Quote Originally Posted by Hououin Kyouma View Post
    That was before the Switch version was announced.
    Do you honestly think that Nintendo is, not only going to allow modding, but also get modding for a game that didn't get it for Xbox One and PS4? Don't try to fool yourself. It's not happening, and they probably would have said something if it was.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Do you honestly think that Nintendo is, not only going to allow modding, but also get modding for a game that didn't get it for Xbox One and PS4? Don't try to fool yourself. It's not happening, and they probably would have said something if it was.
    I'm saying assumptions aren't good to make right now, and your link doesn't exactly prove that it won't have modding.

Even if it doesn't, it doesn't really come close to Skyrim, which is the same price on all consoles, yet PC greatly benefits from the modding compared to the other platforms.

I'm saying assumptions aren't good to make right now, and your link doesn't exactly prove that it won't have modding.

Even if it doesn't, it doesn't really come close to Skyrim, which is the same price on all consoles, yet PC greatly benefits from the modding compared to the other platforms.
    You're right, it's not good to make assumptions, so why are you assuming it'll have a feature that has been clearly stated will only be for PCs and isn't on any other consoles? And that's also ignoring Antibirth which would be quite impossible to get working on a console.

But yes, this is nowhere near as atrocious as Skyrim, which is $40 on PC but will be $60 on the Switch with no mods and is not the remaster (which will be close to a year old by the time the Switch version comes out). The only thing the Switch's ports have going for them is the portability factor, Nintendo better push that HARD.
    Last edited by Truhan; 2017-01-20 at 04:28 AM.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    You're right, it's not good to make assumptions, so why are you assuming it'll have a feature that has been clearly stated will only be for PCs and isn't on any other consoles? And that's also ignoring Antibirth which would be quite impossible to get working on a console version.

But yes, this is nowhere near as atrocious as Skyrim, which is $40 on PC but will be $60 on the Switch with no mods and is not the remaster (which will be close to a year old by the time the Switch version comes out). The only thing the Switch's ports have going for them is the portability factor, Nintendo better push that HARD.
    If you can point out where I said it will have the feature, I'd be glad to admit to assuming.

But nowhere did I say that. I asked you if they said it definitely won't be there, you linked an article that's a bit outdated, and I pointed that out.

And I wasn't talking about Skyrim for Switch, I was talking about Skyrim in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What if it was miscommunication and its their solution for mobile online, and an option for at home chatting etc. Thats the hope anyways.
    If the app is 100% optional, I am fine with that.

If its required for ANYTHING, I am not ok with that.

- - - Updated - - -

You're confusing me when you say the same thing twice, I can't realize if it's still a joke at that point or not.

And I get feedback is important, but we're still not 100% sure how it's going to work out. Hopefully they do clarify soon.
    My fault for not being clear, so like I just said above.

If the APP is 100% optional, that is something I'm ok with. If the app is required for anything that is something I'm not ok with. I do hope they clarify soon as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    No they aren't and Nintendo agrees with me.

P.S. Galaxy 1 and 2 are two of the finest games ever made. Only 3D Mario games that I'd say are on par with Super Mario World.
    fuck man i miss mario sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    My fault for not being clear, so like I just said above.

If the APP is 100% optional, that is something I'm ok with. If the app is required for anything that is something I'm not ok with. I do hope they clarify soon as well.
    I can agree 100% with that.

An app should not be mandatory at all. I mean, if it's mandatory for chat, that would suck, but mandatory to use online play is absolute trash.

Galaxy 1 & 2 are proper 3D Mario games because they are of the same style as N64 and Sun Shine.

Super Mario 3D World Isn't, Its gameplay style is of the 2D games but in a 3D setting.
    Wut... Even Nintendo doesn't agree with you. Galaxy series is short, course based levels. It's nothing like the open exploration/collecting of 64 and Sunshine. Even Nintendo at the conference showed how 3D world was the progression from the Galaxy series and that SMO is the progression from 64 and Sunshine.

But yea, the problem comes when people like Immitis claim one style is "2.5 D" when both are 3D. It's just one is linear course based, more smaller levels and the other is larger, non linear bigger levels but less of them. Both styles are good and there isn't a bad mario game to be found in any of the 6 games either way.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-20 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Wut... Even Nintendo doesn't agree with you. Galaxy series is short, course based levels. It's nothing like the open exploration/collecting of 64 and Sunshine. Even Nintendo at the conference showed how 3D world was the progression from the Galaxy series and that SMO is the progression from 64 and Sunshine.

