Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Warlock 7.2 PTR Information

The 7.2 PTR is going up and Warlock information should be trickling in soon.

First up, Warlocks are one of the classes getting three tints for our class mount. Afflic has the purple Netherlord's Accursed Deadsteed, Demo has the red Netherlord's Brimstone Deadsteed, and Destro the green Netherlord's Chaotic Deadsteed.

I wonder if it's truly per spec. Rogues and paladins have four colours, but only three specs as far as I know.

Eheheh.. So at least they bothered to recolour the mounts, eh?
    Gt admit, Blizzard went all out on this.. Must have taken the team hours to make.
    Probably on one of they breaks from working on the DK and Boomkin visuals.
    And I am not even joking on that last one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't be less stoked about another fucking horse mount.

I'm so salty looking at the other ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Couldn't be less stoked about another fucking horse mount.

I'm so salty looking at the other ones.
    Same, we're getting a HD remake of the mount we have already.

Give me something new. This is bullcrap.

Adding spikes on a stupid dreadsteed is so underwhelming. It doesn't even have wings, it flies with "hoofprints left behind in the sky" for a few seconds.

I would think the Brimstone (orange) version would be for Destruction. But then again, I'd rather have the freedom of choice.

Affliction and destro ones are pretty nice. Hate red so I feel bad for demo.

It's too bad the horse didn't get bad wings or a fire trail while flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    It's too bad the horse didn't get bad wings or a fire trail while flying.
    It's too early to say it doesn't. These are just Mount Journal stills, we haven't seen them in action yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    It's too early to say it doesn't. These are just Mount Journal stills, we haven't seen them in action yet.
    Its confirmed they fly with a weird magical trail in the sky, not wings.

The 7.2 PTR is going up and Warlock information should be trickling in soon.

First up, Warlocks are one of the classes getting three tints for our class mount. Afflic has the purple Netherlord's Accursed Deadsteed, Demo has the red Netherlord's Brimstone Deadsteed, and Destro the green Netherlord's Chaotic Deadsteed.
    Still ugly as hell mounts, such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by transparent View Post
    Still ugly as hell mounts, such a shame.
    Something something subjectivity.

I honestly would rather ride my epic green mount than those "new" horses.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB: Updated spell effects after 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by kavousanos View Post
    Probably on one of they breaks from working on the DK and Boomkin visuals.
    For the Nth time, all caster classes are getting new spell animations. It's just a question of which ones get finished and pushed out first.

For the Nth time, all caster classes are getting new spell animations. It's just a question of which ones get finished and pushed out first.
    Ah, that's great to here. Would have been nice if they had put that in the notes. Where'd you hear this from? Was it from Blizzcon? I must have missed it if so.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Its confirmed they fly with a weird magical trail in the sky, not wings.
    The exact tweet: "the pally and warlock mounts do not have wings, they leave golden/fel/fiery/shadow footprints in the sky (cool new tech!)"

So, don't assume it looks like any previously existing effect. I look forward to some video of it in action.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by transparent View Post
    Ah, that's great to here. Would have been nice if they had put that in the notes. Where'd you hear this from? Was it from Blizzcon? I must have missed it if so.
    Yeah, Blizzcon. Short version, they're working on updating all player ability effects, but animations are the most man-hour intensive game element to add. Melee got priority so those were all done for Legion launch. Caster effects are in-progress and will be released as soon as each spec is finished rather than holding them all back for the next expac.

Also, looks like the "new Unholy DK" thing is new ghoul models. Which I won't begrudge, those things were ancient.

The exact tweet: "the pally and warlock mounts do not have wings, they leave golden/fel/fiery/shadow footprints in the sky (cool new tech!)"

So, don't assume it looks like any previously existing effect. I look forward to some video of it in action.
    ...it doesn't have wings, which is what the original person was talking about.

I'm so happy we're just getting another Dreadsteed with slightly higher graphics and 3 spikes on it.

Yay an Flying Armored FelHorse.

Yay

-.-

Years, years we've clamored for a flying class mount.
    Doomguards were the clear answer here.
    We got a worse looking dreadsteed.
    Oh.
    OK.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Something something subjectivity.
    Fair enough, I'll rephrase it a bit as it wasn't exactly what I meant to say. It's a shame that it's horse since we already have a horse. Would have been great if we were given something other than that.