Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cl4nK View Post
    Well, obviously they don't need to feed everyone at the same time, but they do need to feed everyone. I mean, there has to be a drawnback from letting the Nighwell die out. Simply letting everyone be happy and peaceful without any kinda of withdrawn is simply silly. No other magic attuned Elf Group was/is able to live without any "lingering" effect, the same should be for the Nightborne, but I really doubt Blizzard is gonna bother with them anymore.
    I don't think this needs to be addressed in the game. Blizzard will probably cover this in interviews/books/gossip/whatever and move the game onwards to Tomb of Sargeras/Argus. Maybe, if Nightborne turn out playable some day, we could see the consequences in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neat. I would have thought Liadrin would counsel against destroying the Nightwell though, given the benefits she and her race draw from the Sunwell. If it could've been saved then there's still a lot a power source like that could have offered the Nightborne.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    -shortened-
    I think looking at physical appearance of the wells might help disperse confusion between them.

The original Well of Eternity was a leaking wound of the titan-soul until titans came around a stabilized the wound. The result was massive still lake of arcane titanblood.

Then there are similarities between Well of Eternity Junior and Sunwell, they were pretty alike. They were created at leyline points and possibly were/are recharging or collecting additional power from the leylines.

The Nightwell is long vertical cone-shaped tube leading somewhere deep underground, inside purple-black thick energy/liquid flows upwards towards the Eye of Aman'thul which sits atop. My impression of this is that the eye is literally siphoning either blood or essence (Lifeblood of the planet) from underground, where as we know the titan-soul sleeps

Thalyssra is the new leader? What happened to Elisande then? I know that she dies in the raid encounter, but then a new her steps out from some kind of time portal and allies herself with the heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Thalyssra is the new leader? What happened to Elisande then? I know that she dies in the raid encounter, but then a new her steps out from some kind of time portal and allies herself with the heroes.
    She never ''stepped out'' of the Nightwell's magic. She was an echo from what it seems like another timeline. It's actually kinda like shes inspecting timelines to see if in any of them the Nightborne would have chance, and thats how she communicated.

Hell, you can't even target her when she's speaking through the past. Shes' the one that grants you the buff in the Gul'dan fight, and after that, her echo fades.

Now that I think about it, in the comic, I'm pretty sure the days she spend looking for possibilties, is in this panel, and thats where the echo is from.

Last edited by Shampro; 2017-01-19 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Neat. I would have thought Liadrin would counsel against destroying the Nightwell though, given the benefits she and her race draw from the Sunwell. If it could've been saved then there's still a lot a power source like that could have offered the Nightborne.
    Liadrin's recourse

Quote Originally Posted by Actimel View Post
    I think looking at physical appearance of the wells might help disperse confusion between them.

The original Well of Eternity was a leaking wound of the titan-soul until titans came around a stabilized the wound. The result was massive still lake of arcane titanblood.

Then there are similarities between Well of Eternity Junior and Sunwell, they were pretty alike. They were created at leyline points and possibly were/are recharging or collecting additional power from the leylines.

The Nightwell is long vertical cone-shaped tube leading somewhere deep underground, inside purple-black thick energy/liquid flows upwards towards the Eye of Aman'thul which sits atop. My impression of this is that the eye is literally siphoning either blood or essence (Lifeblood of the planet) from underground, where as we know the titan-soul sleeps

yeah, indeed, but remember though, the nightborne did have an arcane font atop Suramar, and the city does lie beneath a whole bunch of ley lines, they got all the ley lines from Azsuna going into Surmaar too, they could make a pretty powerful mini well, a natural one this time. However i do like that Elune idea the official forum guy put up, that would be awesome.

But yes, the Nightwell does seem a lot more artificial than any of the others. I still like the thought of having both elven groups with Well's of power .. maybe now with the nightwell gone, the well of eternity would finally be employed by the night elves, it is what Illidan wanted, and he does have 1 more vial hidden away somewhere (doesn't he) he could really revitalize it.

