Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    7.2 PTR is here and there is a chance, that flying will be here very soon. What do you think? Is it worth buying Legion to return in 7.2? I don't know. First of all, I don't want to do it, cuz in this case Blizzard will get my money anyway, despite of delaying flying - they should be punished for doing it. I think it's better to get Legion for free, when next xpack will be released. Second thing - currently we don't know anything about design of outdoor content. Will it have right design or design will be the same crap, as it's now? Pet Battle crowd gets it's own solo dungeon. Crap... Why can't quest-driven RPers finally get their own solo dungeon, so they will be able to finally escape from forced pseudo-PVP competition crap? Such dungeon - is one of these things, I would give flying up for.
    I was hoping for a price drop by the time the 7.2 PTR was out. Doesn't seem to be the case. This is likely to be a long PTR and I don't foresee Pathfinder part 1 taking that long based on my experience in beta, so I'm just going to wait another month or two and see if the price goes down.

Great timing with 7.2. I am happy with how the game progressed and we are going to get to enjoy flying in the next patch after the wonderful time I had on the ground. Feels to have a balanced approach instead of like most of the rest of the game that constantly waffles due to whining.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    That's like saying "People used to dress differently during 1960's and now they don't dress like that".
    Or it means: we didn't have that sh1t when the game was fun. Any correlation?

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I was hoping for a price drop by the time the 7.2 PTR was out. Doesn't seem to be the case. This is likely to be a long PTR and I don't foresee Pathfinder part 1 taking that long based on my experience in beta, so I'm just going to wait another month or two and see if the price goes down.
    I don't know. I still have plenty of content to do in WOD - almost 4 classes to go + plenty of Garrison stuff + professions + trasmog runs, I have been planning to do for a long time already. Also buying Legion = loss of everything, cuz switching addends doesn't change sum. If we will allow Blizzard to do it without any punishment now - we will be doomed to buy xpacks in their middle forever. Blizzard should 100% fix it and promise, that in next xpack this crap won't happen again, if they want me to buy Legion. I've never participated in PTR testing, but once it's free, may be I should do it now? Can I do it without buying Legion? Usually it's enough for me to watch some videos and to read some feedback to understand, whether design is crap or not.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiomar View Post
    I have so many problems with Legion at this point. A big one of them is the gating of flight. Without a doubt the bad points I find with Legion now outweigh the good points and with a heavy heart I no longer play the game. I mentioned to my wife when Legion started 'it is like they don't want us to have fun anymore'. Everything came to a head for me on Boxing Day. I logged in and found I couldn't bring myself to do anything. I thought to myself 'I will come back for Nighthold' but realised on logging in this weekend before its release that even it couldn't keep me playing. There is too much wrong with the game. I have logged in every day for 9 years but finally the legacy of the wrongs with WoD and the wrongs with Legion commited by this Dev team have killed my spirit to play. I say to all you anti flyers enjoy your game and I will add here that I am not a lone person doing as I am. For every person like me voicing that they are leaving there are many more silently going away. This game sucks right now and you can have it, I choose not too.
    Bye bye you will be missed ..not

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    I dunno if being dumb has anything to do with it really, the content is there and yes, it's FAR better than what WoD had to offer, but Legions is far more repetitive and it's just gotten very dull very quickly. I still do my emissaries daily but outside of that I just don't have the incentive to do anything else. I'm probably just lazy tbh
    tf do you want? You want new and exciting content every day? you know that that isn't possible ya?

carrot on a stick to entice people to keep on playing.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    There is a comparison. Raid gear and its affect on all other content.

The game is all about becoming OP. I don't know why you're so adamant in thinking there is some sort of balance that needs to be maintained when all the challenge of world content is made irrelevant the moment you obtain your first few pieces of epic gear. If we're talking about world content, then there's no problem with being OP.
    I really can't tell if you people are seriously this clueless or so blinded by your personal needs that you don't care. They're giving you flying but it isn't fast enough for you. Flier criers don't deserve to have their voices heard with how selfish they are.

