Deleted

Is it possible to see % of UA ticks amplified by MG in Warcraftlogs?

Right, so basically UA+Drain Soul together make up over 50% of the damage you personally are in control of in a fight (so not your pet), and we know in this patch it's all about getting MG uptime on UA. We aim to have *every* tick of UA under Drain Soul, or as many as possible.

However, I'm unable to figure out a way in warcraftlogs to see if a tick of UA was buffed, or the % of buffed ticks, etc. This seems like crucial info for analysing Warlock logs in Nighthold.

Does anyone know if that is possible, and if so, how?

I think you cant see the exact # or the % of ticks affected, what you can do is estimate the amount of them u amplified by opening the log in that way ( https://gyazo.com/378b0622d12cf929e629f77754bd67ee )so you can see the dps provided by UA and drain soul and calculate by yourself the amount of time that UA was dmging without beein amplified.
    You have to take into account that the dps shown has a drop time, that makes it pretty unaccurate tho.

Deleted
    Really good question @Prawntage. I'm having a hard time analyzing my logs too with the MG build.

Deleted
    On warcraft logs, you can highlight times where you have the drain soul aura, and also the times that you do not have the drain soul aura. See how many of you ua ticks were inside and outside the aura.

Now to work out what a good % of ticks inside drain soul is for each fight.

Edit:
    In order to do this, click onto your own damage for a fight and just under the graphs and above the spell breakdown, on the right, is the Target Auras Filter. Click the one with the drain soul blue symbol, when the boarder is green, it is only showing times when drain soul was active, and when it is red, it is only showing times when drain soul was not active.
    Last edited by mmoc8ce6cb7efe; 2017-01-20 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zacsafus View Post
    On warcraft logs, you can highlight times where you have the drain soul aura, and also the times that you do not have the drain soul aura. See how many of you ua ticks were inside and outside the aura.

Now to work out what a good % of ticks inside drain soul is for each fight.

Edit:
    In order to do this, click onto your own damage for a fight and just under the graphs and above the spell breakdown, on the right, is the Target Auras Filter. Click the one with the drain soul blue symbol, when the boarder is green, it is only showing times when drain soul was active, and when it is red, it is only showing times when drain soul was not active.
    Bingo! This does it perfectly, shows you an exact number of ticks inside and outside of drain soul. Should be able to see nicely where I'm going wrong now and compare my % of UA ticks to much better warlocks than myself to see what I should be aiming for!

Nice one!

Thank you so much for this. I have so many UA's ticking off without Malefic grasp buff. Nice to finally see it
    Please do one thing on the forums, read the whole post first, form an opinion, and then state whether you agree or disagree.