And you're right about the leylines beneath hyjal replenishing and epowering the second well of eternity, I hadn't thought about that, it makes sense why the druid in the artifact quest for restos said the Well would recover in time. Ofc an additional vial of Eternity would be a potent and speedier boost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    She never ''stepped out'' of the Nightwell's magic. She was an echo from what it seems like another timeline. It's actually kinda like shes inspecting timelines to see if in any of them the Nightborne would have chance, and thats how she communicated.

Hell, you can't even target her when she's speaking through the past. Shes' the one that grants you the buff in the Gul'dan fight, and after that, her echo fades.

Now that I think about it, in the comic, I'm pretty sure the days she spend looking for possibilties, is in this panel, and thats where the echo is from.

Ah.. so another Elisande in another AU, is the one that helps us, which means that that particular ELisande would break up with the legion in her time line and help out.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2017-01-19 at 06:08 PM.

Liadrin's recourse

yeah, indeed, but remember though, the nightborne did have an arcane font atop Suramar, and the city does lie beneath a whole bunch of ley lines, they got all the ley lines from Azsuna going into Surmaar too, they could make a pretty powerful mini well, a natural one this time. However i do like that Elune idea the official forum guy put up, that would be awesome.

But yes, the Nightwell does seem a lot more artificial than any of the others. I still like the thought of having both elven groups with Well's of power .. maybe now with the nightwell gone, the well of eternity would finally be employed by the night elves, it is what Illidan wanted, and he does have 1 more vial hidden away somewhere (doesn't he) he could really revitalize it.

And you're right about the leylines beneath hyjal replenishing and epowering the second well of eternity, I hadn't thought about that, it makes sense why the druid in the artifact quest for restos said the Well would recover in time. Ofc an additional vial of Eternity would be a potent and speedier boost.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah.. so another Elisande in another AU, is the one that helps us, which means that that particular ELisande would break up with the legion in her time line and help out.
    Rommath also mentions that blood elves are cured of addiction

so will we get some quests after this or what???

can you click on Illidan after the fight???

Is a echo, not another Elisande from a diferent timeline, she is in the same situation like the echo of arthas and ner'zhul in the frostmourne questline of the dk in the beginning of legion or the echo of medivh in karazhan, maybe is the remnant of power she left behind in case she die and someone can really stop the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    so will we get some quests after this or what???

can you click on Illidan after the fight???
    No, you cant talk to illidan and neither the others elves mention him

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    No, you cant talk to illidan and neither the others elves mention him
    that's some top tier writing right there.

Deleted
    Strongly expected. Seriously, this was built up since 7.0, with the Nightborne rebels and the Arcan'dor. The Nightborne now will focus on rebuilding and stay low-key.

I sure hope this is not the last we've seen of the Nightborne.. they are just awesome XD

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Edgemistress of Elune.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    now let them join our factions!

Good that she is wise enough.

If subraces are added in the next xpac, I could see them being an elf option for both factions
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    If subraces are added in the next xpac, I could see them being an elf option for both factions
    i can see nightborne has a horde option, not an alliance one - with alliance given high elves.

i can see nightborne has a horde option, not an alliance one - with alliance given high elves.
    I see it the other way, as blizzard as said they don't want the models to cross faction, but of course they said this long ago

That's how I see it as well.

However, by just posting this suggestion, we opened the shitgates on this thread. Be prepared for an onslaught of "high elves will be Horde" and "Blizzard will never do that", followed by long essays that say high elves in the Alliance would cause a massive exodus of Horde players migrating to Alliance just because it would have blue-eyed elves. And then we say things like:

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    I see it the other way, as blizzard as said they don't want the models to cross faction, but of course they said this long ago
    They break their own rules sometimes, and have acknowledged players' desires for sub-races. A small but meaningful part of the playerbase has been asking for Alliance high elves for 10 years. So I guess they either high elves will be Alliance or will never be playable at all. The addition of the nightborne opens the possibility of the Horde getting a race based on an Alliance model as compensation.

(Yes, nightborne are neutral, but a small faction of them, maybe led by Valtrois, could very well make and alliance with the blood elves)
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-01-20 at 02:41 PM.