Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well Said.

Between this and the Totalbiscuit video, I'm definitely convinced I'll be passing on the Switch for the foreseeable future. Shame, really; despite not having owned a Nintendo console since the Gamecube, I would like to see them back into the console gaming mix with all guns blazing in glory. The Zelda title looks nice, but not to the tune of $350 USD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Between this and the Totalbiscuit video, I'm definitely convinced I'll be passing on the Switch for the foreseeable future. Shame, really; despite not having owned a Nintendo console since the Gamecube, I would like to see them back into the console gaming mix with all guns blazing in glory. The Zelda title looks nice, but not to the tune of $350 USD.
    I 100% agree, This feels to much like the Wii-U all over again and I won't fall for that a 2nd time. Ill wait until ether more games come out or a price drop. As it stands when I do it it ill be playing Single Player games now. There is no way I'm paying for Nintendo' service as is.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I 100% agree, This feels to much like the Wii-U all over again and I won't fall for that a 2nd time. Ill wait until ether more games come out or a price drop. As it stands when I do it it ill be playing Single Player games now. There is no way I'm paying for Nintendo' service as is.
    Kinda thankful I learned my lesson way back when with the GC and the whopping 2 games I purchased for it. Granted, those two games were amazingly fun (Smash Bros. Melee and Metroid Prime 1), but I can't justify the price of a console for a couple of games (which will cost 50-60 bucks) when I could simply put that money towards a video card upgrade and/or lots of games via Steam/GOG/etc.

Kinda thankful I learned my lesson way back when with the GC and the whopping 2 games I purchased for it. Granted, those two games were amazingly fun (Smash Bros. Melee and Metroid Prime 1), but I can't justify the price of a console for a couple of games (which will cost 50-60 bucks) when I could simply put that money towards a video card upgrade and/or lots of games via Steam/GOG/etc.
    the gamecube was nintendos gaming peak imo, there were a lot of good games. Strange you only got 2 games, nothing else interested you? Crystal chronicles? Sunshine? LUIGIS MANSION?!?!!?!?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I don't disagree.

But mentioning Totalbiscuit, dude is really a hack and just looking for views when talking about Nintendo. He knows jack shit about Nintendo and the fact he devoted like 10 mins to talking about Zelda being 60 fps shows.

No Zelda game has ever been 60 fps. BoTW was never going to be 60. Nintendo prioritizes 60 fps in genres that greatly benefit from it. Zelda's slow paced combat does not benefit much from 60 fps at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    the gamecube was nintendos gaming peak imo, there were a lot of good games. Strange you only got 2 games, nothing else interested you? Crystal chronicles? Sunshine? LUIGIS MANSION?!?!!?!?
    Between various games on Xbox (which I also had) and delving into PC gaming not long after I had obtained both an Xbox and GC, my attention was diverted elsewhere (namely to PC, as it would turn out).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I don't disagree.

But mentioning Totalbiscuit, dude is really a hack and just looking for views when talking about Nintendo. He knows jack shit about Nintendo and the fact he devoted like 10 mins to talking about Zelda being 60 fps shows.

No Zelda game has ever been 60 fps. BoTW was never going to be 60. Nintendo prioritizes 60 fps in genres that greatly benefit from it. Zelda's slow paced combat does not benefit much from 60 fps at all.
    Pretty sure most all the recent videos from all these folks are doing just that...fishing for views.

I pretty much zoned out during his whole tirade about the Zelda game and 60 fps. If the game stays as buttery smooth from what I could see in the bits of demos shown, that's all anyone could really want.

Rather ironic, coming from me, someone who won't play games without a 144 hz monitor anymore.

