Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Save up your AP til 7.2?

So I reached my 35th trait some time ago and since then ive been banking up all the AP i get (currently have about 10 mil in the bank) and its starting to fill up my bags.

Why am i doing this you might ask?

Well, my thinking was that since all new traits will be coming out in 7.2, if i save up the AP now, ill be able to instabuy most/all of them as soon a they become available. On top of that, currently buying a new trait costs 1.9 mil for me, while buying the final 54th %dmg trait is 4.6 mil. This means that when the new traits come out, the starting point for me will be 1.9 mil if i dont buy any more %dmg traits, and at least 5 mil if i buy them all (plus, as ive said, if i dont buy any more %dmg ones ill have all that AP to use on the new traits).

Is anyone else doing this? Is there something im missing here, for instance, maybe the new traits will have a fixed starting price regardless of how many %dmg traits you have? This still wouldnt discount the benefit of having millions of AP just sitting in the bank, waiting for 7.2, though.

Yeah. You are missing the fact that Blizzard is like 99.9% gonna be on top of this and probably lock those traits behind a different kind of AP only obtainable on Broken Shore lmao.

Deleted
    Well they said that they will make sure its not worth it to bank your AP so probably not.

Also, you need a maxed out weapon (54) to even continue the 7.2 line. You will NOT be able to gain any of the new traits unless your weapon is already 54. So even if you were to bank them, is only really any point in doing so after you already hit 54.

And I quote:

The first of these updates is the addition of new Artifact traits that can be earned and unlocked via a new Artifact campaign, which you can embark on once you’ve maxed out your Artifact weapon. There will be at least three new traits per weapon, and you can unlock the ability to spend a fourth point on every existing minor trait on your weapon. There will be approximately 15 new traits for players to earn and spend to upgrade and customize their character.

There will also be new Artifact Knowledge levels to make sure there are adequate catch-up mechanics for those who switch between characters, have alts, or are just coming into the expansion a bit late.

For additional variety and customization, we’re adding new relics that modify two Artifact traits instead of just one, so that players can further guide the direction they want their character to progress.

Beyond unlocking new traits, the new Artifact campaign will provide an opportunity for players to show mastery of their class with a solo skill challenge, which will unlock a new appearance for their chosen spec weapon. These appearances have been inspired by previous class questlines that led to weapons like Anathema/Benediction, and Rhok’delar. No grouping required—or allowed—and completing the challenge will reward a truly distinctive appearance.
    Last edited by mmocb2358cdeee; 2017-01-20 at 06:26 AM.

There will almost certainly be a NEW AP CURRENCY in 7.2, meaning you wouldnt be able to use any pre-existing Ap to buy those new traits.

I think the new currency will be like a 'greater artifact power' that can be used for both 1-54 and 55+, or 1-70 if there are 15 new traits as they said a while back. The old currency would be reclassified to only work from 1-54.

That way people who dont have 54 traits wont complain that the useless 'new' currency drops while doing 7.2 content because they cant use it yet to upgrade their weapon.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2017-01-20 at 06:22 AM.

maybe the new traits simply cost AP values in the high billion region and the new AK will have massively higher multipliers. that makes all that you can save up irrelevant, allows an instant catch up for all that are not 54 yet and lets you keep one currency.

They said they would add new levels... So it will just scale up really fast so you might be able to get 1 level with a bank full.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    There will almost certainly be a NEW AP CURRENCY in 7.2, meaning you wouldnt be able to use any pre-existing Ap to buy those new traits.
    good this way ocd idiots wont be farming mythic + endlessly

Quote Originally Posted by Carmion View Post
    maybe the new traits simply cost AP values in the high billion region and the new AK will have massively higher multipliers. that makes all that you can save up irrelevant, allows an instant catch up for all that are not 54 yet and lets you keep one currency.
    That! I don't understand why people choose "new currency" as a possibility over that.

Deleted
    they confirmed new AK lvls, so once 7.2 launches people will likely get the 54 traits really fast due to more AK. That and the new traits will probably be necessary for less hardcore guilds to clear NH on mythic, since they will probably tune mythic around 54 traits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmion View Post
    I assume this too. The next AK level will probably be like a MASSIVE increase over what we have now, and they'll make traits 55+ so expensive that even if you save all your AP from now until 7.2 you'll not even be able to get more than like 1 trait.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    So basically you are gimping yourself now in the hopes of an "early-start" in 4-5 months when 7.2 ...