The fallacy that all of you fall under is you pick one little thing that people talk about, say something to try to dispel it, and then consider the whole topic solved and wonder why people still disagree with you. Skipping content can mean 50 different things and can either be ok or not ok depending on the context. Saying, "well we kill things faster with higher item levels, so we're making it irrelevant", no, you're making some mobs that you happen to fight irrelevant. Notice how you're still fighting them, whether you 3 shot them or not? Not that irrelevant are they?

No. Gear and being able to fly over the world is not the same thing. Or even remotely comparable. When you get a high enough ilvl to clear every mob you pass flying from Dal to highmountain in a matter of minutes then you can try that argument again.

The fact that we pull the mounts out of our asses is what makes the whole thing OP. If we had to go to a stable or something it wouldn't be as big a deal.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2017-01-20 at 05:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    I dunno if being dumb has anything to do with it really, the content is there and yes, it's FAR better than what WoD had to offer, but Legions is far more repetitive and it's just gotten very dull very quickly. I still do my emissaries daily but outside of that I just don't have the incentive to do anything else. I'm probably just lazy tbh
    It really is just as repetitive as before. The problem is after 12 years you eventually wake up and start to see how repetitive the game is.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2017-01-20 at 04:30 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It really is just as repetitive as before. The problem is after 14 years you eventually wake up and start to see how repetitive the game is.
    Or you realized that it was repetitive shit from day 1 and you chose to do the things you liked doing.

Deleted
    I don't understand why people that hate flying even buy WoW... We've had been flying for TEN YEARS if you don't like flying play one of the many none-flying MMORPGs

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    I really can't tell if you people are seriously this clueless or so blinded by your personal needs that you don't care.
    Woooo boy. Wow...the irony of this statement is nearly overpowering.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Woooo boy. Wow...the irony of this statement is nearly overpowering.
    Good one. The most dedicated one to this thread talking about irony. You've been out of touch for months. Flying never has been and still isn't a big deal. Sorry you have to play the game.

If I were to design a flying revamp it would be something equivalent to being able to fly say the length of Highmountain every 10 minutes or so. Something where you could almost mountain hop but not straight afk across a continent and drop right where you need to be.
    WHAT game balance? As has already been established, the open world can already be unbalanced and/or bypassed by multiple different methods even without flying. If your entire argument is based on game balance when game balance already doesn't exist, then it's no wonder you don't have anything to say.
    There's different kinds of balance. If you can't see how normal travel(ground) accompanied by other means of getting around isn't a good BALANCE between the OPness of flight then, sorry, idk how to make it any clearer. Unbalanced play without flight would be ground mounts, 1 hr hearth, and long flight paths like it used to be. But they've given you all sorts of tools to get around to BALANCE the travel without going overboard with flight.

It's seriously such a non-issue that it magnifies the ridiculousness of people complaining about it 10x. I can't help but think the only people with a problem are the ones who just don't know wtf they're doing. If you actually pay attention to what you're doing, you get anywhere you're going efficiently all while actually engaging with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Except ALL of the things you named are less interactive and more skipping often including loading screens. Whistle is the most "skip" mechanic there is alongside breaking immersion far more than flying does. Flight paths are effectively automated flying that people can't interact with and tab out for and so on. Flying makes things more efficient, the other mechanics you named let you outright skip stuff with no interaction on your part.

4 claims in a single sentence all of whom are based on nothing but your personal opinion yet presented as facts. No, just no.

And this, doesn't even make sense as an argument.
    How do you not get that even with whistles and flight paths you still have to actually traverse the world at some point? Flying completely removes that.

Talking about the balance of distance/travel methods between flight paths and intended goals is splitting hairs. It's such an insignificant factor that you might as well be talking about the balance between having 5 more haste or 5 more crit.

Here we are talking about the grand fate of flight, and you're worried about flight being too effective compared to goblin gliders as a reason to keep flight out of the game. Good job.
    Sorry you can't seem to comprehend my above point like the others. I know you think divebombing everything is a good game design but apparently the people that know what they're doing don't.

You people talk about making content around flying when they don't need to. They can make content around travel. If you're good at the game you're good at getting around.

