Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Tomb of Sargeras and the Broken Isles are a fel saturated area. Any demon that dies there dies -permanently- and the Kil'Jaeden fight might not even happen in the Tomb we might just go through the portal itself with Illidan and kill Kil'jaeden on Argus
    I don't think it works like that, but if it does, fine me. Also, good idea with the portal, I could see that happening

People are just delusional and trying to come up with most stupid reasons to keep Sargeras around. There's no chance Sargeras isn't the final boss.
    I'm delusional? For having an opinion? lolok

I don't give a shit about keeping Sargeras alive, I just don't think it's too outlandish to think KJ will flee and will be defeated in his fortress on Argus.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    It's not "Non" canon either. Blizzard still has it "Undecided" for now...
    Correct.

That said, Gul'dan refers to the warlock who retrieves the scepter of sargeras as "the slayer of Archimonde".

Personally I think we'll fight Sargeras with the spirits of Kil and Archi helping focus his (Sargeras) spirit into some mortal form (Khadgar/Medivh). Well kill that, blow the planet, permanently destroy the two Eredar and send Sargeras back to the nether to recoup for another few decades.

I think shes agreeing with you but I also know that its time for the Legion's story to end. They've been the main baddie in 3 expansions. [W3, BC, and Legion]. Your time is up Sargeras; and N'zoth, Azshara, Kel'Thuzad, The Infinite Dragonflight, and plenty others are waiting in line to get hit by the loot pinata baseball bat.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    The only thing we have regarding Archimonde's death is this statement from Kosak:

Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Is Archimonde really dead?
    I can tell you our idea behind that. We might change it. This might not be canon. This might be something that we decide we're gonna tinker with. I'll try and explain what the thinking was. The idea was that the demons in the Burning Legion, they're kind of immortal in that they can exist across all the planes, unless they're killed in the actual Twisting Nether itself. So killing Archimonde at the World Tree in Warcraft 3... well, he was killed on Azeroth, but he would re-coalesce in the Twisting Nether and come back to haunt us again. And the idea was if you played in Mythic and defeated Archimonde, you actually defeated him in the Nether and that he'd be dead dead for good. That was the idea that we played with. We tried to explain that and I don't know if... that certainly doesn't come across in-game because it's not necessarily explained in-game. Maybe we'll change that. Maybe we'll change the canon of that. But that was the idea that we were working with... was unless you rip these demons out and take them to the Twisting Nether and kill them there, they'll always keep coming back. But maybe that's not canon. Maybe we'll tinker with that idea.
    Last edited by mmoc121f221165; 2017-01-20 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    No they clarified in the Illidan Book, Eredar Lords can't die unless their source of power on Argus is destroyed. This worked the same with Nathrazim until Illidan destroyed their home planet shortly before BC.
    Yeah And it is also clarified in a cinematic that sylvanas is warchief. I am unsure about that stuff you are talking about. The only real (not literally of course) way to perma kill a demon is to kill them in the twisting nether. But that doesnt happen in the Tanaan cinematic (which is canon i might add Dislike it or not, but like SoO Cinematic Garrosh wasnt defeated in a Dream Stormwind, nor did Sargeras take over Illidans body after Guldan was defeated and then they defeated illidindunuffins corpse for him to get back in a green crystal and guldan got resurrected.

that didnt happen in the Cinematics and thus it wasnt canon.

Its more or less "Extra Rule of Cool" in encounter x y z.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I don't think it works like that, but if it does, fine me. Also, good idea with the portal, I could see that happening
    that's the way it's supposed to work. an area can be sufficiently fel infused to permanently kill them. but it's entirely inconsistent in how it is portrayed.

like i said with marduum and the demon hunter, not enough to permanently kill her/him. but sufficient enough to permanently kill the brood queen and her lover.

dreadscar rift is another problem too. the pitlord that you defeat to take control of it, seems to not be dead either. his body is bound and his heart chained and beating. dreadscar rift is within the nether if i'm not mistaken. so they're entirely inconsistent with this shit and it's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Isoe View Post
    The only thing we have regarding Archimonde's death is which I believe one of the most confusing statement I read from Blizzard:

Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Is Archimonde really dead?
    I can tell you our idea behind that. We might change it. This might not be canon. This might be something that we decide we're gonna tinker with. I'll try and explain what the thinking was. The idea was that the demons in the Burning Legion, they're kind of immortal in that they can exist across all the planes, unless they're killed in the actual Twisting Nether itself. So killing Archimonde at the World Tree in Warcraft 3... well, he was killed on Azeroth, but he would re-coalesce in the Twisting Nether and come back to haunt us again. And the idea was if you played in Mythic and defeated Archimonde, you actually defeated him in the Nether and that he'd be dead dead for good. That was the idea that we played with. We tried to explain that and I don't know if... that certainly doesn't come across in-game because it's not necessarily explained in-game. Maybe we'll change that. Maybe we'll change the canon of that. But that was the idea that we were working with... was unless you rip these demons out and take them to the Twisting Nether and kill them there, they'll always keep coming back. But maybe that's not canon. Maybe we'll tinker with that idea.
    Good thing David Kosak is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    oh,wow. nice to see some warcraft characters in legion.
    (I mean, there's plenty of those, but yes heh)

I also wonder what role Gallywix will have since his model was updated, and with our return to the Broken Shore I just know another main character is going to die and I'm pretty sure its going to be Sylvanas.

what the story behind Naisha, never came across her or didn't notice her. Something specific to a class campaign ?
    get the fuck out of my wow NOW

I think it's safe to assume Archimonde is dead. Although killing in a phase of Mythic that not may see or ever experience is in my opinion pretty shitty.

