Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    Dude this Gallywix model is on par with models from Wrath.

I think they purposely just made shitty versions of the Worgen and Goblin leaders models to tell us they aren't updating them.
    Clearly you haven't seen the new Genn.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    They could also just put the Orc HD model skin on the Goblins since Humans, Dwarves and those little things look exactly alike.

This means no;

Model rework (It's fine on it's own just some eye fixes etc)
    Skin colour is fine as well (With the Orc HD repaint it will be better)
    Features are fine like hair style etc...
    No need either to change ears...

Would save them time and the effort to have to edit the model by hand.
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/mnFP1jy9hv0/maxresdefault.jpg = For males
    http://amiyuy.com/wow/wp-content/upl...414_205151.jpg = For females

I think it's a good idea since this picture looks exactly like the Goblin I want, with the HD repaint, fix to the eyes etc... = For females
    https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow...1eed2c5aa88270

For Males = http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/d/d2/Goblin.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/2000?cb=20130101175542

Last edited by rcshaggy; 2017-01-20 at 08:10 AM.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    They could also just put the Orc HD model skin on the Goblins since Humans, Dwarves and those little things look exactly alike.

This means no;

Model rework (It's fine on it's own just some eye fixes etc)
    Skin colour is fine as well (With the Orc HD repaint it will be better)
    Features are fine like hair style etc...
    No need either to change ears...

Would save them time and the effort to have to edit the model by hand.
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/mnFP1jy9hv0/maxresdefault.jpg = For males
    http://amiyuy.com/wow/wp-content/upl...414_205151.jpg = For females

I think it's a good idea since this picture looks exactly like the Goblin I want, with the HD repaint, fix to the eyes etc... = For females
    https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow...1eed2c5aa88270

For Males = http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/d/d2/Goblin.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/2000?cb=20130101175542

Don't talk about modelling/texturing if you don't have the slightest idea about the topic. A texture has to be speficially designed for a model, otherwise you get these:

A texture update won't fix the main issues people have with the current goblin and worgen models, the latter being worse in some aspects (facial expression, clipping, customization) than some TBC models.

No, no, no.

You can't just throw the textures of an orc onto a goblin and expect it to work. UV mapping does not work like that.

That aside, worgen and goblins do need model updates. Or did people think there wasn't a large difference between Cataclysm Garrosh and Mists of Pandaria Garrosh?

Deleted
    Finally Gallywix will come and get the shit done! Best leader!

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha his SpellCastOmni and Stun animations are amazing.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No, no, no.

You can't just throw the textures of an orc onto a goblin and expect it to work. UV mapping does not work like that.

That aside, worgen and goblins do need model updates. Or did people think there wasn't a large difference between Cataclysm Garrosh and Mists of Pandaria Garrosh?
    Well Blizzard could edit the model to use the Orc HD wrap skin for Goblins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Haha his SpellCastOmni and Stun animations are amazing.
    Kinda based off the Pygmy from Cata.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=48041/pyg...delviewer:10+0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    Finally Gallywix will come and get the shit done! Best leader!
    I am really not that much excited for him.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    His face seems somewhat unfitting... I mean, it looks almost... compassionate O.o

Outside of that; finally he's seeing some action... Probably trying to sell us some more explosives to get into ToS

7+ Year Old Account
    New goblin model has a very low prio for me when it comes to new content. They look fine and they work alright with spells and animations. They are not in dire need of an update, so i would rather have alot of real content instead of new goblin models. If they had a patch with upgrades to goblin and worgen models, i would see it as dead content and proberly make the patch pretty bad when it comes to real gameplay content.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if you look at gallywix's hands, you can see he still uses older its of the model.

i'm glad he got updated, but jesus christ.
    Work in progress maybe ?
    Thats the problem with people making assumptions from datamining.
    "subject to change" is I think a statement which needs to be made here.

