Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy1 View Post
    The issue is that we have one very strong cooldown. Crusade is super strong an pre nerf an extra one or two cursades on most fights is broken. The end result was a 50-60k dps increases which is way too powerful. It is not worth taking now especially since very few bosses have duration long enough for us to get any benefit from this trinket. This also means Faulty Countermeassure remains as strong as ever since the cooldowns still line up.
    Still boggles my mind that they haven't shifted some of our Crusade damage to outside Crusade.

It would make things like this way less of an issue and might even inadvertently make DP viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Maybe he would if you didnt post >idiocy<.
    The people saying that the trinket only shaves off 10second of a cd are the people i'm disagreeing with. Because they're wrong and in game testing confirms that.

I get being upset a trinket was nerfed just for you, it shouldn't have been, it should also have DEFINITELY been nerfed for monks, and possibly rogues too.

But the trinket for rets is still upper upper tier, top 5 and combo'd with Draught probably still best because of the synergy. Because unlike what people seem to think, it will take off 10-40seconds each minute from your cds depending on luck post-nerf. So it still does something noticable.

I didn't mean to cause a fuss over it, It just makes me cringe seeing people who think it only does 10seconds for an entire cd duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    The people saying that the trinket only shaves off 10second of a cd are the people i'm disagreeing with. Because they're wrong and in game testing confirms that.

I get being upset a trinket was nerfed just for you, it shouldn't have been, it should also have DEFINITELY been nerfed for monks, and possibly rogues too.

But the trinket for rets is still upper upper tier, top 5 and combo'd with Draught probably still best because of the synergy. Because unlike what people seem to think, it will take off 10-40seconds each minute from your cds depending on luck post-nerf. So it still does something noticable.

I didn't mean to cause a fuss over it, It just makes me cringe seeing people who think it only does 10seconds for an entire cd duration.
    It's nowhere near top tier where it literally gains nothing over other crap str+proc trinkets in the raid. When other specs actually gain from it , it would be a total waste on Ret period. On top of that it is also the worst scaling with ilvl trinket because it's only value never scaled to begin with.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...view?sle=true#

Now try and imagine FCM at actual ilvl cap of 920-925 w-e it is going to be compared to that stuff from raid.
    Last edited by Neldarie; 2017-01-19 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    It's nowhere near top tier where it literally gains nothing over other crap str+proc trinkets in the raid. When other specs actually gain from it , it would be a total waste on Ret period. On top of that it is also the worst scaling with ilvl trinket because it's only value never scaled to begin with.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...view?sle=true#
    Convergence and Draught combo and amplifies its strength, because Draughts hits counts as auto attacks.

Imo an 890 Draught and Convergence > 875 Faulty. But not enough sims out yet to confirm or deny.

Atleast Ret is still strong.

Ret is strong for now untill real classes will get the chance to scale. It's not autoattacks its all attacks so draught scaling CoF is almost moot point. Draught was only good when ya could pop it w-o much delay during every Crusade via old CoF.

I think eye of command is worse than these sims suggest. Only due to the nature of encounters, most of nighthold bosses have important adds to handle. Assuming we do not use the legendary trinket. Which trinkets would generally be best? Claw + Faulty countermeassure seems strong to me.

"With the opening of the Nighthold on Normal and Heroic difficulties, the maximum item level for Warforged or Titanforged items is now 925. Any item that could previously drop at or above item level 895 can now reach a maximum of 925.

Next week, when Mythic Nighthold releases, we’ll be increasing the cap on Mythic Keystone dungeon rewards from 12 to 15 (at 5 item levels per difficulty level). If you’re able to complete a Level 15 Keystone run this week, you’ll have a Mythic 15 reward waiting for you in your Order Hall cache next week."

Yup rip forever farming Vault times have begun....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This actually varies with number of relics; with 2 Wrath of the Ashbringer relics you would get an extra Crusade with the post nerf CoF at fight durations of 7:55-8:00, 9:45-10:00, 11:35-12:00, 13:25-14:00 (and you would get less than a full Crusade at several other intervals as well I guess).

Meanwhile pre nerf you would at most get two Crusades more and almost always get one Crusade more.

