Shouldn't M+ / WQ/ World Boss scale to fit the new TF caps?

So I'm seeing an influx of ilvl905+ TF items dropping from The Nighthold in both normal and heroic so far. I have even seen a 905 BoE drop from trash farming. Legendaries at now dropping at ilvl 940. This is awesome. That being said - there's an issue, is there not? Why would WQ loot still be 845 base? Why would M+ cache caps at level 12 be 885 still? These are all obselete in the next few weeks. This all being said - are there plans to scale items to fit the new meta? Or are WQ / M+ spams going to be seemingly even more useless than before?

They start at 845+, but they can currently TF up to 895. My understanding is the low base is so characters with inflated ilevel (which keys the change in WQ ilevel items) don't start replacing 815 blue gear with 860+ epics immediately. You have to be within 5 total ilevels of the WQ gear for its base to update.

Personal, if anecdotal, Proof: My alt priest just reached 840 total ilevel last night. When I checked my map for WQ with gear, the shadow relic I was looking for refreshed from 840+ to 845+ base. It could also TF up to 895, but that's RNG-dependent, which keeps my rogue (884 ilevel) running those WQ as well. I just vendor stuff that doesn't TF for gold.

You may have missed my point. Gear now can Titanforge up to 925 in every case. Running Nighthold for only two nights now, I have seen 4 items drops at 905 ilvl, including a 905 BoE belt. A couple weeks from now, people will be ilvl 910+ from a rapid increase in 905+ items , and from legendaries being 940 as a standard. My point is- this increase will not only make those 845 WQ you speak of compeltely worthless, but also make the M+ weekly caches worthless, from the point of view of high-end players looking for gear over 905. This coming from my personal opinion as I have been doing Mythic +12s weekly for 2 months or so now and never seen a Titanforge over 885 from the weekly cache. It seems once we are all above 910 or so, what's the point of doing Mythic + ? Besides the hopes you get a 905+ from the run, we won't care about the 885 item from the weekly, as it will be useless. The TL;DR of all this is that I am wondering if M+ / WQ should scale to become higher or at least a have a better chance to Titanforge, as all of these items are going to soon be even more useless than before to more high-end players.

Deleted
    I actually enjoy the importance that raiding gear again has now. Im tired of farming m+ and I like having a clear bis list of items to go after.
    I know however that they will probably increase the m+ cap to +15 once mythic launches, similar to how they did it with ToV.

Now that mythic plus gear can Titanforge to 925, it's back to the grind. I honestly was just starting to become satisfied with my mostly 880-895 gear and could now take a breather from doing dozens of mythic plus runs a week. Now it's back to doing dozens more in order to stay competitive.

I know it's probably not going to go over well, but I'm kinda bummed I need to go back to the mythic plus grind. If I don't, I'll be doing my progression raiding guild a disservice, as well as under-performing, which I play to perform.

This is definitely the grindiest WoW has been in a long time for people who want to perform, and I'm worried about getting burnt out. I hope they tone this design style down a bit moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Now that mythic plus gear can Titanforge to 925, it's back to the grind. I honestly was just starting to become satisfied with my mostly 880-895 gear and could now take a breather from doing dozens of mythic plus runs a week. Now it's back to doing dozens more in order to stay competitive.

I know it's probably not going to go over well, but I'm kinda bummed I need to go back to the mythic plus grind. If I don't, I'll be doing my progression raiding guild a disservice, as well as under-performing, which I play to perform.

This is definitely the grindiest WoW has been in a long time for people who want to perform, and I'm worried about getting burnt out. I hope they tone this design style down a bit moving forward.
    There is no medium with people is there. It's either bitch that there's no content or bitch about having to grind.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It's either bitch that there's no content or bitch about having to grind.
    because re-running the same content that you did while levelling over and over and over for a tiny chance of an upgrade = new and exciting content

I enjoy grinding Mythic + actually, and sometimes even the WQ can be fun. I suppose the point is that now we are most likely grinding Mythics for a VERY small chance at items over 900... and our weekly cache can't really be looked forward to. As stated again, 885 item (max garaunteed ilvl from a M+12) is obselete in the coming weeks. My point is not to complain about grind, but rather, suggest this content be scaled, such as, give 905+ cache from M15's or something.

Deleted
    I'm looking forward to ending the expansion in the same gear I was getting on 101, except 300 ilvls higher! Only thing that's missing is for blizz to take transmog out of the game, so we all could look like clowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is too unfair!

The new Timewalking weekly is a slap in the face, it should reward a Mythic Nighthold tier piece that can WF/TF to 925.

World Quests should be 870 base and WF/TF up to 925! They are HARD!

I wish WF/TF would explode in a ball of napalm and item level was linear with challenge. World bosses, timewalking and three chest spamming is a joke with WF/TF.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-01-20 at 12:29 AM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    There is no medium with people is there. It's either bitch that there's no content or bitch about having to grind.
    Well, I wasn't ever a guy who complained that there wasn't enough to do. I was very happy to be a Heroic (and then Mythic when that came out) raider. The Challenge Mode dungeons in WoD were kinda cool, an extra way to gear up. But you could only do it once a week iirc.

If you want my opinion, Blizzard swung too hard the other way after people said there wasn't enough content. Most weeks there simply aren't enough hours in the day to do all the mythic plus runs I should be doing, the Nightbanes and the Heroic EN clears, etc.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-01-20 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    This game is too unfair!

The new Timewalking weekly is a slap in the face, it should reward a Mythic Nighthold tier piece that can WF/TF to 925.

World Quests should be 870 base and WF/TF up to 925! They are HARD!

I wish WF/TF would explode in a ball of napalm and item level was linear with challenge. World bosses, timewalking and three chest spamming is a joke with WF/TF.

The Nighthold cache does WF/TF up to 925. Mythic caches will be 905+ once you have, I'm assuming, 10 Mythic kills. They also announced Mythic 15+ will award a 900+ piece from the cache following release of Mythic NH. So I'm happy. Your sarcasm is unneeded (also written in bizarre fashion)and they are actually addressing everything I was worried about, and simply trying to discuss - so I'm not sure what your saltiness is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippieflip View Post
    The Nighthold cache does WF/TF up to 925. Mythic caches will be 905+ once you have, I'm assuming, 10 Mythic kills. They also announced Mythic 15+ will award a 900+ piece from the cache following release of Mythic NH. So I'm happy. Your sarcasm is unneeded (also written in bizarre fashion)and they are actually addressing everything I was worried about, and simply trying to discuss - so I'm not sure what your saltiness is about.
    No man. It should be baseline Mythic too.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

I don't really see a need for world quests to go up, I feel like they can get you to 840 and that's high enough for low mythic+ which you can then grind to higher mythic+ and be set from there.

I'm happy they're increasing mythic+ gear at 13/14/15, that's a very welcome change that should help a lot of groups while also adding a good reason to continue doing mythic+ at this point.

World bosses should probably start dropping 880 gear or so, as it stands now there's literally no reason to go kill them at all.