It is always easy to update an NPC who has a fixed costume, limited animation requirements, etc.
    It is much harder to update a player class model which has many more interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    His face seems somewhat unfitting... I mean, it looks almost... compassionate O.o

Outside of that; finally he's seeing some action... Probably trying to sell us some more explosives to get into ToS
    Static image doesn't tend to show them at their best.
    Wait till wowhead has a 3d model, might give a better idea.
    Otherwise there is room for feedback there.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Well Blizzard could edit the model to use the Orc HD wrap skin for Goblins.
    If they have to unwrap anyway, they may as well start from scratch and create a custom texture rather than cutting off pieces of the orc texture to chaotically paste them onto the goblin model's uv islands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think we will finally get new Goblin model edit like Gallywix's?

I really want to see the Goblins finally getting some tweaks to their model, a good skin wrap etc...
    Current playable goblins are fine, but Gallywix is a faction leader, whom doesn't even have his own model, about time really.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account

While looking at the models in model viewer they are honestly really don't need that much of a update. Don't really need it that much anymore I guess, but still.
    Been playing on the lowest settings and hate on how they updated those Goblin's rivalry and really pissed me off. The model looks better with Goblins than those pale skin pieces of crap.

Really love Goblins you know, and I have my Goblin Female Warlock.
    I love the other races of the Horde and that is why I want the exact time to put into the Goblins too.
    For the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I really don't get how he's in power if you did the goblin starting zones. I also don't get by his personality how he hasn't turn traitor to the legion.
    Not a whole lot of profit to be made when your planet is completely destroyed by the Legion. Although it wouldn't have been surprising for him to "join" with them with the intent of betraying them at a later point in order to get the inside skinny on their technology and goodies before helping to boot them from Azeroth in a bid for a huge (and grateful) customer base for his new cache of "acquired" goods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry guys/girls too...
    I just got excited to finally have new Goblin models. :l

Am kinda happy he has his own model as a leader, but I was hoping they could fix Baine and give him more of a custom horn feature and more of his look from the artworks. Still the same Tauren model, but slight differences.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    No way we will get new Goblin models, just like we wont get new Worgen models.

They are both perfectly fine, especially Goblins
    You do realize that the Worgen and Goblin models are 7 years old, right?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    I understand, but it would be nice.
    Can't stand in which the other small fry thing I hate got a update and Goblins didn't.
    Not saying I'm ungrateful, just angry now that those things can mock my Goblin female.
    one was made in 2004
    the other was made in 2010
    complaining the one made in 2004 got an update in 2014 but the one made in 2010 dident... .dont you see the issue with that...

also do you understand the amount of hate blizz would get if they suddenly made the goblins all fat?

also yes baine will prob get a update when he is needed, this seems like gallywix will be needed in the story so he will be updated

kinda sad though that cineamtics like end of seige are not made ingame so he wont use his new model

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    You do realize that the Worgen and Goblin models are 7 years old, right?
    yes and the vanilal ones were 12+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post

compassionate? how the fuck do you see that? to me he looks liek hes neutral, fed up and bored

looks like shrek sexed
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    one was made in 2004
    the other was made in 2010
    complaining the one made in 2004 got an update in 2014 but the one made in 2010 dident... .dont you see the issue with that...

also do you understand the amount of hate blizz would get if they suddenly made the goblins all fat?

also yes baine will prob get a update when he is needed, this seems like gallywix will be needed in the story so he will be updated

kinda sad though that cineamtics like end of seige are not made ingame so he wont use his new model

- - - Updated - - -

yes and the vanilal ones were 12+

- - - Updated - - -

compassionate? how the fuck do you see that? to me he looks liek hes neutral, fed up and bored

looks like shrek sexed
    The Vanilla ones were 10 years old.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The Vanilla ones were 10 years old.
    yeah at the time... so by that logic we still have 3 more years befopre the worgen/goblins one need to be updated
    but your saying right now the worg/gob are 7 years old so i was just telling you that the vanilla races are 12 years old now, so they needed the update more
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    No way we will get new Goblin models, just like we wont get new Worgen models.

They are both perfectly fine, especially Goblins
    Blizzard said they will eventually redo the Goblin and Worgen models.