In practice, I think the trinket should have been nerfed enough that you could always get some decent advantage out of it (so enough so you would get 20 second reduction on average; a 40% nerf) but desync it with Draught to avoid the combo (if you had 100sec CD on Crusade and still tried to only use Draught at 15 stacks, you would lose at least one activation of Draught on every fight, more on longer fights since you would be delaying it for 20+ seconds each time instead of 5-10 seconds). This would have made CoF still BiS but without such a massive lead and would allow for more trinket combinations
    I agree. That is the whole problem. The nerf was too extreme.

- - - Updated - - -

Ret pally discord. They say it's still good. They know more than you and I.

And you'll recieve 10-40seconds reduction per minute.
    If its Solsacra/mserrano and generally the theorycrafters saying it, it's safe to believe. If its random Joe, not so much. Either way, theres no chance i'm gonna farm VotW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I agree. That is the whole problem. The nerf was too extreme.

- - - Updated - - -

If its Solsacra/mserrano and generally the theorycrafters saying it, it's safe to believe. If its random Joe, not so much. Either way, theres no chance i'm gonna farm VotW.
    Twas Solsacra I think. Dude had a yellow name.

Twas Solsacra I think. Dude had a yellow name.
    It's safe to ignore what Solsacra has to say too.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post

...You rang?

It's quite amazing how people like you can make broad assessments of statements taken out of context. Truly, a remarkable skill.
    Last edited by Solsacra; 2017-01-19 at 08:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It seems to be all down to haste, basically...

Here's the old blue posts on RPPM mechanics:

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Real_PPM

I'll wait and see what the theorycrafters say, but... urgh. Why you'd even make an RPPM trinket for a spec that can hit 75% haste without gear... I dunno.

Evil Eye of Galakras was the correct way to adjust big cooldowns, Blizzard. A nice, flat % modifier works a heck of a lot better than this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Evil Eye of Galakras was the correct way to adjust big cooldowns, Blizzard.
    I like how you address to Blizzard here instead on their forums.

I was under the impression that rppm was changed to not scale with haste unless otherwise stated (like certain trinkets with dmg procs).

Deleted
    About the nerf;

Even though the trinket got gutted, many of you forget where it really will shine; The last two bosses in NH. CoF will probably be BiS by far for Ret on these when we enter mythic, due to same mechanic on Elisande (accumulative effect of haste and recharge) and the length of Gul'dan. Imagine the un-nerfed version there..

Accumulative effect is such a strong factor in this game. Take our legendary belt as an example. Before people could actually try it out many were arguing that "Will Belt or Cloak be bis now?" since 20% only in a Crusade seemed good but not godlike to most people. Look what happened. It completely broke all logs and got nerfed only after a week. Even after the change it's still slightly better than cloak.

The only problem I have with Blizzard is how these items goes through PTR testing without them realizing it's broken af. Feel bad for people when they their hopes up for an item which is bound to get nerfed in an instant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I just got Draught. Is there anyone here who has both Draught and CoF who can tell me how much Draught affects CoF?

Also, what are your opinions on when the first Draught should be used with Crusade? The very end? The moment there's 15 stacks? Some other time? Right now, I'm rolling Memento & Draught because I both simmed and tested that to be better than Horn & Draught. I tend to wait for a crit buff from Memento and then pop Draught. If that doesn't happen, I pop it at the end of Crusade, last 3 seconds.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2017-01-20 at 12:27 AM.

Well if that's the game you want to play, why not.

It's safe to ignore what you have to say, too.
    Last edited by Fatali; 2017-01-20 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatali View Post
    Well if that's the game you want to play, why not.

It's safe to ignore what you have to say, too.
    This was when Draught of Souls had 2 min cd, good job.

This was when Draught of Souls had 2 min cd, good job.
    Thanks, I just followed your lead.

I took things out of context and presented them in the worst light possible.

You're a great teacher. We should hang out some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatali View Post
    Thanks, I just followed your lead.

I took things out of context and presented them in the worst light possible.

You're a great teacher. We should hang out some time.
    The thing is, telling people to get 30% haste is bullshit regardless of context.