Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

MWers seem to be doing pretty good in NH?

I don't know if it's just my guild's MWers that are awesome while the other healers suck, but me and the other MW absolutely cleaned shop on the HPS in Normal NH last night.

We went in with about 30 people and 6 healers (2 MWers, 2 Paladins, 1 Dru and 1 Shaman), the 2 MW easily topped the HPS on EVERY fight. All 10 fights. And it wasn't even close.

I'm guessing a lot of this has to do with scaling. MWers scale very well with raid numbers and 30 people is a lot of people for Revive and Chi Burst to heal. I also noticed that most fights had people scattered which made it very inefficient for stacking heals like Healing Rain and the Druid circle one and very good for heals like EF and ReM. Also, being Normal, mana wasn't that much of an issue, so we were basically allowed to go all out without having to worry too much about going OOM. I only had to pop mana pots on 2 or 3 of the fights.

The Paladins and Shaman did maybe half of the healing we did and the Druid came in close at about 2/3.

Edit: Also forgot to mention that a lot of the fight made use of our superior mobility. Transcendence was actually very useful for a lot of the fights. Especially Elisonde where I can completely cheeze that enclosing aoe thing by just teleporting outside of it.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-01-19 at 05:05 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I've been noticing this as well. My guild cleared normal on tuesday night and I was topping the charts on every single fight except for Aluriel, and that was only because I spent my mana too early.

Yeah our MW is crushing. Only one that comes close is our resto druid atm.

Nobody has tier sets yet, and this is only heroic.

Data means nothing right now.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Nobody has tier sets yet, and this is only heroic.

Data means nothing right now.
    Actually, it was Normal for us.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Same as every time.

A) MW is the easiest to play Healer in Raids
    B) Mana isnt an issue on Normal
    C) Groups are still learning. So taking many avoidable damage, messed up kills, bad positioning. We dont care that much as other healers do.

As the groups get better, the other healers get better. And even more we dont have any room for improvment on the long run. Bad Trinkets at NH, almost no Crit/Vers Items, bad Setbonus. And even now we only shine for the average kills and numbers. Aiming for the Number 1 spot for healers is still pretty bad as MW. Only one Encounter where a MW is actually #1. That is Guldan. Look at it again in 2 weeks and it will be different again. Was the same story for EN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TeleriaX View Post
    Same as every time.

A) MW is the easiest to play Healer in Raids
    B) Mana isnt an issue on Normal
    C) Groups are still learning. So taking many avoidable damage, messed up kills, bad positioning. We dont care that much as other healers do.

As the groups get better, the other healers get better. And even more we dont have any room for improvment on the long run. Bad Trinkets at NH, almost no Crit/Vers Items, bad Setbonus. And even now we only shine for the average kills and numbers. Aiming for the Number 1 spot for healers is still pretty bad as MW. Only one Encounter where a MW is actually #1. That is Guldan. Look at it again in 2 weeks and it will be different again. Was the same story for EN.
    On paper, RDruids seem to be the top dog for NH. They have the tool kit for pretty much all of the fights.

Also, I don't think MWers are the easiest to play. Especially since they need to have the most sense of balance and control among healing and mana or else they'll be OOM by the half way point. TFT also adds another element to the strat, Chi Burst being an aimed heal ability adds another. I found my Resto Sham to be a lot easier to heal with.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-01-19 at 09:58 PM.

We cleared normal and I was 1 or 2 for every fight, going back and forth with the RDruid. Once heroic came in play (we are 8/10 now) the mana situation became an issue and I dont think I was top on meters once. I was 2nd or 3rd a few times, but druids and hpallies flexed their muscles. Granted, I believe we have a good healing core with a very talented pair of hpallies and a very good rdruid. I was wearing Darkmoon promises most of the night on heroic and I may even wear alch stone in addition tonight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did 7 bosses as heal and on most of them I was first or second, with a lot of essence font spam for all the raid damage.

We didn't have a holy pala though which really showed on the tank healing... I found that when unexpected hard tank spikes come in there was nothing fast I could do to get them up. Artifact casts for ages and enveloping mists costs lots of mana and buff doesn't last long either :/
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    On paper, RDruids seem to be the top dog for NH. They have the tool kit for pretty much all of the fights.

Also, I don't think MWers are the easiest to play. Especially since they need to have the most sense of balance and control among healing and mana or else they'll be OOM by the half way point. TFT also adds another element to the strat, Chi Burst being an aimed heal ability adds another. I found my Resto Sham to be a lot easier to heal with.