But yea, the problem comes when people like Immitis claim one style is "2.5 D" when both are 3D. It's just one is linear course based, more smaller levels and the other is larger, non linear bigger levels but less of them. Both styles are good and there isn't a bad mario game to be found in any of the 6 games either way.
    what do you suppose we call it then because even nintendo considers them seperate series.

rename 3d mario to hub mario? people know what 2.5 means, its the 2d games in 3d space. new super mario bros is graphically 2.5d but nobody calls it that, you say 2.5d mario most people know which ones you're referring to you say 3d mario people instantly think 64
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    what do you suppose we call it then because even nintendo considers them seperate series.

rename 3d mario to hub mario? people know what 2.5 means, its the 2d games in 3d space. new super mario bros is graphically 2.5d but nobody calls it that, you say 2.5d mario most people know which ones you're referring to you say 3d mario people instantly think 64
    2.5D already has a definition in gaming, and it's not what those games are. That's what you're failing to comprehend. You call them exactly what I just said. They're both 3D games. /facepalm.

I haven't heard anyone refer to 3D World as "2.5D" outside of you and other random people on message boards being ignorant to what 2.5D actually means. 3D plain = 3D game period. 3D graphics on a 2D plain = 2.5D.

NSMB and DKC are 2.5D. Just stop with the fail.

2.5D already has a definition in gaming, and it's not what those games are. That's what you're failing to comprehend. You call them exactly what I just said. They're both 3D games. /facepalm.
    i know it has a definition, 2.5d however also describes those games. 2d marios in a 3d plane.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    i know it has a definition, 2.5d however also describes those games. 2d marios in a 3d plane.
    You are making this shit way more complicated than it needs to be. Regardless, your original point was that 3D World didn't get media attention because it was "2.5D." Ignoring the 2.5D part, 3D World definitely got media coverage and it is the third best selling game on the Wii U.

Except that's the complete opposite of what a 2.5D is.

In what world is a 93 metacritic rating considered not getting media attention anyways?

It has a higher metacritic then sunshine FFS.

- - - Updated - - -

2d marios in a 3d plane.
    Except for they part where they are 3D Marios in a 3D plane.

What is this 2D Mario in 3D plane game you speak of? Paper Mario?

all im saying is tendo would do well to make more open world type games and more rpgs.

donkey kong should get a 3d open world game and an rpg.

star fox should get a 3d open world game and an rpg

f zero should get an 3d action adventure game

kirby should get an 3d action adventure game

more kid icarus

these are the genres that are hot right now.

Donkey Kong RPG...

F-Zero Adventure game...

I'm guessing Immitis lives in a state that just legalized the ganja.

all im saying is tendo would do well to make more open world type games and more rpgs. .
    You do realize that the media and the community is tired as fuck of Open World games right? So many open world games keep coming out, Its no longer funny.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Donkey Kong RPG...

F-Zero Adventure game...

I'm guessing Immitis lives in a state that just legalized the ganja.
    more people know who captain falcon is than know what f-zero is.

smash has brough captain falcon to the spotlight, he has a fighting kit, make him an action hero. have him go around punching fools in space.

make it kind of like devil may cry or bayonetta but scifi and starring falcon

shit would be awesome

donkey kongs got a huge cast of characters, make it wacky like paper mario and mario and luigi.

or hell, make it paper donkey kong, people have been wanting paper zelda since forever

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize that the media and the community is tired as fuck of Open World games right? So many open world games keep coming out, Its no longer funny.
    thats what people like though. people are sick of fps games. they like games you can go around and smack people up in.

- - - Updated - - -

or they could give us a donkey kong 64 2

10+ Year Old Account
    People are sick on everything turning into Open World games too. Also how is people being sick of FPS games relevant to Nintendo in any way? They don't have any FPS franchises other than Metroid Prime.

donkey kong should get a 3d open world game and an rpg.
    Why?

star fox should get a 3d open world game and an rpg
    Why?

f zero should get an 3d action adventure game
    Why?

kirby should get an 3d action adventure game
    Why?