i havent seen anyone sick of open world games, in fact ive seen the opposite the biggest complaint against ff15 is that it goes from being a free open world to linear like halfway through.

people heard odyssey was going to be open world again they went crazy,

horizon zero dawn is one of the biggest anticipated games,
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

thats what people like though. people are sick of fps games. they like games you can go around and smack people up in.
    Your not getting it, Open World became the new "Zombie" game and people are tired of it. Only a handful out of the many in the past couple years has done decent. Yes people are also stick of fps games but there hasn't been as many besides ur normal ones (Cod,BF,TF)

Not everything needs to be Open World.

You keep viewing what you want as what everyone wants. I sure as shit don't want anymore Open World games. Zelda Breath of the wild looks fun as fuck, but if its 90% empty space and traveling that is going to be one boring ass world.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?
    because it would be cool dude

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

i havent seen anyone sick of open world games, in fact ive seen the opposite the biggest complaint against ff15 is that it goes from being a free open world to linear like halfway through.
    Then you clearly don't fallow any type of media. There was more reasons on why the linear part of FFXIV was bad then it not being Open World. As a matter of fact it not being Open World was not one of those issues.

- - - Updated - - -

.....FFS.

Like I said you are projecting what you want as what everyone wants...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Your not getting it, Open World became the new "Zombie" game and people are tired of it. Only a handful out of the many in the past couple years has done decent. Yes people are also stick of fps games but there hasn't been as many besides ur normal ones (Cod,BF,TF)

Not everything needs to be Open World.

You keep viewing what you want as what everyone wants. I sure as shit don't want anymore Open World games. Zelda Breath of the wild looks fun as fuck, but if its 90% empty space and traveling that is going to be one boring ass world.
    alot more people would buy star fox adventures 2 or a game starring captain falcon than would buy star fox zero 2 or f-zero super race a shit ton of people would also buy donkey kong 64 2 than tropical freeze 2

Not trying to be a dick, but I'm really glad you're not making decisions at Nintendo. They're making plenty of beyond questionable moves on their own, but half those ideas would turn out to be little more than giant piles of burning money that tarnish each respective brands reputation.

alot more people would buy star fox adventures 2 or a game starring captain falcon than would buy star fox zero 2 or f-zero super race a shit ton of people would also buy donkey kong 64 2 than tropical freeze 2
    Got any kind of data to back up such a statement?

Not trying to be a dick, but I'm really glad you're not making decisions at Nintendo. They're making plenty of beyond questionable moves on their own, but half those ideas would turn out to be little more than giant piles of burning money that tarnish each respective brands reputation.
    lots of people have fond memories of star fox adventure and donkey kong 64.

nintendo needs to diversify their ips. they have worlds with cool characters that are underutilized.

maybe they could get telltale to do a game with wario and waluigi like the batman game

- - - Updated - - -

Got any kind of data to back up such a statement?
    have you seen the type of numbers f-zero does?

a new f zero probably wouldnt even sell more than 400k copies.

people love captain falcon, they dont give a fuck about f-zero

lots of people have fond memories of star fox adventure.
    What people? By people do you mean you?

- - - Updated - - -

have you seen the type of numbers f-zero does?

a new f zero probably wouldnt even sell more than 400k copies.

people love captain falcon, they dont give a fuck about f-zero
    So that's a no then?

maybe they could get telltale to do a game with wario and waluigi like the batman game
    1. Fuck I hope not, Telltale is massively overrated and outside of occasionally good writing, their games are technical disaster.

2. ...again...why? Are there people clamoring for more backstory about them? Looking for narrative based Mario games with no actual gameplay? I don't get what's remotely appealing about this.

What people? By people do you mean you?

- - - Updated - - -

So that's a no then?
    look at how little the last main console f-zero game sold

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-Zero_GX#Reception

you really think nintendo is just sitting on a popular franchise? f-zero is one of their nichest franchises. people only know falcon from smash, the only reason hes still in smash is because hes a living meme

- - - Updated - - -

1. Fuck I hope not, Telltale is massively overrated and outside of occasionally good writing, their games are technical disaster.

