Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Twitter bot exposes trolls impersonating minorities

Maybe a small step in fixing the toxicity of twitter. Maybe some day it will clean up other bad corners of the internet. This new bot targets trolls that posting defaming statements against minorities, while hiding behind a fake avatar of the targeted minority.

[Source]
    The problem is, most casual social media users aren’t even aware that this sort of racist deception is being perpetrated, let alone trained to be vigilant for it. And Twitter isn’t really capable of the detective work to identify these accounts and take them down as they spring up.

So the question becomes: How can users fight back? Can this insidious tool of anti-Semitic harassment be defanged like the (((echoes))) that were previously used by internet bigots? The answer is yes, and it takes the form of a Twitter bot.

Meet Imposter Buster, social media’s new sheriff. He is programmed with an updated database of impersonator accounts, and every time one of them tweets, he automatically replies and exposes them with pre-programmed evidence.

Robo-cop has to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I look forward to evil SJWs turning out to be bots ran by anti-SJWs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

What about minorities acting like spiteful pricks to their own group while pretending to not be of that group?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    What about minorities acting like spiteful pricks to their own group while pretending to not be of that group?
    This is an SJW bot, get your own bot!

7+ Year Old Account
    So this bot ignores Asians? They are the majority of people.

I love the new training wheels internet.

Welcome to the world in the new millennium, where the genders are made up and logic and reasoning don't matter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Not in the anglophone world.
    What happened to lefties being world citizens?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    What happened to lefties being world citizens?
    Only when it is convenient.

Wow the example is a bit ridiculous. That is so obviously an over the top mockery it should jump at everyone. Just like "Shlomo Shekelstein" or similar stuff.
    @Mormolyce, actually given the tendencies of those groups to send themselves threats and fabricate their evidence. I kinda don't think this is really something they would want to pursue. Fake News already blew up in their face.

Sounds clever. Whether it will make an impact remains to be seen.

Sounds stupid, the bot has to be programmed the accounts that are already known so the bot finds nothing. If you have that information ban them, oh wait this is just a ploy to use more political bs.

So if twitter cant do the investigation work, how can they program the bot with knowledge only an investigation would uncover? We really are in the age of retard if people fall for this.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-01-20 at 11:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    What if the twitter bot is just some guy pretending to be a bot so he can slam all the opinions he doesn't like.

Deleted
    (((They))) are on us, boys.

15+ Year Old Account
    BUH BUH BUH BUH BUH GUYS

Only libtard SJW feminist pieces of trash impersonate others to try and make it seem like they're being persecuted. Good, up standing conservative cishet white males would NEVER do something like impersonation to make others look bad!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I miss the days when not feeding the trolls was the appropriate response to trolls
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    BUH BUH BUH BUH BUH GUYS

Only libtard SJW feminist pieces of trash impersonate others to try and make it seem like they're being persecuted. Good, up standing conservative cishet white males would NEVER do something like impersonation to make others look bad!
    You don't impersonate them. You fight for them because you think they're unable to, because they aren't intelligent enough. So basically cucks are biggest racists you can meet. THEY insult minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I miss the days when not feeding the trolls was the appropriate response to trolls
    That's what happens in post truth world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Only when it is convenient.

Wow the example is a bit ridiculous. That is so obviously an over the top mockery it should jump at everyone. Just like "Shlomo Shekelstein" or similar stuff.
    @Mormolyce, actually given the tendencies of those groups to send themselves threats and fabricate their evidence. I kinda don't think this is really something they would want to pursue. Fake News already blew up in their face.
    It seems the people who scream "fake news" have become so accustomed to to being made to look stupid, that they don't realize they're making a joke of themselves every time they scream "fake news" at legitimate stories. It certainly is amusing watching them think/believe they've "owned" someone by crying "fake news" at stories reporting on actual events carried by nearly every news outlet there is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    You don't impersonate them. You fight for them because you think they're unable to, because they aren't intelligent enough. So basically cucks are biggest racists you can meet. THEY insult minorities.
    You've gone a bit too far down the rabbit hole it seems.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    You've gone a bit too far down the rabbit hole it seems.
    No, I didn't. Many major internet "feminists" were proven to think that black women can't simply speak for themselves, that they have to do it for them, that they have to be in leadership positions. Fake fights, fake activists, who are actually exactly what they "fight" against.