Poll: Do you think subs in Legion are going up or down?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Player activity is down below WoD levels, and that's including people playing on tokens. The number of people actually paying for the game has got to be under a mill now. I can't remember ever seeing such little enthusiasm for a major content patch.

I think they went down, but I think the decline has stopped for now.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Feyranna View Post
    It's a fucking opinion thread. Why are you singling me out and dogging me for my opinion?
    /shoo
    Because really neither prove a healthy population, a guild operating means nothing, it could just be a bunch of mom an pops guilds that have next to no activity. I know because I just pulled 2 of my toons from them. An recruiting could mean either or, it could be signs its healthy, or that their roster is so non existent that they have to continue to recruit. An I could go a step further, since I have seen mythic guilds looking for members thats a sign the population isn't staying around.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    The number of people actually paying for the game has got to be under a mill now.
    This is flat out bullshit. I can understand cynicism but there's simply no way WoW has dropped five times lower than it's lowest recorded point in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably they do go down, but not in large quantities. Cause I still see a LOT of people outdoors doing stuff, which was never the case in WoD after just 2-3 months of play.
    Patch 7.2 might bring few unsubbed people back.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    They probably shot up at launch then dropped back down to "normal" sustained numbers shortly thereafter. This game is never going to maintain more than like 6-7 million subs again. It's just not reasonable. I'd be shocked if it could. We are probably anywhere between 5 and 6 million right now.

I'm not sure it's that high. Legion sold 3 million copies between NA and EU. Maybe, Asia is pulling the weight now? Also, at least from my very anecdotal perspective this X-Pac is already seeing a semi-mass-exodus. The frightening thing is Legion should still be in the Honeymoon phase. It's only 4 months old.

I can't put my finger on it but Legion feels like it has no content. Maybe, because Blizzard is stretching all the content too thinly with all the gates and RNG on top of more gates. Legion, feels like the curtain fell off. The grinding and gating aren't hidden like they used to be. Legion, feels like a Korean MMO.

Considering wowtoken price rises, we're definitely at decline, at least in casual players. Which does not surprise me in the slightest, considering how much time legion requires.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Probably they do go down, but not in large quantities. Cause I still see a LOT of people outdoors doing stuff, which was never the case in WoD after just 2-3 months of play.
    Patch 7.2 might bring few unsubbed people back.
    Yeah you see people because locations in world are no more part of your server and are made cross-realm shards instead. Plus, the addon which auto-gathers parties for world quests. Turn on names, you'll quickly realise that people you see are from other servers.
    Last edited by l33t; 2017-01-20 at 04:55 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you see people because locations in world are no more part of your server and are made cross-realm shards instead.
    Well, it was the same in WoD after the first patch.

Turn on names, you'll quickly realise that people you see are from other servers.
    I always pay attention to the server's name above the characters' heads. Most players I see are from my cluster (Maelstrom-Karazhan-LB-Deathwing-EU) and some are from Frostmane-EU, which is in CRZ mode with ours, but I never see anyone from Outland, Draenor or Ravencrest EU, for example, which are most populated servers in Europe. Meaning that they aren't in same CR zone (though I did see a lot of them in WoD).

That goes for WQs too.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2017-01-21 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Because really neither prove a healthy population, a guild operating means nothing, it could just be a bunch of mom an pops guilds that have next to no activity. I know because I just pulled 2 of my toons from them. An recruiting could mean either or, it could be signs its healthy, or that their roster is so non existent that they have to continue to recruit. An I could go a step further, since I have seen mythic guilds looking for members thats a sign the population isn't staying around.
    Except it does. The number of guilds killing things on mythic means 20 butts in chairs per.

Again. /shoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Feyranna View Post
    Except it does. The number of guilds killing things on mythic means 20 butts in chairs per.

Again. /shoo.
    And again, I can click on my server and see that Guilds ranked 20+ are 0/10 for NH and haven't touched ToV in well over a month. A couple spots lower and those guilds have neither touched ToV or completed EN on any difficulty..

I came back for a little bit to see what the new changes in 7.1.5 were.
    I have looked for days now and i have only seen like 3 Nighthold Pugs listed the day of and the day after it came out. Since then I have seen zero.
    Very few mythic groups listed.
    or the most part all i see listed is stuff for farming and old content. The Server I am one is now as dead as it was at end of WOD. I thought Nighthold would bring back a lot of people. Guess not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This is flat out bullshit. I can understand cynicism but there's simply no way WoW has dropped five times lower than it's lowest recorded point in WoD.
    I can see it as the servers i was on are ghost towns. No one doing the new content. Trade chat is just non stop spamming of raid guilds begging for people to join. Hell some are even offering free carries .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Trade chat is just non stop spamming of raid guilds begging for people to join. Hell some are even offering free carries .
    Not really conclusive. Raidings were never that big of a thing to most people. I think some people raided since it was the only meaningful progression gear wise and endgame.

With the WQ rewarding gears and M+, raid appeal is probably even less. Sure M+ and WQ gear is slower and lower, but I doubt these really care as they have something to progress at their own time without having to met the schedule and commitment associated with raiding.

Probably down, relatively nice expansion for WoW but MMORPGs just aren't as crazy popular as they were. Many of the mmo's I play now just have several thousand at peak so WoW hardly seems dead to me.

This poll is not gonna be conclusive, in any way.
    Down since launch? Yes.
    Up since WoD? Yes, definitely.
    Is the sky falling? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    This poll is not gonna be conclusive, in any way.
    Down since launch? Yes.
    Is the sky falling? No.
    1 i agree
    2 that is very subjective, Legion has every server CRZ now and that isn't a good sign.
    3 Not yet, but if only 5 servers are full and the rest are low with half a dozen on medium during peak time i don't think it's far off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Subs will always go down no matter what.
    You will be surprised how many people buying the game for the initial experience, leveling and story. It may sound hilarious, but yeah, these people exist.
    The only issue is that Blizzard are pouring enormous resourses in satisfying this demographic and aren't giving enough fucks about their core audience.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    I'm not even sure about that. Activity seems to have fallen just as low as WoD (though NH has probably bumped it back up somewhat).

Quote Originally Posted by Milotic View Post
    Probably down, relatively nice expansion for WoW but MMORPGs just aren't as crazy popular as they were. Many of the mmo's I play now just have several thousand at peak so WoW hardly seems dead to me.
    I know WildStar, Rift and Aion peak right around 2k players or so.

Hey it's crazy that a 2004 private server of vanilla wow is more popular than those heh?

Deleted
    Voted "up" but in reality I dont care about sub numbers. I'm having fun, we get new stuff like micro holidays and 7.2 will bring some cool stuff to pvp.
    I like all the options we got on what to do, I enjoy the grindy bit / steady progress with AP and the prestige system.
    I'm mainly into pvp - and yes it have been *not perfect* yet but I do have faith in that balancing will get fixed before S3 ..
    My only issue is, that I also want to play alts, but at the same time when I do, I feel I miss out on progression on my main. But ah well, can't have it all , and that is OK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I'm not even sure about that. Activity seems to have fallen just as low as WoD (though NH has probably bumped it back up somewhat).
    Ain't there that site with graphs that checks max level activity?

Was posted in another thread this month, it's pretty similar to WoD or a bit under. Was spot on accuracy in WoD, but cant be proven now.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.