I dont know about you. But if i dont look at my Mana and go all out i will go oom on Holy Priest or Holy Pala too. Pretty easy tbh. And out of those 3 classes MW is definitely the easiest to play with on raids. TFT - ReM - EF. If you dont use any other skill, you will still look really good on logs. In fact its boringly retarded easy to play. We dont really have to wait for a good time to channel or raid cooldowns, they are instant. Chi Burst aiming lol. Sure when you count in Vivify, EM and stuff it´s getting a bit harder, but for starters you can tell them to only use those 3 skills i mentioned before and they will outheal the most pug healers - even when the Pug healers are doing their best. Its probably the same for every class, if you want to play "at the limit" you have to know what you are doing - but until then MW is the easiest to achieve good-numbers healer.

Wait until a few weeks after mythic is out to say if MW is doing good or not

Normal mode is a complete joke, heroic will also be a joke very soon.

Just wait until there's actual healing to do..

Its hard to say. With 30 people and 6 heals you are almost healer heavy. HoTs typically preform better in a group where there are an abundance of healers

10+ Year Old Account
    I did much better in NH then I was able to manage in ToV, but still needed to watch my mana like crazy.

I sometimes really miss the stacking spirit days where I could then spam heals for days and not have to worry about my blue bar.

Definitely need to get the purple orbs on Tichondrius. The plague damage escalates so fast.

Destroyed in Normal on every boss

Doing Heroic today and it looks like my RDruids are doing a lot better im about 2-3 ranked in fights.
    Im assuming it might because other healer classes are finishing up their new gear from stat weights changes and the longer the fights the better for druids.

Heroic NH (what im seeing this raid)
    1 Rdruid
    2 Monk/RSham
    3 Priest

Only did a couple NM and HM bosses. No surprise i did better in nm (compared to my shaman and drood mates). Basically the MW toolkit has a lot of smart heal (rem, ef, vivify). So you snap the other healers, especially the drood who does a ton of overheal with his hots when he tries to keep up in NM. Add more damage and the drood rises its hps automatically if playing the same way, as the overheal converts to actual healing. You as MW have to cast more.
    Also we raid without hpal so in HM i add to take more care of the tanks, so less raid wide efficient healing.

Deleted
    I dont know about you. But if i dont look at my Mana and go all out i will go oom on Holy Priest or Holy Pala too. Pretty easy tbh
    If I want to go oom as HPala I need to look at my mana and make it a point to go oom.

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    If I want to go oom as HPala I need to look at my mana and make it a point to go oom.
    Then stop spaming Light of Martyr and put more workload on the other Healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know about you. But if i dont look at my Mana and go all out i will go oom on Holy Priest or Holy Pala too. Pretty easy tbh. And out of those 3 classes MW is definitely the easiest to play with on raids. TFT - ReM - EF. If you dont use any other skill, you will still look really good on logs. In fact its boringly retarded easy to play. We dont really have to wait for a good time to channel or raid cooldowns, they are instant. Chi Burst aiming lol. Sure when you count in Vivify, EM and stuff it´s getting a bit harder, but for starters you can tell them to only use those 3 skills i mentioned before and they will outheal the most pug healers - even when the Pug healers are doing their best. Its probably the same for every class, if you want to play "at the limit" you have to know what you are doing - but until then MW is the easiest to achieve good-numbers healer.
    To each his own, I found the Shaman to be much easier to play. Their hardest part is knowing when to use a CD.

MWs always do well on progress. ToV was a slump but in EN MWs were more than fine.

you just don't see MWs in top end guilds because "good players" can abuse disc priests, SLT, raid cds/positioning far better than average guilds can.

ie; the gap between a great resto shaman and an average 1 is far bigger than the gap between a great MW and an average 1, simply because MWs have less things to impact a raid positively.

NH will be no different. MWs will perform well on progress. we'll slump on farm as always

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Did 7 bosses as heal and on most of them I was first or second, with a lot of essence font spam for all the raid damage.

We didn't have a holy pala though which really showed on the tank healing... I found that when unexpected hard tank spikes come in there was nothing fast I could do to get them up. Artifact casts for ages and enveloping mists costs lots of mana and buff doesn't last long either :/
    Thing with NH that I noticed is that there are A LOT of raid damage and a lot of fights require people being generally spread out. It's a good raid tier for RDru and MWers I think. Paladins and Discs which have superior tank/ST heals and short ranged AoE heals will typically not do as well. I can see Shamans doing well, but they'll have to prioritize (and talent for) CH over HR probably.

I actually used TFT with EF for the first time ever on a boss fight (The cake boss where raid had to keep running from the laser while taking AoE damage). Digging these fight diversity. We only got to 4/10H on first day, but they were pretty fun.