Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    When I go to the gym I wear workout clothes but I wear a long tee shirt over everything so my tots don't accidentally pop out and I dont have to worry about ppl staring at my tots.

Point being, cover your tots up if you dont want ppl staring at them.
    Last edited by Xandrigity; 2017-01-19 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Uh noo. We're humans not savage animals in the wild.
    There's quite a few twitch streams that could be arguments against that.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There's quite a few twitch streams that could be arguments against that.
    I'm generalizing. Obviously there are outliers.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to study statistics it seems.
    So do you. The group size may not be an issue, but the questions asked in the survey could be skewed to generated desired results rather than accurate results.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I mean that woman from that "walking in NYC" video was pretty much stating that "good morning beautiful" from a man who was fairly old and it was clearly not meant to be anything other than good morning was harassment.

Also, how you dress matters. For about the billionth time we all dress how we do to get attention to feel better. And yes, if I walked around a gay bar in a jockstrap I'd get harassed all night and should have known it would happen being in a jockstrap and more than likely I'd enjoy it from some of them. To those I didn't enjoy it from I politely say no thank you and move about my business.

- - - Updated - - -

This. If it wasn't appropriate to post a picture here, then 80% of women shouldn't be allowed to wear what they do working out.

- - - Updated - - -

A glance is harassment to today's women.
    Which is bullshit frankly, or I should say ridiculous,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Which is why you'll never have a girl respect you.

My girlfriend used to run alone, until she came back crying because some guys stopped their car, got out and harassed her. We live in a small town, she described them, I identified them and had my buddy at the police department give them a visit. Now, I run with her if she runs outside. If she runs on a treadmill, I still like to be there, but it's much safer there.
    I'm pretty sure that the guy was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    I am still curious as to why OP is still allowed to post. I have him on ignore. So why do I still see his post lol? I recommend all of you ignore the OP cause otherwise he will just keep on trolling all of you.
    I find it amazing people still respond to this fucker, but! A part of me hopes all of the people in this thread realize what/who the OP is and are just subtly trolling the troll....if only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    What's truly alarming about all of this is how people aren't arguing that harassment of women isn't pervasive because they have evidence, or knowledge, or anything along those lines...they just don't want it to be true, and ergo, feel justified in arguing against it. Its no longer left wing vs. right wing, its "do you believe that reality bends itself to your wishes, or vice versa?" Don't want to believe that we're rapidly warming the Earth in ways that threaten civilization? Ignore the scientific consensus, your gut feeling outweighs all that nonsense! Don't want to believe that gun control works in literally every country that enacts it? Its fine, facts carry no more weight than opinions do anymore, and if you spout yours as loudly and obnoxiously as possible, people will stop trying to convince you of reality eventually.

People just don't have the courage to accept the fact that the world isn't what they wish it was.
    Love how you used this to sprinkle in your political views....bringing in gun control now? Classy stuff....also a pretty shit analogy if you understand crime statistics and the laws of both us and European countries. But again, I am and shamed you had to delve into there.....you can do better.

Why are we posting pictures of women on here and objectifying them?
    Because you started this thread with that same premise. I don't disagree that women are harassed regularly, nor do I condone it. But you're contradicting the thread by coming down on someone for posting truth. The picture was an exact representation of women, not all, but a generalization of what women wear working out. You seemed insulted by the photo...so if you're insulted or appalled then the theme of your OP should be changed. Instead of the women being the victim, you're basically confirming that the women are putting themselves in this situation. If you dislike the picture, your target arguments should be made at women for causing this type of behavior.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure some men truly believe that yelling and whistling at a girl is going to make her go "You know what? Fuck this run, I'm gonna have sex with this creepy guy that's sweating eating his chili-dog."
    Nop it's just a compliment in majority of cases. It's far far away from harassment, unless he says other things. "Nice ass! Nice tits! Tight body! etc" this are not harass language unless you are mentally deficient and can't understand social situations, like aspergers or ADHD, etc.

