Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    No, silly, it's going to go to the NHS, remember ?
    Hospitals, hospitals, hospitals!

You won't be able to go out for a kebab without passing 10 hospitals!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You can't even say that the British wanted out, only 27% of the British population (37% of the voter base) voted Leave.
    51% voted leave. If those that didn't vote didn't want to leave then it's their own fault for not voting and should STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    51% voted leave. If those that didn't vote didn't want to leave then it's their own fault for not voting and should STFU.
    Something something vocal minority
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Something something vocal minority
    Not really EVERYBODY knew the importance of the vote. If you truly felt passionately about remaining you WOULD VOTE. It's really that simple, majority of Britain either cba or don't care either way

Not really EVERYBODY knew the importance of the vote. If you truly felt passionately about remaining you WOULD VOTE. It's really that simple, majority of Britain either cba or don't care either way
    No; precisely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    No; precisely.
    You can disagree but the evidence suggests a number of the British people didn't feel strong enough on EU to vote at all

- - - Updated - - -

I will concede majority was the incorrect word

Nice margin lol. But you were talking about what the people want, not who won the vote. You need to phrase your sentences carefully when your side barely scraped in. Almost as many people voted against it as for it, and heaps didn't vote at all, that's the reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Nice margin lol. But you were talking about what the people want, not who won the vote. You need to phrase your sentences carefully when your side barely scraped in. Almost as many people voted against it as for it, and heaps didn't vote at all, that's the reality.
    Barely scraped in? Despite the fact that never in the history of UK referenda have over 17 million people voted for something or someone? Ever.
    Pretty big majority, if not the biggest in British history. Ever.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Barely scraped in? Despite the fact that never in the history of UK referenda have over 17 million people voted for something or someone? Ever.
    Pretty big majority, if not the biggest in British history. Ever.
    Big number != big majority

Also the history of UK referenda ... there were like three of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Big number != big majority

Also the history of UK referenda ... there were like three of them.
    Very true the fact stands, glad you agree. Here is another.

Never before in the history of UK referenda have 72% of the population turned out to vote. Ever.
    It would be very fair to say that Brexit has the biggest validity in UK history. Ever.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

It would be very fair to say that Brexit has the biggest validity in UK history. Ever.
    doubtful since at least half the people who voted to leave had no idea what they were actually voting for after months of being fed completely idiotic soundbites from both sides

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    doubtful since at least half the people who voted to leave had no idea what they were actually voting for after months of being fed completely idiotic soundbites from both sides
    From both sides? I don't think I actually heard any arguments from Remain. i think most people just thought "they can't be that stupid" and didn't actually prop up any argument.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    and if so it follows that half the people who voted for remain had no idea either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    From both sides? I don't think I actually heard any arguments from Remain. i think most people just thought "they can't be that stupid" and didn't actually prop up any argument.
    That's my impression as an outsider as well. I can't tell how many people on this forum said "It won't happen" among the drunk cheers of the "It will happen, you'll see" crowd.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That's my impression as an outsider as well. I can't tell how many people on this forum said "It won't happen" among the drunk cheers of the "It will happen, you'll see" crowd.
    Oh as you are here this is for you from my favourite Scot.

Only fair to say it's from a new Brexit website that launched today. westmonster.com

Oh as you are here this is for you from my favourite Scot.

Only fair to say it's from a new Brexit website that launched today. westmonster.com
    I got a bit bored after 1 minute. I lost interest in pointed questions a long time ago.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    I got a bit bored after 1 minute. I lost interest in pointed questions a long time ago.
    Pointed questions = valid questions, shame no one seems able to answer them, not even a German MEP.

Pointed questions = valid questions, shame no one seems able to answer them, not even a German MEP.
    He did answer them. Not his problem that they're not interested, really. Did you get that bit where he pointed out that social security and labour markets are national reponsibilities not the EU's? Guess not... it's much harder to hate on the EU when they're being reasonable, I know.

7+ Year Old Account
    He did answer them. Not his problem that they're not interested, really. Did you get that bit where he pointed out that social security and labour markets are national reponsibilities not the EU's? Guess not... it's much harder to hate on the EU when they're being reasonable, I know.
    He was just passing the buck. Everything bad that happens to an EU country is down to its national government whereas anything good that happens is to the credit of the EU. Most people have seen through that smokescreen, it's not reasonableness in any shape or form.

He was just passing the buck. Everything bad that happens to an EU country is down to its national government whereas anything good that happens is to the credit of the EU. Most people have seen through that smokescreen, it's not reasonableness in any shape or form.
    Ah ok, so any argument that doesn't agree with the Brexit is a smokescreen?

Do you think that'll carry Britain through the negotiations? :P