You know what flying feels like? A mod I got for GTA that lets you rise straight into the sky and fly around just pressing the number pad keys. Know what? It kind of took something away in that game too after using it to get around. GTA is game with good, balanced flight. You can fly, but you actually have to get in a flying vehicle, not yank one out of yer bum.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2017-01-20 at 05:44 PM.

I just wish that Legion flying unlocked flying in WoD zones. I didn't play that xpac and doing all that content now is just annoying. Maybe unlock a tome to buy or something. Ahhhhhh, wishful thinking

I really can't tell if you people are seriously this clueless or so blinded by your personal needs that you don't care. They're giving you flying but it isn't fast enough for you. Flier criers don't deserve to have their voices heard with how selfish they are.
    Yes, we're getting flying. So why are you still here pointing out problems that aren't problems when we already know flying is coming? Multiple people are pointing this out, so have you given the thought that 'Flying is OP in world content' is a non-issue?

You have a point. You simply don't realize its an insignificant one. The whole reason we're getting flight back at all completely deconstructs your main issue of flight being too OP for us to have.

Time gating is just one solution, and happens to be the one Blizzard has taken moving forward. For the most part, you've not even begun to discuss any of the solutions any of us have brought forth, choosing to take your own defensive stance on 'Flying is too OP and you guys only want flight because it's OP', which is a ridiculous assumption. Take a breath, read your own statements in our point of view. We're not trying to antagonize you here, you're just making it difficult to reason with when you're so focused on antagonizing us and trying to bring up issues which we've all reasoned as something that can be worked around.

You need to take a step in our shoes before you jump to conclusions that everyone is just dumb and don't understand what you're talking about. Read past replies under the notion that we all want a world where we have Flight that doesn't skip content. You'll see a very different tone in our responses, and realize why 'Flight is too OP and that's why you want it' is an insult to our criticisms.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-01-20 at 05:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Yes, we're getting flying. So why are you still here pointing out problems that aren't problems when we already know flying is coming? Multiple people are pointing this out, so have you given the thought that 'Flying is OP in world content' is a non-issue?
    lol, they aren't problems because they're turning flying on? Idk what point you're trying to make, we always knew it was coming. It's gonna shit on the game, but at least it has been gone for as long as it has.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole reason we're getting flight back at all completely deconstructs your main issue of flight being too OP for us to have.
    Please make sense with your sentences. Idk if you're trying to say it's not an issue because it will be enabled?
    Last edited by Dormie; 2017-01-20 at 05:49 PM.

lol, they aren't problems because they're turning flying on? Idk what point you're trying to make, we always knew it was coming. It's gonna shit on the game, but at least it has been gone for as long as it has.

- - - Updated - - -

Please make sense with your sentences. Idk if you're trying to say it's not an issue because it will be enabled?
    I just hope they throw a curveball like they usually do and make legionfall zones ground mount only.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrs ankle View Post
    I just hope they throw a curveball like they usually do and make legionfall zones ground mount only.
    That wouldn't be a curveball. That would just be a stupid decision that would only serve one purpose: To drive more players away from the game. I half expect them to do that anyway, simply because Blizzard seems oblivious to player concerns on a regular basis these days.

That wouldn't be a curveball. That would just be a stupid decision that would only serve one purpose: To drive more players away from the game. I half expect them to do that anyway, simply because Blizzard seems oblivious to player concerns on a regular basis these days.
    Or it would be normal gameplay for new content. We. Aren't. Birds. (except druids)

Idk how they could do anything interesting with flying as a standard. They can have flying zones, but that's a niche thing like Icecrown, that's never been their design philosophy for current content. There's a reason we can't fly in dungeons. The world isn't as irrelevant as you say it is. Especially in Legion and especially on PvP servers. You being stronger against mobs doesn't mean those mobs or everything else there is to do aren't gameplay. You're essentially saying that all the resources they put into making the world is only good for two weeks until everyone is level capped.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2017-01-20 at 06:06 PM.

You mean the concerns of whiny people, it's okay, I corrected you.

ToT and Timeless isle were very well recieved, wonder why