I just hope he isn't because I want a Archimonde + Kil'Jaeden duo boss fight of epic proportions, I can't imagine anything more epic in all of Warcraft than fighting those two with Velen at our side.

It's also safe to assume that at the end of this expansion we will sacrifice our artifacts to kill Sargeras. I think Illidan will also sacrifice himself to kill Sargeras, he will probably be the one to wield our Artifacts 'essence' in the end cutscene. The reason I think this is because; we need to get rid of our Artifacts somehow and it's safe to assume that is planned. Illidans story is all about Sacrifice and his existence is pointless without the Legion.

I thought Mephistroth was actually going to die in the Class Order Continuation of the Warlock / Demonology but him being in a dungeon is groovy. That leaves...5 of the high profile ones left 'alive'!

Mal'Ganis who was spotted at the Broken Shore Scenario but has done nothing of note so far. Could be part of the Deathknight Class Order Campaign as him and the Lich King have beef and I'm surprised they have left the Lich King alone so far as he is one of their rogue minions.

Detheroc died but he didn't die in the Nether so he should be back at some point.

Anetheron was spotted at the Broken Shore Scenario but I'm not sure why I counted him as high profile when he hasn't actually done anything.

Kathra'natir is in a Soulstone Diablo Style from the Mage Campaign

and finally...Varimathras who has not spotted at the Broken Shore or anywhere else. Sylvanas is quite an important lore character in this expansion so I imagine they might possibly have a special moment together at some point this expansion, he'll probably suggest something like trying to lead Sylvanas to becoming the Lich Kings replacement to ensure eternal life for herself and the Forsaken, good old Varimthras and Putress death to the living style. I imagine she will be a good girl and will refuse out of some sort of principal she has or to symbolise some sort of redemption to remind us she's not totally insane. Or maybe Varimathras got smited from the Universe after the Battle of the Undercity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxDRy0Kx4bU On extension of this fact Varimathras could be considered Rogue by the Legion as he tried to kill Balnazzar which breaks the Dreadlords code of never slaying one another but it could of been a ruse and part of their sneaky plans in order to get Varimathras purposefully 'in' with Sylvanas back then which I'm 99.99% sure it was but you never know. Or we just beat his face in some fight at some point, I think I'm asking too much of wow storywriters as expecting some form of continuation of storylines is of course preposterous, see Wrathion who is MIA from the expansion HE hyped up and many more.

I was worried that Mistress Sazzs'ine was actually Azshara when they revealed her at Blizzcon, because she is wearing a crown and Ion said she'd have a Kraken with her who I assumed was Ozumat and I figured that only Azshara could have any control over Ozumat so I presumed it was her. Glad I was wrong as I still think she deserves her own expansion and the fact her expansion might occur AFTER the Legion one leaves me quite excited for her power level.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-01-20 at 03:31 AM.

what the story behind Naisha, never came across her or didn't notice her. Something specific to a class campaign ?
    She was in WC3:TFT. She was second to Maiev. Possible lover, unconfirmed but insinuated. Also one the big reasons why Maiev hates Illidan so much outside of duty. When Illidan retrieves the skull of Gul'dan from the Tomb of Sargeras, he brings to tomb down around him in an attempt to kill/tap Maiev and her forces. Maiev promises to avenge them and uses her ability to blink to escape.

21min in

10+ Year Old Account
    I called it!
    Also PTR isn't working for me.
    For the Horde!

Jesus Christ if you despite evidence think otherwise, Then I wont argue with you.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    I called it!
    Also PTR isn't working for me.
    it just went down.

Not that you could stay on for more than 10 seconds.

T_T All I wanted to do was look at the raid journal.

Varimathras will probably be in 7.3 and if Sylvanas doesn't die in 7.2, she will in 7.3 [If they intend to follow their mass-killing-spree and they've given SO many hints about her dying its just too obvious]. Vari will prob face off against Sylvy or he'll try to bait her with a choice, immortality or her own people.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, if they want to invalidate their own cinematic, they can make him dead.
    Problem with that is they will have to come up with a new reason for Gul'dan being on Azeroth since the cinematic shows Archimonde still alive shoving him there. Honestly they could go with "The area is fel saturated enough." and that would be a good enough answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    She was in WC3:TFT. She was second to Maiev. Possible lover, unconfirmed but insinuated. Also one the big reasons why Maiev hates Illidan so much outside of duty. When Illidan retrieves the skull of Gul'dan from the Tomb of Sargeras, he brings to tomb down around him in an attempt to kill/tap Maiev and her forces. Maiev promises to avenge them and uses her ability to blink to escape.

21min in
    So..maiev was a les? No wonder why she's such a dick to khadgar. CUZ HE WAZ A WHITE MALE! D:< /s

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Good thing David Kosak is gone.
    So we have Blizzard giving an actual statement, which you disregard for what subsequent evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    So..maiev was a les? No wonder why she's such a dick to khadgar. CUZ HE WAZ A WHITE MALE! D:< /s
    Not confirmed, but Maiev could be. NE's always seemed in the lore, at least to me, as being attracted to both sexes. Especially with most of the males always in the dream.