So has it been stated how the virtual console will work for switch? Will we all have to wait for the slow drip yet again like Wii U, or will the Wii U's VC be ported over? that may actually be able to tip me into buying it early, if Nintendo makes a better account system and all the other stuff that would make perfect sense for them to do to help nudge Wii U owners into buying a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    So has it been stated how the virtual console will work for switch? Will we all have to wait for the slow drip yet again like Wii U, or will the Wii U's VC be ported over? that may actually be able to tip me into buying it early, if Nintendo makes a better account system and all the other stuff that would make perfect sense for them to do to help nudge Wii U owners into buying a switch.
    Nothing has been said yet but its a safe bet you will have to rebuy all those game again.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ming-to-switch

More interesting then cave story coming to The Switch is........

The Switch UI.

So far it looks clean and that's a good thing. Need to see more to fully judge it tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

if not for the online stuff the switch would be amazing.

3D Mario + Zelda + Mario Kart + Splatoon + New IP arms + fire emblem warriors

pretty soon we will probably add pokemon to that list and then theres also retros new game and pikmin 4 being worked on.

compare that to wiiu and 3ds year one. blows it out of the water.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and the port of smash bros.

- - - Updated - - -

ad wise. as long as tendo keeps this up, its gonna be killer

short and sweet, play anywhere anytime. grade A marketing
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Wii U year one had NSMBU, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World, Wonderful 101, Nintendoland(which btw was bundled in and miles better then 1-2 Switch garbage) and 2 months after the year anniversary got Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

"Blowing out of the water"?

The Wii U had a good launch year, the problem was it had basically jack shit between launch and Pikmin 3 which was the majority of the year.

Legit the only games coming out this year on the switch I give a shit about is Zelda(which is a port), Splatoon 2 and Mario. Wii U year 1 wins for me. Xenoblade 2 will make 2017 my ass. It's a stretch it will even make 2017 in Japan let alone NA.

Definitely not some amazing year 1 lineup in the least.

Don't even get me started on people listing mussou garbage KT churns out as amazing games.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-19 at 11:56 PM.

A much better ad that does a better job of showing the console off than most of what they put out for the Wii U.

I still don't get why you need the stupid app for voice chat, the damn Switch has a 3.5mm jack for headphones. Their "solution" seems so fucking pants on head retarded, and that's not even touching on the possibility that all multiplayer is handled through the app...

Seriously, the idiocy of this shit makes me actually angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    A much better ad that does a better job of showing the console off than most of what they put out for the Wii U.

I still don't get why you need the stupid app for voice chat, the damn Switch has a 3.5mm jack for headphones. Their "solution" seems so fucking pants on head retarded, and that's not even touching on the possibility that all multiplayer is handled through the app...

Seriously, the idiocy of this shit makes me actually angry.
    they don't want people to carry around headsets

cause it's such a hassle compared to carrying around a glorified tablet

if people wanted to use their phones they could of, with discord, cause it's free.... and better.....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Good news though guys, in response to questions about streaming services...

All of our efforts have gone toward making the Nintendo Switch system an amazing dedicated video game platform, so it will not support any video-streaming services at launch. However, support for video-streaming services is being considered for a future update.
    So there may be support for them in a future update. How exciting for the year 2017.

So there may be support for them in a future update. How exciting for the year 2017.
    This is amazing, i cant fathom why nintendo would do this shit. I mean its like they want thier brand to fail.

and skyrim for the year 2017 xD

Nintendo are years ahead of everyone else in technology, if this is the year 1995.

The problem with wiiu was it had way too many 2d platformers and the media doesn't care about 2d platformers
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    The problem with wiiu was it had way too many 2d platformers and the media doesn't care about 2d platformers
    It had 3. 4 if you count Mario Maker.

Wow, so many 2D platformers.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Roflmao....

That's not even in the top 20 list of problems with the Wii-U.

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo gotta be Nintendo.....

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like...almost unbelievable. I will be legitimately surprised if the Switch manages to be successful at this point.

Really hope they bring their 1st party A game. That's the only positive they have right now...

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    This is like...almost unbelievable. I will be legitimately surprised if the Switch manages to be successful at this point.
    Personally at this point, ill be impressed if it does better then the Wii-U.