10+ Year Old Account

El Chapo In US Custody

Mexican drug lord 'El Chapo' Guzman is extradited to US
    By PETER ORSI and BRADLEY KLAPPER
    5 minutes ago

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, Mexico's most notorious cartel kingpin who twice made brazen prison escapes and spent years on the run as the country's most wanted man, was extradited to the U.S. on Thursday to face drug trafficking and other charges.

Mexico's Foreign Relations Department announced Guzman was handed over to U.S. authorities for transportation to the U.S. on Thursday, the last full day of President Barack Obama's administration and a day before Donald Trump is to be inaugurated.

The U.S. Justice Department issued a statement confirming that Guzman was en route to the United States and expressed gratitude to Mexico for its cooperation.

A senior U.S. official said the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration took custody of Guzman in Ciudad Juarez, which is across the border from El Paso, Texas, and a plane carrying him departed for New York at 5:31 p.m. EST. The official was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly and agreed to give the information only if not quoted by name.

The convicted Sinaloa cartel boss has been held most recently in a prison near Ciudad Juarez. He was recaptured a year ago after escaping from a second maximum-security prison through a tunnel dug to his cell. He had fought extradition since then.

Guzman faces the possibility of life in a U.S. prison under multiple indictments in six jurisdictions around the United States, including New York, San Diego, Chicago and Miami.

A federal indictment in the Eastern District of New York, where Guzman is expected to be prosecuted, accuses him of overseeing a trafficking cartel with thousands of members and billions of dollars in profits laundered back to Mexico. It says Guzman and other members of the Sinaloa cartel employed hit men who carried out murders, kidnappings and acts of torture.

He was first indicted by a U.S. federal grand jury in July 2009. A superseding indictment was issued in May charging him and Ismael "El Mayo" Zambada with a variety of drug, gun and money laundering charges as part of an ongoing criminal enterprise.

A Mexican Foreign Relations Department statement said a court had ruled against Guzman's appeal and found that his extradition would be constitutional.

The White House, which was down to a skeleton staff hours before Trump takes office, said it had no immediate comment.
    https://apnews.com/418fef49c042432f9...tradited-to-US

Can he break out of an American prison?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Chapo means "Shorty". He's a little fellow, makes it easy for him to get around in the tunnels.

This isn't the first time a Latin country has sent us a criminal that they can't hold.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Time to reopen Alcatraz
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    MAGA! WINNING!

GJ Trump!

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, looks like the Supermax in Colorado will be getting a new resident. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Poison-peddling, terrorist piece of sht drew the eye of the bald eagle, and he got the claws.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe now he can go to a prison with a decent level of security.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post

Only if he is friends with Raymond Reddington.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post

He won't need to, he'll be running the DEA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Time to reopen Alcatraz
    I don't think it would be a good idea to send a guy who is famous for digging his way out of prison cells to a prison which has a past of people escaping from their cells by digging their way out...

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    He won't need to, he'll be running the DEA.
    What was it that Trump said? There's none better suited to fix the system than those who have been using it to their advantage? Was something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Maybe now he can go to a prison with a decent level of security.
    More like a prison without guards in his payroll.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I don't think it would be a good idea to send a guy who is famous for digging his way out of prison cells to a prison which has a past of people escaping from their cells by digging their way out...
    What? Everyone who escaped from there was caught/killed/drowned/presumed drowned. Alcatraz did not have a history of people escaping by digging their way out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Um, are you sure you know what you're talking about?
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm... I guess now he'll finally get some sleep.

Some 1 else will take his place this won't have any effect on the drug trafficking. Supply and DEMAND. Dont get me wrong it was good that he was caught ofc

Deleted
    Trump might keep him to test THE WALL. El Chapo is the guy who escaped prisons using the weirdest methods right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Trump might keep him to test THE WALL. El Chapo is the guy who escaped prisons using the weirdest methods right?
    Could be a cool show. Imagine El Chapo scaling various walls and defenses as we play some Mission Impossible or Indiana Jones music. People would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    Um, are you sure you know what you're talking about?
    ya, don't you remember the time people dug their way out of Alcatraz under San Fransisco Bay?

/s
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    ya, don't you remember the time people dug their way out of Alcatraz under San Fransisco Bay?

/s
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump keeps on winning

My brother was watching Narcos and goes on about how much money Escobar had. I asked him if he would have the same level of success and infamy if coke was legal.

Good that we caught this man, but I'm skeptical on what it solves in the long run.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.