Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Post So today I left my first M+ due to others - Right or wrong?

I had some time over this morning and felt bored. I noticed a +11 Neltharions was up in the mix so I qued up, linked my KeystoneMaster and said Id like to tag along.

I got invited and inspected their HP. The GL was a Mage wich didnt look that schabby at the HP pool and I didnt took notice about the others really.

Tank was unable to use spellwarding. He seamed to have no clue about Necrotic. Left me to solo 2x of the mobs ontop of the waterfall.

Thankfully he was pulling so slow and one pack at the time that he didnt die all the time - just 3!

He was in party with the ShadowPriest wich was above me in ilvl.
    Mage was...horrendus. Died all the time and clearly was not to be there due to his gear I noticed (yaya, i should have paid attention)
    I felt sorry for he healer, he was doing really well.

After the mage and SP had died so many times that they booth had to TP out (Two times for the mage, one for the SP) I just couldnt take it anymore and said I was tierd of carry them. This was after Naraxas and the mid pack. They managed to die another time again at the scorpids, due to unawareness, positoning and god knows what.

I after this got silly amount of hate from the Mage and several people in the Paladin/Sp guild i assume (i had them on ignore, cus I know the storm was coming)

Names masked cus do not want to name and shame.

Thats the total/average DPS. Mage was constantly whisperiong me "what is the Priest doing? bla bla bla" and i just ignored.

So, what I want to know is - When is it ok to in fact abandon a Keystone like this? Should there be a reset button? How to prevent this? Cus I understand the Key got completely destroyed (even if i left post deletion, they would never be able to finish it for the chest)
    Last edited by Nikkej; 2017-01-20 at 08:33 AM.

I try not to leave mid way through runs, but sometimes you just reach your tolerance limits.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    I once left my own +2 eye run. the tank was very unfamiliar with the place and the dps were really low. tank and two of the dps died over 20 times and I had enough and left, we weren't on par to even get a single chest. after I left I was called virtually every bad name in the book for leaving my own key run by the tank.

if you're not feeling the group and you personally believe the effort isn't worth the reward you have every right to leave and shouldn't feel bad about it. a huge portion of players these days are extremely toxic and you shouldn't really worry about any backlash from the them.

you hit your limit, completely understandable

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems reasonable unless the mage specifically asked for people to boost him, although it doesn't look like the priest had any business boosting...
    Though personally I would have finished it after having come that far - it's still one chest with guaranteed AP even if it's over the timer.

Deleted
    I try not to leave any run. Unfortunately, I have only once abandoned a run (+12 VotW), and that was even before the first boss, so not much time was wasted.

All in all, from yourv description, leaving the run seems reasonable. You could, however, ask yourself why you stuck to it as long as you did. If you notice the run would be awful in the beginning, you could have abandoned it earlier. abandoning a run right before the last boss hurts people much more then abandoning it quite early. ts mid-week, so i assume this wasn't an "only for weekly chest" run. If it was, I wouldn#t have abandoned it so late.

That being said, look at your dungeon history. If you are in the habit of completing dungeons and sticking to groups with minor problems, don't let it bother you. If it happens more often, maybe thik about which groups you choose and if you can be more careful. Otherwise, don#t sweat it. Sometimes its best to protect yourself. and from your description, your case was very reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoe View Post
    Seems reasonable unless the mage specifically asked for people to boost him, although it doesn't look like the priest had any business boosting...
    Though personally I would have finished it after having come that far - it's still one chest with guaranteed AP even if it's over the timer.
    This was my tought. But when the mage said he needed his second repair, tank was "ok then I am gonna get coffe" and I realized we most likely would not even kill the scirpids at the end (we made a try before the mage had to repair again, and booth him, the priest and druid died when they was at aprox 30% when i dismissed and reset with FD), I made the call.

I'd probably have stuck it out, you only had another 7 mobs left to kill. However, I can understand why you left.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm amazed you stuck with it as long as you did, that sounds like an awful mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    I recommend this nifty addon https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/o-item-level
    Shows the ilvl of every party member, if they have glaring problems (no enchants / gems etc) just to you know what you're dealing with. Obviously for a +2 it wouldn't matter since your dps can demolish that instantly but for a 10+ dungeon you should always check your team if it's a PUG.

As with others, I wouldn't have left since it was close to being over. Also, I take it the PUG description had no mention of "chill run / boosting mage friend / don't care about timer"? Because if it had any of that, you should have finished it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I'm amazed you stuck with it as long as you did, that sounds like an awful mess.
    I was just waiting for the time to take kid to school, was prob that. And I in fact tried to tell them they had to avoid avalances etc.