If I lived in a bad neighborhood and I have for most of my life. I don't go walking alone at night heck even going out in a group isn't wise. so if I were to do some walking or running I most likely would go to a safer area that had sidewalks or a park in the nicer part of town. you have a much easier time changing your location or moving than changing how disrespectful the people are in your area.

10+ Year Old Account
    The world needs more aggressive gay men with as little class as some of the straight aggressive men.

Id love to hear stories about gay men cat calling straight men as much as straight men cat call women.

Sometimes the best medicine, is your own.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The world needs more aggressive gay men with as little class as some of the straight aggressive men.

Id love to hear stories about gay men cat calling straight men as much as straight men cat call women.

Sometimes the best medicine, is your own.
    I've had this happen to me when working for a company that had a larger than average population of gay employees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    I've had this happen to me when working for a company that had a larger than average population of gay employees.
    I'm sure if more men had to experience it, they may be a bit more empathetic about it.

The reason I look for gay men to be the ones doing it, is because more than likely, if you ask a man if he minds being cat called by women, they would say they don't mind. But if you ask a straight man, especially if they are of the very masculine type or the type who do not agree with homosexuality, if they would care about being hit on by other men, they would likely admit that they would feel uncomfortable or angry about it.

Out of curiousness, if you can answer honestly, how did it make you feel being cat called/hit on by other men at your work place?

They are objectifying themselves. There is no need to wear that to work out.

A third of women have been harassed while out running alone, a new survey has revealed. A poll of 2,000 women showed that 32 per cent had faced some form of harassment, with more than 60 per cent saying that they felt anxious when out running solo and nearly half saying they had fears for their personal safety. More than half of the women said they would feel safer when running with a group. The research was commissioned by England Athletics ahead of today’s launch of RunTogether, a national programme to encourage people to go running.
    What constitutes harassment is subjective to each person. A guy sitting on his porch watching you run by could be considered harassment. A guy being nice and waving you across the intersection while he sits in his car could be considered harassment.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Harassment", by definition, refers to repeated aggressive acts. A woman who gets cat-called or called a "whore" by some random passerby is not being "harassed".

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    TL: One in three women out of a select group of 2000 feel like they have experienced something they think constitutes as harassment.
    Pretty much.

Not sure you know what "objectifying" means.

The struggle is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Out of curiousness, if you can answer honestly, how did it make you feel being cat called/hit on by other men at your work place?
    I'm quite flattered to be considered attractive by gay men, especially gay men who hold their own selves in high regard as I would assume they have a higher expectation for the male gender in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    I'm quite flattered to be considered attractive by gay men, especially gay men who hold their own selves in high regard as I would assume they have a higher expectation for the male gender in general.
    I absolutely agree. With only one exception. There was once a time when I was younger where I was actually being pressured into sex with another man. I was fortunate that he didn't get phyiscally aggressive, but I was put in a situation where I was left alone with him, and had no way to reach out for help. If he decided to over power me, it would have gotten very ugly. After many no's and feeling extremely uncomfortable having a man twice my size trying to impose himself on me, he eventually gave up and drove me home. I then had a week or two where I had to dodge his phone calls.

That was the day I learned what it felt like to be a young woman who is being pressured into a sexual situation.

Aside from that incident, I too am very flattured when I am complimented by a gay man, for the very reason you stated.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Nop it's just a compliment in majority of cases. It's far far away from harassment, unless he says other things. "Nice ass! Nice tits! Tight body! etc" this are not harass language unless you are mentally deficient and can't understand social situations, like aspergers or ADHD, etc.
    Oh so you mean exactly what is yelled at women. Okay, thanks for the information friend.

Deleted
    Oh so you mean exactly what is yelled at women. Okay, thanks for the information friend.
    Indeed. Some might find the comments rude but that's on their part. Even a compliment said too many times will not be recieved that well.