2. ...again...why? Are there people clamoring for more backstory about them? Looking for narrative based Mario games with no actual gameplay? I don't get what's remotely appealing about this.
    people have been asking for a real game with waluigi in it for a long time. waluigis never appeared in a real game outside of the party and sports games

look at how little the last main console f-zero game sold

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-Zero_GX#Reception

you really think nintendo is just sitting on a popular franchise? f-zero is one of their nichest franchises. people only know falcon from smash, the only reason hes still in smash is because hes a living meme
    That wiki doesn't prove your statement correct at all.

You said.
    Do you got any data to prove more people would buy Star Fox Adventures 2 over Star Fox Zero 2, Or that they would buy a Captain Falcon game over just F-Zero?

You are projecting what you want as what everyone wants.

That wiki doesn't prove your statement correct at all.

You said.

Do you got any data to prove more people would buy Star Fox Adventures 2 over Star Fox Zero 2, Or that they would buy a Captain Falcon game over just F-Zero?

You are projecting what you want as what everyone wants.

I disagree that Telltale games are a disaster, but I do agree (if you're suggesting it) that this is a bad idea. There is no need to make a telltale series about Wario & Waluigi, for a vast number of reasons. Mario has never been about the story over gameplay (which ultimately, is what Telltale games does, even if they are fun to play). Wario and Waluigi are not remotely popular enough for this to work out well. It would focus on a single console exclusively, likely the weakest one for Telltale right now.

If Nintendo wanted to do a Telltale game like this, it would make infinitely more sense to use a more story-focused game franchise such as Zelda, Metroid, or hell, even something like Fire Emblem. None the less I cannot support it; I think it would be an awful idea at this time.

I still stand by that I'd play a Mario & Luigi game that also featured Wario & Waluigi, though.

- - - Updated - - -

That's sad to hear. I like Star Fox, but seeing this makes me think it's finally going to retire. Star Fox Zero was ambitious, but ultimately flawed. Maybe it is time it retired; Nintendo just can't get the formula right and maybe they never will again. Nintendo's obsession with innovating isn't always for the best for every single franchise (even if it often is).

It does make me curious what Star Fox and Star Fox 2 got, but maybe that data simply isn't available.

You are comparing a Star Fox came (while shitty) selling poor on a poor selling system.

This doesn't prove that Star Fox would sell better as a different game. It proves it sold like shit on a system that sold like shit.

10+ Year Old Account

people heard odyssey was going to be open world again they went crazy,

horizon zero dawn is one of the biggest anticipated games,
    Can I just say I'm thoroughly sick of open world games and have been for some time.

It doesn't mean i won't play them but since the awful Skyrim I've been far more interested in linear narrative driven games.

The idea of those games getting open world....no just no.

Most of his ideas are crap, but some type of adventure game with Captain Falcon could work. Problem is the "world concept" for F-Zero is pretty empty, isn't it? I never played GX, but pretty much its racing and Falcon being in Smash. They would have to come up with a more fleshed out concept for what happens between races.

I think the issue would be that racing games are very niche, so even some type of hybrid adventure game where he also did some races probably wouldn't mesh well. Bad memories of some type of Phantom Menace/pod racer game, right?

Maybe some type of over-the-top beat-em-up game like Double Dragon/TMNT meets Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

You guys are telling me a super cheesy full on ham old school mobster noire dramedy with warriors and waluigi as kingpins like the godfather wouldn't be amazing?

Chelly
    i havent seen anyone sick of open world games,
    A lot of people are sick of useless empty open world games. It's oversaturated on the market, like Zombie or survival games. Nintendo is guilty of this too, because the overworld in a lto of Zelda games are just pathetically useless.

Open world indie survival for instance is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay oversaturated by shit games.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Personally, I'd HAPPILY buy a new F-Zero over Stair Fax Temperatures anyday. SFA was god fucking awful.
    ....I'd play SFA over SFZ...if only because of the atrocious Controls.

SFZ is closer to a traditional SF title but the horrible control scheme absolutely ruins the game.

Also: I completely agree about a new F-Zero.....Nintendo has been forgetting a lot of it's franchises lately. F-Zero and Metroid in particular. That F-Zero DLC for MK8 was such a tease of what COULD have been....
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.