You are already at the stage where your bank is filled up and your bags are starting to be affected. You really cannot go beyond the bag-space cap you will be facing soon.
    Where are you going to put all the items once you have full bags and a full bank?

7.2 brings new AK levels which will make your saving look like peanuts in about a week or 2 anyway. I don't see how any rational person would want to gimp themself like this.
    All the space you are using now only brings you about 10 millions? That will get you what? 3 points? How much do you expect to have saved up when you hit the bag-cap?

10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from all other posts highlighting how unlikely to work this will be, I found it hilarious that you chose to be sub-optimal today in order to be sort of "bleeding edge optimal" for 7.2 instead

We're optimistically thinking at least around 2 months away from 7.2 so the bank isn't going to hold this. Why wouldn't you at least apply all the AP to the weapon meanwhile? You can still opt out of clicking the actual skill-up button if you so desire.

Deleted
    I personally don't think they would introduce a new currency. Too many upset people. Much likely they will just quantum leap the knowledge and thus make future points so expensive that bank hoarding will be laughable.

First step into that direction was the limit on putting AK into the weapon itself (otherwise unlimited storage space).

A bit sad for me, since I'm planning on maxing (54) my 3 weapons within the next 1-2 months, and then expect to need some kind of solution for the time between then and 7.2 hitting.

Deleted
    Blizzard will make sure that everyone will have to start over so I wouldn't save even 1 AP before 7.2 since they will make it useless like they always do. Someone gotta pay that prep man

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Hazzikostas
    Artifact Power and Knowledge
    The current plan is to create a system that won't reward you for holding on to your Artifact Power until Patch 7.2.
    In Patch 7.2 your 20 point final trait may be converted into the new trait.
    There will never be a reason to sit on Artifact Power.
    he also talked about probably refunding the 20/20 trait to 1/20 so you keep your 5% dmg, and then can spend all rest on new traits
    Last edited by zbik; 2017-01-20 at 01:04 PM.

They have already confirmed that the extra 20 traits are banks for your new talents. On patch day for 7.2 any 54 traits weapons will be fully unlocked with new traits.

I have also seen reddit comments from r/wow where blizz mocked ppl who saved their AP in their bank asking how much room they think they'd need for 20 traits worth of ap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    So I reached my 35th trait some time ago and since then ive been banking up all the AP i get (currently have about 10 mil in the bank) and its starting to fill up my bags.

Why am i doing this you might ask?

Well, my thinking was that since all new traits will be coming out in 7.2, if i save up the AP now, ill be able to instabuy most/all of them as soon a they become available. On top of that, currently buying a new trait costs 1.9 mil for me, while buying the final 54th %dmg trait is 4.6 mil. This means that when the new traits come out, the starting point for me will be 1.9 mil if i dont buy any more %dmg traits, and at least 5 mil if i buy them all (plus, as ive said, if i dont buy any more %dmg ones ill have all that AP to use on the new traits).

Is anyone else doing this? Is there something im missing here, for instance, maybe the new traits will have a fixed starting price regardless of how many %dmg traits you have? This still wouldnt discount the benefit of having millions of AP just sitting in the bank, waiting for 7.2, though.
    This happends if you ask a casual to think hard.

What you will miss is:

1)All the traits and DPS/HPS/HP buffs until 7.2(the DPS/HP difference after all about 10% extra compared to 35th trait) .
    2)You don't know if you need to unlock the 54 first before giving points to the new ones.
    3)More AK which comes with 7.2 makes it even easier to earn the AP.

Sum=wasted good energy and time for nothing.

It would make perfect sense thou, if you played the game as it suppose to be until 54th trait, then start banking.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-01-20 at 02:06 PM.

You need 53 on your weapon before you can progress the new stuff in 7.2 so there's no point

Deleted
    2months away? Are you guys out of your mind?

7.2 will hit aprox in 6months(as thats how much testing tends to take). This puts the release late june, early august.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    You need 53 on your weapon before you can progress the new stuff in 7.2 so there's no point
    During Blizzcon 2016 presentation Ion said we will need to have MOST of our traits unlocked to continue.

most =/= all

So likely it will require 35 traits unlocked.