energy development. Rick Perry will be getting rich, instead of being a scientist, because due to his experience, the information he will receive can almost be guaranteed to result in his recommendation to prop up oil.
    You simply dont know that!

You know he can only get rich robbing elbows, then how is he a good pick? How is he anything, but a horrible pick?
    You literally just said this:
    Is there 0 self awareness or what?
    Because this is what 99% of people do in Government. They get their foot in the door with a Cabinet position and then spend the rest of their lives either in Government Service or Lobbyiest or bouncing in between. WHY? MONEY!

We are going from a nuclear physicist to a career politician in the department. Who exactly is exaggerating?
    Are you upset that we are stepping back from a nuclear physicist to a career politician or because it is Rick Perry? Would it be any different if he was a Chemical Engineer that worked for Exxon? Would it be different if it was Corey Booker?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I say I am an expert on Texas? Did I pass any judgements?

I gave you no opinions about Texas, so cut the patriotic crap. I just explained to you that you have an opinion and your opinion is not fact.

No, you don't. To know is to do. You know the observer version.

So does that mean that Rick Perry was not responsible for anything?
    You seem to think that I dont know shit, when I actually do because not only was I taught this, but I researched it as well. Also, someone that's experienced Perry's stewardship is likely going to know better than some random from whateverville. Just like I wouldnt have much to say, or much exp, with a governor form say, Arizona in terms of the job they've done. Critisize their policies sure, but not necessarily the job they;ve done or their responsibilities.

and really, dont give me the "to know is to do". The govenorship is pretty tightly regulated on what they can and cant do, and this is taught to every kid in Texas. Then when you see them in action, get lectures form the capital and other politicians, ect you get a fuller understanding. Rick Perry was responsible for brining economic attention to Texas, signing bills the legislature brought him, bringing up issues to try and get the legislature on board, diplomacy with Mexico, and handling state university shit as well as several other executive agencies. Most of which (the executive offices), most people here regard as massive fuck ups.

So really, you're just trying to find crap to fling, and failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Turns out this whole story is false the source in question came out saying it was bullshit.
    Yeah, turns out Perry was totally qualified all along!

10+ Year Old Account
    Key here is, my opinion is an informed opinion.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    DeVos...train wreck agree 100%

The others? Highly debatable.
    Carson for HUD? Really?

Perry for DOE - "I thought I would be an ambassador for fossil fuel".

However, perhaps not all a trainwreck. Mathis is a brilliant choice. Tillerson, while an obvious conflict of interest, certainly has international relations experience.