I guess this is what happens when ppl gets their Maw or CoS boosted. I rarely join pugs (i form my own at times tho),

Anyway, today was the first time I in fact reflected over the problem with people leaving keystones - and I was the one leaving, hence the post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by angelblack View Post
    I recommend this nifty addon https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/o-item-level
    Shows the ilvl of every party member, if they have glaring problems (no enchants / gems etc) just to you know what you're dealing with. Obviously for a +2 it wouldn't matter since your dps can demolish that instantly but for a 10+ dungeon you should always check your team if it's a PUG.

As with others, I wouldn't have left since it was close to being over. Also, I take it the PUG description had no mention of "chill run / boosting mage friend / don't care about timer"? Because if it had any of that, you should have finished it imo.
    Yeah, I get the point. I have named my pet ilvl tho, cus I am against the ilvl obsession (I got my KM at 877, as an example, with 25 traits...)
    But thats smt different. The addon might be nifty indeed, should install it.

As of the leaving thing - when they just melted at the scorpion, I just felt it was enough. The description was "Neltharions +11", and I was declined first due to low ilvl (I have 890 equipd, 893 shown) but at krassus landing i got a whisper saying a spot opened up... Oh the bait.

You kinda gotta judge depending on the situation, if they are repeatedly dying on easy things I would leave after a few wipes. I think this week is easier for range so I dont think they should be dying that much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pugs can be funny. Once I had a guy afk mid mythic EoA+2 to fetch a yogurt. He was away for like 5 minutes. This was in a group where pretty much noone had idea about any tactics and they kept getting themselves killed all the time, even on trash. Obviously there was no reason to hurry.

In another EoA+2 run some 830 guy rounded up a few other undergeared guys and expected me to "make bigger pulls" because his goal was +3 chests. We barely made the timer because ALL of the dps were fucking low, like 150-200K on aoe packs and even lower on ST. The 830 guy earned his mythic+ achievement at the end so it was his very first.

Also some low m+... leader invites someone with decent ilvl, then kicks him in a few seconds saying "he had bad gems for his spec". I inspected the leader and he had no gems at all in any of his sockets. Probably no enchants either.

You must be prepared for all kinds of shit when you pug
    Last edited by Zka; 2017-01-20 at 09:19 AM.

Deleted
    I totally get it, but as others say, i would have stuck with it after getting that far at least (Not to say i wouldn't have actually left sooner though, lol)

I left 1 M+ out of the hundreds i've done. It was a HoV +5-6 (something like that) on my alt prot paladin quite a while back. After the group kept dying on the first boss due to not being able to move, and me being top DPS on all of our 4 wipes (and i didn't have great gear then either) i just felt that we'd never ever finish the dungeon so i just apologized and left. Think they actually understood why i left because i didn't even get any whisper or anything after...

It isn't something I would judge right or wrong. It is more rude or not. Yes what you did was kinda rude by leaving. At the same time how this mage was acting also was pretty rude. I could likely forgive bad play over the whispers and more so since it seems you were already kind of close to finishing. But yeah the whispers would have push me to the edge. So it was kinda a shitty situation and just by leaving it was far better than telling everyone they suck, your a god, and that they should kill themselves. Which sadly happens a lot these days. In the end that, I feel, makes just leaving ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    This was after Naraxas and the mid pack. They managed to die another time again at the scorpids, due to unawareness, positoning and god knows what.
    BUT... you basically cleared the instance! You left when there were 2 packs and the last boss left? That seems unreasonable. In a group like that I would probably leave somewhere between boss 1 and boss 2, unless this is my last chance to clear an M+ this week.

You have every right to leave whenever you want, you just might look like a dick.

In this case though, you were clearly in the right.

I don't play the game to carry people. I'm fine with carrying people through trivial content, but i'm not going to waste my time while i wait for people that outgear me to learn their spec.

Its selfish beyond imagine to enter a +11 and not even know your spec. You're basically subjecting 4 to your arrogance to join content you clearly cannot hope to complete, and your ignorance of your spec and the game in general

Some games (like league) ban for this kind of thing. Theres even a law IRL - criminal negligence.

Its morally reprehensible to assume people will carry you, or expect them to, without payment or asking first

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vitinariy View Post
    BUT... you basically cleared the instance! You left when there were 2 packs and the last boss left? That seems unreasonable. In a group like that I would probably leave somewhere between boss 1 and boss 2, unless this is my last chance to clear an M+ this week.
    Probably at this point they would either be past the timer or wouldn't be able to complete the time

10+ Year Old Account
    You were in the right. Don't feel bad.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    Classic M+ dumpster fire. You were right to leave. It's commendable you carried on as long as you did. I would've left before the 2nd boss, and I generally stick around when shit goes south in the vain and useless hope that I can teach others how to improve.

Why do people come here and post under the guise of needing approval for what they did in a video game?

Yesterday i volunteered +6 DHT to cover few k AP i needed for the point, i assumed i'd just chainpull everything and it would ended in no time.
    When we where just infront of first boss only then i saw that the key was depleted. that mofo hunter and his guildie tried to dupe us
    Bubble + HS. fucking cunts.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.