10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Of course you should use approriate builds for every fight. AoE build for AoE heavy fight and ST build for ST fight.

You should also think of effective damage. Padding AoE gives nice rankings, but it doesn't help if the fight has high ST priorities. Mythic Botanist will be a prime example of this. You can pad meters on it like on the HC version if you go with full memekin build, but the fight's focus switches into ST because the clones will heal up when one of them dies, making any AoE cleave on them obsolete.
    Only seen it on normal so far, but I'd have thought with flowers and orbs, ss/sd build would still be higher effective dps than a pure St build, no?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Of course you should use approriate builds for every fight. AoE build for AoE heavy fight and ST build for ST fight.

You should also think of effective damage. Padding AoE gives nice rankings, but it doesn't help if the fight has high ST priorities. Mythic Botanist will be a prime example of this. You can pad meters on it like on the HC version if you go with full memekin build, but the fight's focus switches into ST because the clones will heal up when one of them dies, making any AoE cleave on them obsolete.
    well, I am not sure what to say... you obviously have not understood what I was trying to say.
    I was not talking about 'padding' dmg meters by doing the encounter with the wrong build only to make it look like I do huge dps.

what I was saying, aoe build is good for every non strictly-singletarget encounter, in order to give testimony about how good and fun this build can be, especially when you cant just stand still and cast.

even with just 2 targets when you can cover them with starfall effect area, is much better to do with aoe build especially when you dont have the ED legendary.

that s all I was saying.

There is a difference between doing 50/50 damage with starfall, and doing 90/10 damage with single target rotation on priority adds, Like on Guldan and Elesandra

Yeah if ED didn't exists Head would definetly be one of the tier pieces to use.

However, since ED is a thing, I left head out from that list.
    Since ED doesn't do much if anything on AoE fights you prob just have to get the tier anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Since ED doesn't do much if anything on AoE fights you prob just have to get the tier anyways
    You wont go AoE on most mythic fights

Fortunately most is not all

Fortunately most is not all
    There is more single target priority fights than AoE. Taking a tier helm away from someone else that will use it 100% of the time is just dumb

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    There is more single target priority fights than AoE. Taking a tier helm away from someone else that will use it 100% of the time is just dumb
    That still leaves it relevant for people who don't have ED.

So for those of us who are not blessed with a single legendary Balance item, what do we use for the specific Nighthold bosses (switching between Resto, Feral and Balance)?

10+ Year Old Account
    For normal and heroic NH, what would be a good gear setup per boss, including tier and leggys?
    For example:
    Scorp: Ed + Ife, 4 piece t19: glove,chest,pant,cloak.

Taking a tier helm away from someone else that will use it 100% of the time is just dumb
    Fortunately no one suggested that

Fortunately no one suggested that
    I never said anyone did

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That still leaves it relevant for people who don't have ED.
    I don't have ED yet I counted Head slot away from the tier pieces. If I get ED that token would be wasted and I'd need 5th piece.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Only seen it on normal so far, but I'd have thought with flowers and orbs, ss/sd build would still be higher effective dps than a pure St build, no?
    Have to see about that when we get to the fight. It also depends on your legendaries. I'd say that if you have ED go with ST build and focus on priority boss. Though with multiple targets available for most of the fight, SS could be better for AsP generation than BotA.

Flowers also should live for so short time that it's not worth much to use SF on them if they're done properly.

I don't have ED yet I counted Head slot away from the tier pieces. If I get ED that token would be wasted and I'd need 5th piece.
    If you don't have it yet the chance of getting it anytime soon is to low for this gamble to be worthwhile. Taking the helm now and another piece when everybody already has their 4-piece is better odds.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Some updated visual effects for Hunters, Death Knights, and Balance Druids
    Now that's an odd one.

I also didn't take the gloves, as that would make me having ED breakpoint + 4pc kind of impossible (or well I'd have to equip vastly lower trinkets) so it would defeat the purpose in a sense.

Deleted
    Hm yesterday I noticed my Cinidaria was doing basically no damage on heroic Krosus, has anybody else had the issue? I tried re-equipping it and relogging to no avail; it resulted in a grand total of 250k damage on our kill, vs 4-8M on other fights...

I never said anyone did
    lol what? Words have meaning. You said it by talking about it.
    Last edited by Myztikrice; 2017-01-20 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If you don't have it yet the chance of getting it anytime soon is to low for this gamble to be worthwhile. Taking the helm now and another piece when everybody already has their 4-piece is better odds.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Some updated visual effects for Hunters, Death Knights, and Balance Druids
    Now that's an odd one.
    New animations are lit af bois. Once worldserver stops crashing i'll record some for ya. New animation for LS, SW and SS and a slight alteration for Starfall. Haven't checked FoE yet.

the new LS animation is very nice i liked a lot.

I dont like the SS animation. Just looks like a blue SW